Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 04-09-2011, 05:06 PM
mike bike

Wink

At any religious ceremony I behave with respect to those who follow that religion....I'm not a practising Pagan,nor a Christian...but I love North West Wales...that area makes me feel a real awareness of Paganism....a sort of magic in the air.

I believe all living things are on the path to oneness with the divine....Anyone heard of "The evolution of souls?"...a truly magic teaching from the yogis.

Although I'm not a Christian (in the way the church practices it),I do think that some of the teachings of Jesus are beautiful..."The Sermon on the Mount" comes to mind...beautiful words spoken by a very advanced soul.

What I can't agree with in the Christian teachings is how they say that Jesus was the only son of God....utter drivel and rubbish...all he said when he was asked if he was the son of God was "Yes"...just as I could also answer "Yes"...I am the son of God as much as he was....we are all the children of God.

He NEVER said he was the only son of God....this is how the Christian church has distorted his sayings to make people become "God fearing"....God never wanted to be "feared"....just loved by his children....but God is within us all and we are all within him...I believe that the Universe ("Uni"....meaning "one" and "verse" meaning "song"...."One Song") is the body of God...and we are ALL part of the Universe.

And we are all evolving through many lives to become one with the divine.....so I respect all peoples relgious views...and show respect if I'm in their religious services....all living things are on the same path.

Blessings to all......Mike.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Knower
Sometimes i say the words along but most os the time i just listen and stay quiet as im young at the three funerals i've attened and the two weddings i've never spoken or contributed but i may when im older - though i defintaly think i wont have a christian wedding
Old 06-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Experiencer

I found this one first, so I'll comment here. My father was raised catholic, went to catholic school, etc. He does not even sing along. No worries.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Neville

I feel sure that devout Christians , in fact devout followers of any path are very contracted to their belief. Equanimity and respect is called for in my view.
Old 13-10-2011, 07:40 AM
Szalvias

I am pagan while most of my friends and family are christian of some sort.

I have read from quite a few resources that many of the trappings of catholic religious life have their origins in earlier european paganism. To me the Virgin Mary is simply the Virgin Goddess, and Christmas is one more solstice-timed celebration of the birth of the Sun-God.
That being said, I treat any christian ceremony I must attend in the same way I would treat a foreign pagan ceremony. I respect their beliefs and traditions, but at the same time... well, I just said I regard the Virgin Mary as the Virgin Goddess, right?

If you would like to sing their songs, I don't see how there would be any problem with that. Most christians encourage your participation even if you don't believe. Given the evangelical nature of that religion, it is probable they may take it as a sign of your willingness to convert or some such thing, but it is what it is. I know I would be honored if anyone wanted to join in on my own celebrations, regardless of religion. Participate as much as you want, or as little, and I doubt there will be any problems. I have often used a rosary, saying "Hail Mary's" with a friend who is a Catholic Priest.. he encourages it, knowing I am a pagan buddhist.

My only caveat would be concerning communion or the eucharist. Many christians, especially catholics and some lutherans, have issues with unbaptised or unbelieving people participating in the eucharist (the wine and crackers).
Old 11-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Elizastar

although I have a deep dislike for Chirstianity for some very deeply personal reasons. I still love any ancient spiritual ritual. I do even feel peace in their churches ~just don't tell me mother that ;)
Old 13-11-2011, 05:36 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sungirl
I don't want to be a hypocrite by saying prayers or singing hymns that I don't believe in, but I don't want to be seen as rude by not joining in.
When they sing hymns simply hum along.
When they pray just make up your own, or recite a mantra, silently of course.

In truth, nobody's watching you, or cares about what you do.
Old 13-11-2011, 06:42 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike bike
What I can't agree with in the Christian teachings is how they say that Jesus was the only son of God

I don't worry about what Christians believe like I used to. Being from a Christian culture, it's impossible to not have some Christian beliefs in us. They shape our culture and are embedded in who we are.

As far as the bible saying "God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, so whoever believes in Him will have eternal life. ... Those who don't believe are already condemned, because they have not believed in God's one and only Son." John 3:16,18

I don't worry about it. I don't believe the bible's teaching that Jesus is the savior of mankind, and that's ok. There are many different religions in the world, it's ok not believe in the one of your culture.

It may be frustrating to break away from it sometimes because it can be embedded in our beliefs, making people sometimes secretly fear hell, but just recognizing where the fear comes from pretty much dissolves it. The fear is from being raised in a Christian culture. People raised in a Muslim culture might also fear leaving the teachings of the prophet Muhammad for something else.