Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 03-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Pathfinder

Hi there, I'm coming in a little late, but I wanted to let you know what "paganism" (my path) is to me. It might help to clear things up for you, too.

I came to Neo-Paganism because I was running from the religion I grew up in (Mormon). Initially I was drawn to it because it gave power back to ME, rather than some un-see-able force. Eventually I came to accept that this power is granted to me BY a Divine entity/entities. This has been healing in and of itself.

As far as finding nature to be healing, it has always been so for me as well. When I first came to the path I am now on, this was what gave me the peace I needed to begin the journey of finding myself: communing with nature on a spiritual level. It is so easy for us to accept nature as something mundane rather than something divine. I am happy to hear that the earth and sky are calling to you on a spiritual level. Listen. I am certain something good will come of it.
Old 16-06-2013, 03:01 AM
IfOnlyIHadWingZ

yes, thanks....it's helped me too.
Old 27-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks for the added comments! Its been helpful! My oneness is strongest with the earth and sky. And i dont follow religious idealogies. I follow my gut and heart to the best of my abilities. Perhaps im a pagan. I feel at the very least im more pagan than anything else.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Pathfinder

Running, I just wanted to add that you shouldn't feel a need to label yourself. Human nature is to label and categorize. Perhaps because we don't have the power to conceive of the unique nature of every thing and every one that we ever come in contact with.

If you don't identify with a religion, that is perfectly alright. It is great if we can say to ourselves, "This is what I believe, and that is good." If you can do that, then you are much healthier than most people.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger_Girl
Running, I just wanted to add that you shouldn't feel a need to label yourself. Human nature is to label and categorize. Perhaps because we don't have the power to conceive of the unique nature of every thing and every one that we ever come in contact with.

If you don't identify with a religion, that is perfectly alright. It is great if we can say to ourselves, "This is what I believe, and that is good." If you can do that, then you are much healthier than most people.

yeah i agree and i dont. And appreciate you bringing that up. Im just relating my experience to what im most related to. If being pagan is about the earth and sky then im mostly related or have in common to that. But i dont actually think of myself as anything other than myself.
Old 23-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Teiksma

Earth and Sky brings us two main energies, it is not strange that you feel them healing. It is not only pagan thought, but also is known in ci-gun practices and other asian cultures.
If you like celtic things you can read about Telluric and Solar currents, about life force Nwyfre. Other cultures call it prana, chi, ki, dzi. Thing most known from Star Wars - the Force
Old 23-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Master
Earth and Sky [Air] are two of the primary elements or powers. The other two are Fire and Water.
These four are invoked when Calling the Quarters
Earth = North, Fire = South, Air = East, Water = West.
Old 23-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Teiksma

It is just the one version.
I call for four elements - water, earth, fire and air, they comes from North, West, East and South, but I feel that there is also some sort of Earths center energy and Solar (cosmic) energy, that flows from below and above. Druids call them Telluric and Solar energies. They are not elements, they both make nwyfre - others call it prana, chi, ki, dzi of the Force like in Star Wars.
I feel them quite different from elemental quarters energies.
Old 15-08-2013, 10:47 PM
tigereye

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
I have found the sky and earth heal me more than other things. Is that how it is for Pagans?

During my journey my guides called it a wild goose chase. Years later I typed that quote in the computer just for fun. I was realy suprised that is something the Celts would say.

Were the Celts pagans?

I remember being a Pagan or a Witch of some kind. Are the two related in ways?
The earth and the sky and all the things within are certainly very important to me. I think the trees are the best healers for me. They're comforting.

"Taking someone on a wild goose chase" is a common saying among my family (from the North of Scotland). It means to lead someone after, or to seek something which cannot be found. Be that a useless endeavour or distraction in life, or looking for something spiritually which you cannot find because of looking in the wrong place. Maybe it was a sign to look inside yourself rather than the outside world for answers?

The celts (before the rise of Christianity) would definitely have been pagans, but their specific beliefs would have varied depending on the country and region they lived in.
Old 14-10-2013, 10:54 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks for all the input!!!! Wow! Sorry for the delay. Thought the thread was dead.

And about the wild goose case. That's what it was. As you said. Lol. Thank you! One good thing is it taught me to not chase it. Lol. So that was a very helpful discovery.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4