Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 29-06-2014, 04:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
This is typical human nature. One thing on its own is not enough to result in a certain outcome, so therefore that one thing is dismissed entirely, rather than it being acknowledged that the outcome could have been the result of many cumulative factors.

I have no doubt it was cumulative.

Quote:
Of course WW2 was not won because some people danced round a fire. Of course it was not won because some people exerted every ounce of energy they could muster to try to have some small influence on the minds of the enemy. To suggest it was would be both absurd, and insulting to the many thousands of men and women who fought extremely hard on every front.

I only said it wasn't won by a coven in new forest.

Quote:
At no point did I suggest that some witches won the war. You may want to actually read what I said rather than paraphrasing and manipulating it to suit your own argument, which again is another typical human trait. Then you would see that I observed that there is a possible coincidence between this alleged event, and hitler's unexplained hesitation which gave us a slight advantage against a militarily superior force.

I doubt it had any effect other than kill a couple of old codgers.

Quote:
But I duck out of this now. Rewinding back to the original topic of this thread, I maintain that exerting energy for magic does take its toll. Clearly my view is not the same as many here, who seem to believe that there is no price for such things. So we have a difference of opinion, that's fine. Either or both could be right or wrong.

It's always good to dispel a fallacy, and considering the huge number of people praying (and other means of wishful intention), we could consider the coven in New Forest to be minimally effective while causing deaths due to neglect of duty of care. That is quite a toll.

Of course everything people do has a consequence, or takes a toll.
Old 29-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

I doubt it had any effect other than kill a couple of old codgers.

It's always good to dispel a fallacy, and considering the huge number of people praying (and other means of wishful intention), we could consider the coven in New Forest to be minimally effective while causing deaths due to neglect of duty of care. That is quite a toll.

Of course everything people do has a consequence, or takes a toll.

I think that's very insulting

I don't want to take this thread any further off-topic but it's been suggested that the oldest member of that coven (I believe that other covens in the area had joined in to help) offered themselves as a voluntary human sacrifice by purposefully leaving off their "flying ointment" that kept their bodies warm to offer themselves as a voluntary human sacrifice knowing they'd more than likely die of exposure.

There are as many people who believe this as there are who don't. Some say that Gardner based this story on the ceremony done in the Ashdown Forest in East Sussex by a group of occultists working for MI5. Both the British and the Germans were quite deeply into the occult.

A couple of centuries earlier rites were also worked to turn back the Spanish armada
Old 29-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777

We we give away some of our energy, for any spell (and personally I don't like the term 'spell', but I guess that's what it is), we effectively give away some of our life force.

A few years ago, my step father was diagnosed with a very serious, life threatening illness. The doctors said there was stuff they could try, but it was all dependent on him being strong enough to endure the very harsh treatments. I didn't think he was (but of course would not tell my wife, his daughter that). So over the course of several days, I would spend a couple of hours per evening meditating, and casting my energy towards him. Somehow I knew it wasn't enough but I gave as much as I dared spare. I knew I was taking a risk myself, because if he died, the energy I gave away would be lost to me. Unfortunately he did die. That was a few years ago now. Prior to that, I was always in good health and physically fit. My health and fitness dropped drastically around that time, and despite my efforts, I'm still not back to where I ought to be.

There is a good reason why most people don't try to do magic all the time, and this is it. It takes energy out of you, and the more powerful the magic, and the more frequent the attempt, the more energy is lost. You can get it back, but it takes time and rest and sometimes a nice dose of positive energy input from those around us.

My condolences about your stepfather, Badger, how very kind of you to try to help him.

There is really no need to give away so much of one's own energy, though. There is a method of "charging" oneself by a certain breathing method and visualizing energy from the Universe filling you and so working a 'regular' type of spell should not take too much personal energy at all. However, being involved in rites like the Lammas Rites in 1940 (I think it was '40) then, yes, IMHO it will take a lot out of you.
Old 29-06-2014, 06:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
My condolences about your stepfather, Badger, how very kind of you to try to help him.

There is really no need to give away so much of one's own energy, though. There is a method of "charging" oneself by a certain breathing method and visualizing energy from the Universe filling you and so working a 'regular' type of spell should not take too much personal energy at all. However, being involved in rites like the Lammas Rites in 1940 (I think it was '40) then, yes, IMHO it will take a lot out of you.

That's interesting. The first spell I ever cast left me so drained, I felt like I had a fever. I ate something and went to bed. I was exhausted. I wasn't used to using so much of my energy. It also has to do with grounding yourself before. I'm more grounded now, so casting spells doesn't take so much out of me.
Old 29-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow

Thank you. I should have known that, as my first ever escapades into meditation and magic (although we didn't call it magic) were under guidance from a very wise man, who taught us first to summon energy from outside, into ourselves. I'd forgotten that. I am so glad and grateful that you reminded me of this. I will try to practice the technique, to see if I can get some of my strength back, as I currently feel about 30 years older than I actually am in terms of health and fitness, as has been the case since since I attempted to help my father in law. (and yes, I've just realised, I think I said step father earlier, I meant father in law. My stepfather also died of a horrible ailment, and I felt guilty as he was dying that I didn't feel I had any spare energy to direct his way, so I made no similar attempts for him).
Old 29-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Ascender
No one is saying that witches won the war. What we're saying is that they may or may not have nudged the Universe into action by planting a seed of doubt in the mind of Hitler or whoever it was.
Old 29-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Master

Glad I helped in some small way, Badger. Hope it helps you to regain your energy
Old 29-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Pathfinder

how did this get from karma and spells to Hitler and war.....
Old 29-06-2014, 08:07 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreconfusion
how did this get from karma and spells to Hitler and war.....

Read the thread and see.
Old 29-06-2014, 09:30 PM
Master

Seems that we do that quite a bit around here, lol..........makes life more interesting, don't ya think