Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 09-01-2018, 01:10 AM
Master

Is your mind your enemy?

Have you ever asked yourself the question. What is it in you that regards your mind as an enemy? Could it be your mind itself that regards itself as such? Why would it do that? Just what is going on?
Old 09-01-2018, 03:40 AM
Master
Have you asked yourself these questions? I would be interested in your own response to your own enquiry.

I am always curious if the one asking has the realization of itself more complete or asking to fill the gaps of its own completion in all these questions. Makes me wonder for a bit ...then I move on of course.

As for my mind I am open minded, that way I don't box myself in.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 09-01-2018, 07:57 AM
Master
[quote=Iamit]Have you ever asked yourself the question. What is it in you that regards your mind as an enemy? Could it be your mind itself that regards itself as such? Why would it do that? Just what is going on?[/QUOTE

It can become your enemy if you fill it with wrong thoughts, think negative and you become negative.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:18 AM
Experiencer
Never asked myself that question, but I like to be the observer to my thoughts most of the time, as if I don't, well the things that go through the mind are not positive thoughts.

IMO, the mind is an amazing thing when used correctly. We ought to use it, not be a slave to it.

JMO.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:52 AM
Master

Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Have you asked yourself these questions? I would be interested in your own response to your own enquiry.

I am always curious if the one asking has the realization of itself more complete or asking to fill the gaps of its own completion in all these questions. Makes me wonder for a bit ...then I move on of course.

As for my mind I am open minded, that way I don't box myself in.

As it is mind that reflects, it is likely to be mind reflecting on itself that concludes it is the enemy of the organism it serves. Now what could have happened for it to reach such a conclusion? In the spiritual search, it would most certainly have come across the idea that mind is a barrier to enlightenment. It would not be surprising if it became convinced by this because that belief is rife in most spiritual solutions on offer to end the search. So one can see why the result might be that mind turns on itself because otherwise it cannot fulfil the task it has been assigned to solve the sense of lack driving the spiritual search.

What a conflict for mind to be in! On the one hand it has that task to complete whilst on the other hand it also has to eliminate itself, the mechanism carrying out that task!

Not to mention that if mind did eliminate itself, could the organism survive without that protection? Being very creative, it is more likely that mind pretends to be eliminated whilst hiding behind that façade continuing to run the show, to the continuing benefit of the organism.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:58 AM
Master

[quote=sky123]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Have you ever asked yourself the question. What is it in you that regards your mind as an enemy? Could it be your mind itself that regards itself as such? Why would it do that? Just what is going on?[/QUOTE

It can become your enemy if you fill it with wrong thoughts, think negative and you become negative.

So what thoughts would mind have to have to become your enemy? Give some examples.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEN34
Never asked myself that question, but I like to be the observer to my thoughts most of the time, as if I don't, well the things that go through the mind are not positive thoughts.

IMO, the mind is an amazing thing when used correctly. We ought to use it, not be a slave to it.

JMO.

So what thoughts would mind have to have to become your enemy? Give some examples.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:01 PM
Master
[quote=Iamit]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

That the mind is your enemy.... Don't think it is your enemy, think it is your friend
Old 09-01-2018, 04:16 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit

I don't think it is an enemy per se, but I think since the ego was developed all that time ago to protect us, most of us live exclusively from that (ego), which is mind-identity based, thus know no different, which is second nature to them.

One who is awakened can obviously see the difference between operating from your awareness/higher self by being the observer to your thoughts, whereas one who isn't awake is locked in on developing and living from what they think.

I.e. I only had a conversation with my sister the other week about this. She isn't spiritual, and we don't talk about it, but she mentioned something about worrying and being in the past or future and that she doesn't worry.

I asked her ''When you're washing up, for example, write down the first five things that come into your mind, and you'll be pleasantly surprised that you too are consistently living in thought - mulling over something that happened yesterday, or further back, or thinking about what is happening tomorrow or next week. So you may not be shaking like a leaf with anxiety, but this tells a story of how we are so lost in thought''.

She looked at me as if she'd just seen a ghost as something clicked.

If we're as present as possible we operate from an intelligence that allows everything to unfold for us, IMO. So you get intuitive guidance and ideas, thoughts etc, that serve a purpose, but this happens when you're in alignment.

If I wasn't trying to be as present as possible and was operating from mind (ego), well, we all know that I would be thinking about past, future, what I should have done, what I didn't do, what is going to happen, what didn't happen and why - just a constant loop of being in a mind prison.

All just my opinion, but good topic to raise
Old 09-01-2018, 05:07 PM
Master
it tims yes it tims i let my hed rull me i do

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