Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 04-04-2020, 10:07 PM
Experiencer

Worse than the virus

Once I commented about the neighbors who have a garden, and their trees were so tall that I couldn't dry my clothes anymore, because they would cast shadows over the clothesline the whole day.

That problem was solved, but they still have some trees next to the wall invading my space, only they don't bother too much at all.

I live alone and am very disciplined, this house is my temple, and all I need to do and worry about is to take care of it. They are an old couple, and there's also another elderly woman there, and they have offspring that are adults and visit them with their own families. When they do, they usually make barbecue which fill my house with smoke, and play music till late at night like 2-3 am.

These things never bothered me, and I never complain, never once did I complain with them about anything, except only when I asked if I could cut off a few branches of the tall trees that were casting shadows over the clothesline, it wasn't a complaint but a request.

If I had to define them, I'd say they are invasive neighbors, I've been living here longer than them and the family who lived in that house before them was adorable. These people even put a camera there to watch me if I would touch their trees. It is no longer there and I hope it is broken.

Now, of course, I get leaves falling in my yard constantly, and today a surprise, a papaya splattered in the corner of the yard! How curious, they have at least 3 papaya trees in their yard, but that one was far from the trees, it could only have landed there if it was thrown by someone.

Very well, so what do I do? I got my ladder next to their trees and cut off all the branches that are over my yard, and drop about 5 green papayas in their yard.

They don't even eat those fruits, they leave them there for the birds only. Never once this neighbor who once put his hand on my shoulder and called me 'friend' offered me a papaya or anything that he produces in his yard.

So when they noticed what I had done they were all outraged, saying that they will send pictures of it to their sons, and ironically thanking me for my actions, to which I ironically replied "You're welcome!"

The old man put his ladder on the wall to look into my house, when I went outside with my guitar and saw him. Then we argued with each other.

He said I'm always complaining about everything (lie), either the trees or the leafs, or whatever. That he likes my music while others complain about it. Sometimes I will sing and listen to music a bit loud, but never late at night. I said that I like their music too (his son also plays and sings), but it's strange that a person who calls himself a friend would throw fruits in the yard of their neighbor. He said I was worse than the virus because I'm always nagging about something. I told him I had washed the yard yesterday, and today it was dirty again because of the papaya that splattered on the ground.

Not being able to accuse him of throwing it, because he didn't admit it, I just said I cut the branches that were over my yard, which is my right to do according to the laws in my country, and that was it.

I sang a song out loud and played my guitar, and in the end stomped hard on the floor and yelled "I also live here, damned!", and slammed my door.

They all laughed.
My words of wisdom: Every civilization wishes to serve the Deity, but they can only do so to the extent of their wisdom and justice. & The greatest religious revelation is the correct interpretation of the things in the sky.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:16 PM
ant

Hey Ordnael,

Sorry,i only read so much but yeah,what you react to,is what you have to resolve.

The energy you put out in regards to grievances,flow onto your neighbors.

If you instead became unaffected by all this and simply enjoyed life unaffected,you'll find things will change around you.

Cheers
Old 05-04-2020, 12:03 AM
Experiencer

Yes, I understand what you're saying, and realize that I did release a negative energy there. Earlier in the morning they were singing merrily, I was fixing the wall in my corridor that has a water infiltration on it, that's probably when someone threw the papaya. I was listening to them and even enjoying it. That's also why I sang afterwards, to mark my territory.

I think sometimes one has to make a strong stand, and like a song that I like says 'hold up your head from the ground or they'll keep you on it'.
My words of wisdom: Every civilization wishes to serve the Deity, but they can only do so to the extent of their wisdom and justice. & The greatest religious revelation is the correct interpretation of the things in the sky.
Old 05-04-2020, 12:18 AM
ant

Yeah sometimes you just have to learn to grin and bare it.

Some people feed off other people who are easily offended and highly reactive.

Ask yourself truly why your being reactive?

Where does this stem from and originate?

If you turned the tune down and practiced not being offended by others actions,you'll find others around you will change.

A change in attitude moves mountains.
Old 05-04-2020, 12:27 AM
ant

Ps.So reading your post in full,it's all over a papaya that you have assumed a neighbor has thrown into your yard.

Just an assumption and so what if they did?

Why would this bother you?Where does being reactive come from?

Can't you see the funny side that your reacting to an assumption of neighbor dropping a papaya in your yard?

Did you put the papaya,in your fruit bowl?

There's always a silver lining.

Here's a book recommendation ie:

The Four Agreements By Don Miguel Ruiz.

Cheers and take care.

And Chill out,more to life.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:22 PM
Experiencer

Found the book. Thanks Elabr8Aspie, I appreciate your intention.

I only bursted in the end because they were cursing and dissing me while I sang, I couldn't tolerate that much disrespect anymore. But today is a new day and I strive to be peaceful always.
Old 07-04-2020, 08:59 AM
ant

No worries.

And i do commiserate,as i use to let people get to me.

But decided not to react to peoples projections,even if they are being disrespectful.

Take care.
Old 15-05-2020, 07:54 PM
Knower
Bunny

I hope you guys can work through your differences and achieve some form of peace agreement,