Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 16-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Suspended
That was a lovely read Loopy - it was like going on a little journey with you. Thank you for sharing.
Old 17-10-2013, 07:34 AM
Master
Squatchit, Thankyou hun probs the 1st time I ever really shared that, was weird to want to but felt right as I don't say it as a victim, I say it from the place of loving acceptance and weirdly thanks, without all that, I cant be me huh lol ;)
Thanks for listening , I didn't mean it to be heavy going so im glad it doesn't come across that way.
Kind blessings to you Squatchit :) x
Loopy xx

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 17-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Master
That's quite an intense story, LL . In a way I feel like I'm missing out because I don't meditate much , and don't experience much when I do (except lots and lots of internal celestial sounds) . I didn't work at it when I was heavy into drugs and booze, and in the 23 years I've been off the chemicals, I haven't felt like I needed to work at it , because I've gotten so much from my dream visions. I'll take expanded awareness and higher-dimensional energy however it comes though , and since I went to rehab in 1988 I've had a real connection inside that wasn't these before.

I did go through a pretty intense 3-4 days of delerium tremens waking nightmares when I quit drinking , and I know that this was part of opening me up for what was to come. These were where the REM/Dream state intrudes into waking life , because in severe alcoholism, the brain is deprived of REM sleep. The brain will get it's REM one way or the other though, and so I got a few days of apocalyptic , paranoid, mondo-bizzaro dreams , while I was awake , and detoxifying from alcohol and drugs. Running around the city streets ....

One dream/vision that I consider key was when I saw a young boy in ceremonial garb in the doctor's lobby ; there was a narrative that was a chanting of a long, ritualized something or other ...anyway, in retrospect, it was symbolic of my death and rebirth, and once I came out of the detox, and 5 weeks of rehab, I was a different person. That's when I started having the energy/lucid dreams and one key meditation/dream. I fell alseep while meditation , but woke up after I had shot up out of my body and dissolved, completely absorbed into ... non-me . I didn't exist as a dictreet , separate entity at that point. I woke up and thought "oh, that must be what dying will be like ". Who knows though ?

Anyway, the energy dreams and lucid dreams have been full of a variety of transcendent experiences . Things I've heard people describe , plus some thinsg I've never heard anyone talk about; things I have no way of describing . Things that show me there are layers of being so rich and beautiful we would melt in ecstasy if we saw them, which is what happens to me when I get to catch a glimpse now and then . Astral is a jumping-up plane , I guess , like a layover between normal awareness and hyper-reality .
I say 'energy' dreams because it's easy to say , and maybe some of what I can describe resonates, but there is so much more . Things I don't have the right words for , and my dream notes would just sound silly or weird or not convey the wonder . Someday, maybe .

I understand the meditative approach, the silence, the calm ; I just don't do it all that much , or all that well, and now I understand that sometimes , heightened states just come in , whether I'm trying or not , and if they want to come in dreams , then so be it . The ones I've had really have transformed my ideas about this whole existence thing
It's been an adjustment, moving away from valuing meditation as
MY most significant means of experiencing a greater awareness .
I'll take it wherever it comes from !
Old 17-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Our thinking mind is suspended in two ways, certain levels of dreaming and through certain levels of meditation. If we are aware of the energy we can have a pretty amazing experience once 'thinking mind' is stopped. In other words Spirit can't rise up and show us and teach us until we stop the relentless thinking of our hyper monkey minds. For this reason people first expereince multi-demensionally through lucid dreaming and astro-projecting, but by developing No Mind states of meditation we can consciously project also and have the same type of experiences.

It's all about controlling the thinking mind so that we can become Aware. The thinking mind is like a hyper child and it's hard to pay attention to the larger reality when it has us fully engaged with it's relentless thinking about everything.

