Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-07-2018, 06:49 PM
Master
Understanding Christ/Yahweh with the mind.

This may come either as a surprise or as stating the obvious. I'm starting to understand that Christ and Yahweh cannot be comprehended by the mind either.

Both the Old and New Testaments are simply guidelines for people. They are full of stories, parables, wisdom, laws etc. They IMPLY there is a God. But that God cannot be understood by the mind.

The mind cannot really comprehend that Christ is the Son of God or that Yahweh is our Father. One either accepts it or one doesn't. Faith and belief in God is not of the mind. It goes deeper.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
This may come either as a surprise or as stating the obvious. I'm starting to understand that Christ and Yahweh cannot be comprehended by the mind either.

Both the Old and New Testaments are simply guidelines for people. They are full of stories, parables, wisdom, laws etc. They IMPLY there is a God. But that God cannot be understood by the mind.

The mind cannot really comprehend that Christ is the Son of God or that Yahweh is our Father. One either accepts it or one doesn't. Faith and belief in God is not of the mind. It goes deeper.

' Faith and belief in God is not of the mind. It goes deeper.[/quote] '

Goes deeper to where?
Old 10-07-2018, 08:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Goes deeper to where?

Soul, spirit....

Old 11-07-2018, 05:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Soul, spirit....

But the idea you have a soul/spirit comes from the mind
Old 11-07-2018, 06:55 AM
Master
Quote:
But the idea you have a soul/spirit comes from the mind

The idea of everything comes from the mind - it does not mean it does not actually exist.

The concept of I AM is just an idea too.

You seem to sorely underestimate the mind's ability to understand anything. The mind is a means of perceiving reality. The mind perceives the soul. The mind perceives I AM.

Why do you *believe* the mind is so useless?

Old 11-07-2018, 07:22 AM
Newbie ;)

I don't think this is the idea of Roman Christianity... If you want to do such think, you are most probably not a "true believer"...

For non "true believers", that want to think, I would recommend Gnostic Christianity which comes in Europe through Bogomils and Cathars. IMO, they thought about Christ and Yahweh, but not in the way the Roman Church wanted, so they had to die...
Old 11-07-2018, 07:46 AM
Master
Quote:
The idea of everything comes from the mind - it does not mean it does not actually exist.

The concept of I AM is just an idea too.

You seem to sorely underestimate the mind's ability to understand anything. The mind is a means of perceiving reality. The mind perceives the soul. The mind perceives I AM.

Why do you *believe* the mind is so useless?

You said....
Faith and belief in God is not of the mind. It goes deeper.[/quote] '

I asked.....
Goes deeper where ?

You answered....
The idea of everything comes from the mind.

You are contradicting yourself

Of course everything comes from the mind as I said.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:44 PM
Ascender
Quote:

Jehovah God and Jesus made humans with the ability to comprehend or understand. we are intelligently made by the Creator/s ,(Psalm 139:14 King David said of Jehovah: I shall laud you because in a fear-inspiring way I am wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, as my soul is very well aware). we can understand exactly what they want us to understand if we want accurate knowledge and understanding ,(Mark 7:14 When He had called all the multitude to Himself, He said to them, “Hear Me, everyone, and understand). and (Luke 24:45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures).

I do agree, it is much deeper, you have to have them in the depts. of your heart first. as we get to know them, and they do want us to taken in knowledge of them. Jesus says this means our lives ,(John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent). they gave humans a brain for a reason, it's the mind that takes in knowledge. humans can understand who Jesus really is and that he DOES have a Father and who he really is. MANY just refuse to acknowledge the fact that Jesus is NOT Jehovah God or Yahweh. even though Jesus clearly tells us, that we must get the know the "ONLY TRUE GOD" plus himself. peace
Old 11-07-2018, 03:40 PM
Master
Quote:
You said....
Faith and belief in God is not of the mind. It goes deeper.
I asked.....
Goes deeper where ?

You answered....
The idea of everything comes from the mind.

You are contradicting yourself

Of course everything comes from the mind as I said.

Look sky123 I am not playing games or trying to prove myself right.

I'm not contradicting myself as you said.

I said the *idea* of everything comes from the mind. Not the thing itself; just the idea of it. Faith and belief go deep into ones heart and soul. Experience of Christ/Yahweh goes deeper than the mind too.

Go ahead and play games with us here in the Christian sub-section. I guess it gratifies you somehow.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Look sky123 I am not playing games or trying to prove myself right.

I'm not contradicting myself as you said.

I said the *idea* of everything comes from the mind. Not the thing itself; just the idea of it. Faith and belief go deep into ones heart and soul. Experience of Christ/Yahweh goes deeper than the mind too.

Go ahead and play games with us here in the Christian sub-section. I guess it gratifies you somehow.

I have no intention of playing games, that idea comes from your mind only.
Every idea comes from our minds, there's no other place it can come from, 99% of our ideas actually come from outside influences such as your religion/culture/upbringing which is engraved in our minds, so the ' thing ' which you speak about also comes from the mind. Once you realize you are not your mind, your thoughts are not you then your free.....