Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 19-12-2011, 01:58 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewow
Apple is best fruit and has lot of benefits.

I eat one, (organic) every morning for breakfast. :^)
They are also a wonderful addition to a smoothy! Half an apple (seeds and all) a couple of grapes
and a few of the small carrots, blended with ice and instant yummy...!
Old 20-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Park1

An apple a day is perhaps one of the most delicious prescriptions ever made. Apples are a powerful source of antioxidants, including polyphenols, flavonoids, and vitamin C, as well as good source of fiber, and potassium. There are only 47 calories in an average sized apple. The secret behind the super antioxidant capacity of the apple is its skin. The apple skin alone provides two to six times the antioxidant activity of the apple flesh alone. So it is important to eat the skin to obtain the full health benefits of apples.

There are many different varieties of apples, and each of these varieties has their own unique skin color. Along with these differences in skin color come differences in the chemical make up of the skin itself, as the phytonutrient content varies in concentration and types of polyphenols present. For instance, in the United States, Fuji apples have the highest total phenilic and total flavonoid content of any apple. Because of this, it is important to eat a wide variety of apples to ensure that a balance of all of these antioxidant agents is maintained.

Along with being a supercharged source of antioxidants, apples are also high in fiber content. One large apple has 5.7 grams of fiber, which is 30 percent of the minimum amount of daily fiber intake, as listed by the daily values (DV). Diets that are high in fiber have been highly correlated with a reduction in risk of developing heart disease. Thus eating an apple a day provides a delicious snack for both you and your heart. Aside from its link to heart health, the apple, with its supercharged antioxidant content, has also been linked to the prevention of lung cancer, improved pulmonary (lung) function, and the prevention of type II diabetes. So eat an apple a day, and it just may keep the doctor away.
Old 20-12-2011, 03:07 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park1
An apple a day is perhaps one of the most delicious prescriptions ever made.

Wow! Thanks for the info Park1! I was captured by the apple on taste alone but the details are sure nice to have! Organic of course... we gotta
go organic with apples! We see the film clips all the time of trucks/guys with spraying equipment dousing the commercial versions with all sorts of creepies.
And then the habit of waxing for the sake of longevity. And the soils that the organics are grown in are far superior (due to proper management) than
the commercial versions that rely mostly on manufactured fertilizers.

The way things are grown anymore it's essentially necessary to run toward organic as a means of providing something of a firewall against the onslaught
of current (and developing) commercial habits!
Old 20-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Master
I have to say, I've started shopping at a popular health food store near me last week...yesterday I bought a bag of organic d'anjou pears. Even the texture seems different or maybe it's just me, Idk. I'm looking forward to shifting to organic stuff from now on.

Old 21-12-2011, 02:31 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I have to say, I've started shopping at a popular health food store near me last week...yesterday I bought a bag of organic d'anjou pears. Even the texture seems different or maybe it's just me, Idk. I'm looking forward to shifting to organic stuff from now on.

There's something about "knowing" that our produce is clean that makes the experience of eating feel so much safer and more complete! It took us
the better part of a year to shift to totally organic... but the deeper we got into perfecting a clean diet we finally realized there's really no choice... :^)
Old 23-12-2011, 06:41 AM
Park1

Benifits
1.Apple cleans teeth and strengthens gum

2. Will make the cholesterol level lower .

3. Detoxify the body and has an antiviral property

4. Apple will also prevent constipation because it helps digestion

5. One large apple supplies almost 30% of minimum amount of fiber that should be consumed daily
The use :

1. For people who suffer from gout and rheumatism, eat apple regularly because it will aid healing

2. Eating 2 apples a day will reduce your cholesterol level up to 10 %

3. Drinking an apple juice, 3 times a day, is said to prevent virus from settling in the body.

4. Another benefit of apple is for those who have problem with their stomach. If you have problem with indigestion, eat apples before meals.

5. Grated apple, when mixed with live yogurt may be helpful in cases of diarrhea
Old 23-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Master
I have one pear left of the organic ones I bought, they've been consistently juicy and the texture is perfect! So, I'm getting sold on organic very quickly with just this one bag of pears.

Old 24-12-2011, 12:21 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I have one pear left of the organic ones I bought, they've been consistently juicy and the texture is perfect! So, I'm getting sold on organic very quickly with just this one bag of pears.

Thanks for the info Park1!

And welcome to our addiction Silvergirl! Folks tend to complain about the expense of organic but it's one of those pay now or pay later affairs! And since
we converted to organic whole foods we're actually saving money in a variety of ways. We no longer by the kinds of overly processed snack foods
like we used to, we don't go to Dairy Queen for a high priced processed "treat", there is a long string of stuff we don't buy anymore that was provably unkind
to our health!
..and not to mention our overall lack of feeling hungry all the time...! We don't tend to eat like we did... eat whole, the bodies satisfied, we're not back at
the troth in a few hours for more.

Win-win! :^)
Old 23-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Dougles

Hi Joe,
Apples are great of health and it is wisely said an apple a day can keep the doctor away. Like to share some more benefits of apples here.
Apples reduce the tooth decay by lowering the levels of bacteria in mouth and prevent from certain types of cancer, parkinson, gallstones, diarrhea and constipation. Apples boost your immune system results in weight loss. Apples stabilize cholesterol level and makes your heart healthier.
Old 23-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Master
I love alcoholic apple cider, yum yum.