Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 07-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Master
I wonder if the author has a watch with a quartz crystal in it?

I personally do not believe crystals have any power to them on their own, I see them as "amplifiers" of either our own energy or source's. Heaven's sake, they come right out of the earth - should we say that earth is evil?

Old 08-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Experiencer
I think what is getting many readers confusion on the fact that minerals or crystals are harmful.. is that to many crystals can in a since take over a surrounding.. blocking or redirecting their powers/forces in towards us or out away from us. If you've ever heard of the saying "To much of a good thing" then you'll under stand that, in the wrong hands.. crystals can harm. True one would need to be around a massive amount of crystals 24/7 in order to acquire any side effects.
Old 21-11-2010, 08:25 PM
AnnoyingPony

Trying to get away from the elements in the periodic table is impossible, no matter what form they take.

The only situation where I think crystals could hurt someone is if you sought crystal healing for a serious illness instead of proper medical care. Or if you stabbed yourself in the arm with a particularly sharp piece of obsidian. But I doubt that anyone on this forum would do that.
Old 21-11-2010, 09:40 PM
LightFilledHeart

[quote=Kaere]I personally do not believe crystals have any power to them on their own, I see them as "amplifiers" of either our own energy or source's. [quote]

That is what I feel about them intuitively as well
Old 21-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Master
No way I believe that, whose saying stuff like that anyways? Crystals are earth's gifts to us........that's how I see it and any of earth's gifts are good and lovely and healthy for us.
Spiritlite.
Old 21-11-2010, 09:52 PM
SunSister

Heh, I had to put most of my crystals in a sealed space. I keep all of the ones I have collected in my bedroom and they were influencing my sleep pattern and causing massive energetic bursts throughout the room. I put them in a teatable-like thing that has see-through glass so they're still on display, but essentially closed the door on their energies so they'd be contained. My nights have gotten a bit more quiet, but the energy in the room is still very harmonious and powerful.

I don't believe crystals can be harmful unless you don't know how to utilise them. Mine were too much of a good thing in my environment and so I had to devise a way to store them so they would affect me less. All of the stones I own are ones that resonate with my own energy, so I do not believe that they can cause me real harm.
Old 27-11-2010, 09:58 PM
mystic purple

I to discovered crystals, and im so glad i did.

i now have a large collection, rough and tumbles stones and now also in jewllery.

I find they help in many ways, my reiki healing, psychic development, protection on paranormal investigations and normal everyday life.

I always have 1 or 2 crystals on my person day and night i find they help me cleanse my aura on the go and keep away any negativity from others.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:53 AM
Ciqala

I think crystals have spirits, and are meant to help us and they love to, just like plants. But then again, there are some plants that will refuse to work with you for their own reasons, they all have different personalities, perhaps it is the same with crystals, but i highly doubt the plant and rock kingdom would do anything to hurt us purposefully. I know peoples own energies and intentions can make anything go wrong and become dangerous if they are not good.
Old 28-12-2010, 12:07 AM
phanie12

this is the 1st time i've heard such a claim, as opposed to the many claims of the beneficial properties.
Old 29-12-2010, 04:29 AM
Lamby

I'm really a newbie to crystals, but it would seem the author of that piece was of an extreme viewpoint. I tend to be wary of extremes of either direction.

However, there was something I read which made me wonder. Another author wrote that Quartz of any kind should be avoided around cancer patients because of the rapidness of cell multiplication in the presence of quartz. Normally that sort of thing would be beneficial of course, but in a cancer patient you're trying to keep the bad-guy cells from multiplying. So the author said to choose wisely for those cancer patients. That seemed like a reasonable caution - not an over the top statement like the author quoted in the original post here.

Those of you with experience - what are your thoughts on the no quartz around cancer patients?