Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 10-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Master
Cruzer Flash Drive - showing your age there, Nev I use SD cards
Old 10-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
In my opinion, all Craft workings boil down to a three word mantra - Intent-Focus-Will - and, of course, The Quiet Mind.

When it comes to deities, it does amuse me that wiccans do a pik-n-mix of every pantheon known. Craft workers, in general these days, seem to be Ultra-Greens and their deity is characterised as Gaia.
But, at the end of the day, we all follow our own paths.

Yes, Intent/Focus/Will and the Quiet Mind - nothing or not much can be accomplished without these things

I suppose different groups of Wiccans and Solitaries are drawn to many different pantheons and some of them even mix pantheons in a ritual they might be doing, not sure I agree with that.

When you say "Craft workers" are you meaning practitioners of Traditional Witchcraft, Norseman? Or are you meaning practitioners who only do magic and spell work and don't follow the religious side of things.

Many of the Traditional Witches of Cornwall have Bucca as their deity, I know and that is quite an old path.

Jenny Crow
Old 11-07-2013, 07:43 AM
Master
Jenny, I mean Craft in the ancient way. Villages had several crafts - butcher, baker, candle stick maker, etc and WiseMan/Woman - all essential crafts for the life and health of the community. The Wise or Cunning Folk were embedded in rural life and also took care of the spiritual life of the community.
So to your question, Jenny. I mean anyone who seeks to influence events, people, the environment, etc by the manipulation of natural Earth energies. [I really don't like the description "magic" or even "witch" ]. British Traditional Witchcraft certainly fits in there. I think my point was that there is no general religion of Craft workers although most do seem to revere Mother Earth - I certainly do.
Bucca - now there is a link back into the original tribes of Britain - pre-Celtic by a long way and to be valued for that. In my patch, we revere Brigantia, a pan-Celtic goddess found all over the Celtic world.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:22 AM
Master

OK I see now - thanks, Norseman. Yes, I love Brigantia too, she's an awesome deity.

Jenny Crow
Old 12-07-2013, 05:26 AM
Mazulu

Sell your spell book on Ebay for a lot of money. I'm sure you could get a couple of grand for it.
Old 13-07-2013, 03:44 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazulu
Sell your spell book on Ebay for a lot of money. I'm sure you could get a couple of grand for it.

Now why would you say that

Jenny Crow
Old 13-07-2013, 07:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow

Jenny Crow

Puzzled me, too Jenny.
Old 13-07-2013, 09:47 AM
Mazulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow

Jenny Crow

Yeah, uh, my gut feeling was telling me that I shouldn't have even said that.
Old 13-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Master

I nearly bought a note book today. I nearly bought a paper copy of something that would serve this very purpose.

Being the ditherer I am, I dithered.

Do I have a pink one, a black and white one, a spotty one, one made out of plastic or what.

And reading on the above, I feel what I need is an A5 ringbinder.

For some reason I really care about these things.

I'm also having a nice time wondering what to write in it.

I prefer the written to the typed - the art of handwriting is something I'm losing.
Old 13-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Neville

Quote:
the art of handwriting is something I'm losing.

In this day and age I think it could be going the way of the Dodo sadly. However it is the articulation and expression that for me carries the depth.

Ink on Vellum is passed, Ink on Paper, slipping away, but be of good cheer for the trees that are hopefully going to be saved as the word of mouth finds it's form on electronic paperless media.