The thing that sticks out in these dreams is that thinking. When I can derail or cut it off, things go HYPER . If it's "yap yap yap" then I muck around or stop flying or wander oiff and do normal things . Turn down the rain, and crank the amp to 'Eleven'
Old 17-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Master
Awww daz those celestial sounds are beautiful background offder to the experience tho huh :) And i get where your coming from with the meditation, i got to be honest.. i dont meditate atall! Neither do i ground or shield or pretty much go to any ritual before doing anything deemed spiritual, readings, writings, dreams, connecting with loved ones, astral travel! It just happens and i go with it, i dont do those things anymore because i figure i am already all those things, like if i am in chance im a meditation or what one would deem as one, to me its just me chilling now! But yeh i agree wholeheartedly, once we open up to the myriad of potential avenues of experiencce out there, almost within that weve already agreed we want it and are prepared, and then instead of trying so much, its about waiting for it to present, to be present when it does :)

*Anyway, the energy dreams and lucid dreams have been full of a variety of transcendent experiences . Things I've heard people describe , plus some thinsg I've never heard anyone talk about; things I have no way of describing . Things that show me there are layers of being so rich and beautiful we would melt in ecstasy if we saw them, which is what happens to me when I get to catch a glimpse now and then . Astral is a jumping-up plane , I guess , like a layover between normal awareness and hyper-reality .
I say 'energy' dreams because it's easy to say , and maybe some of what I can describe resonates, but there is so much more . Things I don't have the right words for , and my dream notes would just sound silly or weird or not convey the wonder . Someday, maybe .*

Well i really hope one day you try, the way you explain things despite how you may see it, is enough to create a scenario to go along with it in my mind anyway, i think you explain far better than you realise.

Dont know about you but i also find that it really is true that alot of these experiences come when we hit rock bottom, then we can use them to climb back up again.

One dream/vision that I consider key was when I saw a young boy in ceremonial garb in the doctor's lobby ; there was a narrative that was a chanting of a long, ritualized something or other ...anyway, in retrospect, it was symbolic of my death and rebirth, and once I came out of the detox, and 5 weeks of rehab, I was a different person. That's when I started having the energy/lucid dreams and one key meditation/dream. I fell alseep while meditation , but woke up after I had shot up out of my body and dissolved, completely absorbed into ... non-me . I didn't exist as a dictreet , separate entity at that point. I woke up and thought "oh, that must be what dying will be like ". Who knows though ?*

This is beautiful, a) that you made it through, so many dont and also the dreams its opened up for you, thanks for sharing back something personal dar, i was a bit warey of my prior post as i didnt want it to make anyone feel awkward! It was just reading yours reminded me and i couldnt help but share .

Just makes me smile how things connect, happy travels Dar hope to hear more about them soon :)
Kind blessings Loopy :)

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 17-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Master
To all, including this self

In the context of a life and a spiritual path, within the evolutiuon of this experience of 'me', these dreams are huge , and it's quite clear why . For a long time spirituality was about reading and hearing about what others were doing, and trying to get similar experiences, starting way back in the 70's with chemicals and gurus. I always had ideas about what I should be getting , and never really getting those things the way I thought I should, so there was a lack, a feeling of underachievement.

These powerful, transcendent, transformative dream experiences dropped in from wherever they drop -higher levels and aspects of my being , other dimensions or higher energy planes, heavenly realms , subconscious, superconscious, or however anyone wants to categorize them- and continue to show me ....what really is , not some imagined thing, because I'd never have imagined what's in these dreams. It's like , "forget about trying to do this or that, forget about fitting youself into ideals, or studying what other people have experienced" . "Don't worry about what to call it, or even how to think about it ; don't try and figure out ' what it means' .... just THIS IS IT !! " . In my face , no monkey business, no complicated struggle with self , just " here you go, strap youself in, hold on tight, and pay attention ; that's it, this is what it's like , any questions ? ...didn't think so "

After that, all the talking and wrangling and wondering don't amount to much .I mean, yeah, it's about a path and a process and living a life as connected as I can , and 'all that ' . There's also the whole everything/nothing ultimate state , and I went there too , so at some level that's reality , or at the ultimate level. Okay, okay, there's the beyond being and non-being thing too, and I get that , but that's winding back towards philosophical , and not the point of what I'm going on about here.

