Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 04-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Time

genesis 9:3 ( ESV)

Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything
Old 04-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Master
make sure you read my last post on page 1 guys
Old 08-06-2011, 04:57 AM
Inesophet

Beasts are the (i guess seven) Unclean animals. Pork, Owl, Bat and some others i forgot.

Hitler didnt smoke, drink or ate meat. It doesnt matter what u eat.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:18 AM
Master
Mathew 15.10 After Jesus called the crowd to him, he said, "Listen and understand what I am saying. 11 It is not what people put into their mouths that makes them unclean. It is what comes out of their mouths that makes them unclean."
Old 08-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Master
thats better guys better than quoting the gospels of peace lol.

Christians live under Grace you can eat whatever you want. If you look into the old testament ( as some do) and bind yourself with old testament laws regarding it you might as well live under the law. Grace fees you from all that. As much as this pro vegetarian animal rights type person hates to admit it. THe NT says not to feel guilty about what you eat in relation to the law. If you want to its ok to eat meat.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Time

I agree LW, it doesnt really matter, is how much you respect the fact that it died so you can eat right?

Even if you want to follow the OT, the NT states that the old covanent is abolished, which IMO means the old laws in deuteronamy, and even the ten commandments ( which is part of the old covanent)

Once again, since were talkin the bible here, I bring back attention to the genesis quote i posted, which states it doesnt matter, according to god, its for us to enjoy ( i dont agree with the whole "humans are masters of everything" talk, but I agree about it doesnt matter what we eat)

As long as you are aware that what ever you eat died so you can eat, and respect the fact that it was once alive, then it shouldnt matter
Old 08-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
I agree LW, it doesnt really matter, is how much you respect the fact that it died so you can eat right?

Even if you want to follow the OT, the NT states that the old covanent is abolished, which IMO means the old laws in deuteronamy, and even the ten commandments ( which is part of the old covanent)

Once again, since were talkin the bible here, I bring back attention to the genesis quote i posted, which states it doesnt matter, according to god, its for us to enjoy ( i dont agree with the whole "humans are masters of everything" talk, but I agree about it doesnt matter what we eat)

As long as you are aware that what ever you eat died so you can eat, and respect the fact that it was once alive, then it shouldnt matter
Yeah mate good post and very right. I couldn't agree
More with you about it's wrong how we humans disrespect the things we share this world with with our superiority complex we have.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Time

Thats why sacrifices were practiced, and tribal rituals (dancing spirit quests etc), pow wows, and even a prayer before eating, all of which we generaly stopped doing.

Too many people dont even understand where there food comes from, and what is done to prepare the land/food, "out of sight out of mind" comes to my head. This is why i partake in the vean threads, most dont understand the damage plant farming (yes the same as animal farming), does to the planet, and dont understand what is done to the food so we can eat it. Its not the "carnivore/omnivore/vegan" argument, its how much damage is our food in general doing to the enviroment....
Old 12-06-2011, 02:36 AM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
thats better guys better than quoting the gospels of peace lol.

Christians live under Grace you can eat whatever you want. If you look into the old testament ( as some do) and bind yourself with old testament laws regarding it you might as well live under the law. Grace fees you from all that. As much as this pro vegetarian animal rights type person hates to admit it. THe NT says not to feel guilty about what you eat in relation to the law. If you want to its ok to eat meat.

On the other hand, if you believe that God created the world and he gave the seed bearing herbs of the field (and other plants ) to eat before sin came into the world, and He promises that on the new earth, the lion will lay down with the lamb and there will be no more death, than it would seem that in His ideal creation, veganism carries the day. So the choice to eat meat is a choice to live within the parameters of the sin blighted world instead of living as God originally intended.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:39 AM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inesophet
Beasts are the (i guess seven) Unclean animals. Pork, Owl, Bat and some others i forgot.

Hitler didnt smoke, drink or ate meat. It doesnt matter what u eat.

So Hitler didn't smoke, drink or eat meat....and this means....?