What the dreams give me is concrete experience instead of ideas ; unimaginable energy instead of thinking about something unimaginable;

the actual ride instead of the brochure . That's it

almost it...
just want to add that I respect and admire anyone who does anything remotely resembling this in meditation, and I know a lot of people do . Not everyone operates the same , and I generally don't slow down enough to go this far (or anywhere near 'here' ) unless it's in one of these dreams. I'm just extremely grateful I get what I get, however I get it .
Old 17-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylucid
Awww daz those celestial sounds are beautiful background offder to the experience tho huh :) And i get where your coming from with the meditation, i got to be honest.. i dont meditate atall! Neither do i ground or shield or pretty much go to any ritual before doing anything deemed spiritual, readings, writings, dreams, connecting with loved ones, astral travel! It just happens and i go with it, i dont do those things anymore because i figure i am already all those things, like if i am in chance im a meditation or what one would deem as one, to me its just me chilling now! But yeh i agree wholeheartedly, once we open up to the myriad of potential avenues of experiencce out there, almost within that weve already agreed we want it and are prepared, and then instead of trying so much, its about waiting for it to present, to be present when it does :)

*Anyway, the energy dreams and lucid dreams have been full of a variety of transcendent experiences . Things I've heard people describe , plus some thinsg I've never heard anyone talk about; things I have no way of describing . Things that show me there are layers of being so rich and beautiful we would melt in ecstasy if we saw them, which is what happens to me when I get to catch a glimpse now and then . Astral is a jumping-up plane , I guess , like a layover between normal awareness and hyper-reality .
I say 'energy' dreams because it's easy to say , and maybe some of what I can describe resonates, but there is so much more . Things I don't have the right words for , and my dream notes would just sound silly or weird or not convey the wonder . Someday, maybe .*

Well i really hope one day you try, the way you explain things despite how you may see it, is enough to create a scenario to go along with it in my mind anyway, i think you explain far better than you realise.

Dont know about you but i also find that it really is true that alot of these experiences come when we hit rock bottom, then we can use them to climb back up again.

One dream/vision that I consider key was when I saw a young boy in ceremonial garb in the doctor's lobby ; there was a narrative that was a chanting of a long, ritualized something or other ...anyway, in retrospect, it was symbolic of my death and rebirth, and once I came out of the detox, and 5 weeks of rehab, I was a different person. That's when I started having the energy/lucid dreams and one key meditation/dream. I fell alseep while meditation , but woke up after I had shot up out of my body and dissolved, completely absorbed into ... non-me . I didn't exist as a discreet , separate entity at that point. I woke up and thought "oh, that must be what dying will be like ". Who knows though ?*

This is beautiful, a) that you made it through, so many dont and also the dreams its opened up for you, thanks for sharing back something personal dar, i was a bit warey of my prior post as i didnt want it to make anyone feel awkward! It was just reading yours reminded me and i couldnt help but share .

Just makes me smile how things connect, happy travels Dar hope to hear more about them soon :)
Kind blessings Loopy :)

Same to you, LL. I think it's great that you could open up so far and relate some of your most intense things . I know that isn't easy for everyone ; it takes courage to even revisit some of them, and even more to bring them out and deal with them. Having gone through addiction and alcoholic hell, and then recovery, I know for real how messy life can be . After reading your bit, I couldn't help but think of some of the scary places I've been .

The breakdown and obliteration of my old life and self that happened at the end of my addiction was so important in getting me where I am . It had to happen , just like I'm sure you had to go through what you did in order to move to better places. I always like hearing about how other people made it out of the messy stuff ; it always makes me think of what I did, and reminds me how much better things are now