Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 26-02-2018, 05:18 PM
Gracey

Maca root

Anyone ever take maca root and if so, what has been your experience with it.

My weight loss doctor has given me this and he says it will gain muscle. I do think it is preventing me from losing fat though.
Old 26-02-2018, 08:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
Anyone ever take maca root and if so, what has been your experience with it.

My weight loss doctor has given me this and he says it will gain muscle. I do think it is preventing me from losing fat though.

Maca along with Tribulus terrestris and some others like soap-berry belong to the genus Sapindaceae.

These are plants that contain a range of naturally occurring chemicals called Triterpenoid saponins.....in the nutritional world simply called saponins.

Saponins are known to act on the pituitary gland causing it release various messenger type hormones. For instance adrenocorticotropic hormone which signals the adrenal glands to release cortisol and growth hormone which regulates growth and body composition.

Saponins also can signel release of testosterone by stemulating the realse of lutinizing hormone which signels both a mans testes and a womans overies to produce higher levels of testosterone.
Many men and woman report noticeably increased libido after consuming Maca root or Tribulus terrestris for 2 or 3 days

From a stand point of muscle to fat ratio...increased testosterone levels tends to lower fat stores and promote muscle mass.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 26-02-2018, 09:27 PM
Gracey

Well, that explains all the sexy dreams I have been having.

I have only been taking it for one month. I do have more energy. I have read so many sites on this maca root. Some women take it to get bigger boobs and butts. Some take it to lose weight, some say they gain.

What you describe is technical and it makes sense. I was gonna stop it, but will try it out for another month and see what happens.
Old 26-02-2018, 11:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Well, that explains all the sexy dreams I have been having.

I have only been taking it for one month. I do have more energy. I have read so many sites on this maca root. Some women take it to get bigger boobs and butts. Some take it to lose weight, some say they gain.

What you describe is technical and it makes sense. I was gonna stop it, but will try it out for another month and see what happens.

One of the problems with these saponin containing plants is that after a couple of weeks the body kinda figures out that its being spoofed....builds a resistance to the external stimuli...and they stop working or at least stop working as well be a tolerance builds up....the answer to this is to cycle its use....two weeks on ....two weeks off.

Sorry about the techinicalness of what I wrote...I have a master degree in organic chemistry and used to writing tech papers... and it just kinda comes out

Old 27-02-2018, 12:35 AM
Master
I have been using Maca along with shilajit for 2 years now. In February of 2016 I weighed 441.8 lbs. I now weigh 302 lbs.
Old 27-02-2018, 01:14 PM
Gracey

First of all, congratulations on your weight loss thus far.

Second, did you change your diet at all or is the weight loss credited to the maca root and shilajit?
Old 27-02-2018, 03:21 PM
Master
no
but
i
did
losss
wate
not
tryin
i
hav

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 27-02-2018, 08:39 PM
Master
Quote:
First of all, congratulations on your weight loss thus far.

Second, did you change your diet at all or is the weight loss credited to the maca root and shilajit?

At first no, but, I hit a plateau after the around 65 pound loss. Started back into the gym, eliminated beef, pork, processed foods and cut down on pasta. By august of last year I have moved to a mostly vegetarain diet with only cheese, butter, honey, eggs and seafood as non veges.

I orignally used the maca and shilajit as part of a program to boost my immune system as I have lived with being HIV+ for 25 years now.
I was shocked when the weight started to drop off so easily.
Old 28-02-2018, 11:39 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalli
At first no, but, I hit a plateau after the around 65 pound loss. Started back into the gym, eliminated beef, pork, processed foods and cut down on pasta. By august of last year I have moved to a mostly vegetarain diet with only cheese, butter, honey, eggs and seafood as non veges.

I orignally used the maca and shilajit as part of a program to boost my immune system as I have lived with being HIV+ for 25 years now.
I was shocked when the weight started to drop off so easily.

That is awesome that you are continuing to lose weight and eating healthy.

I stopped taking the maca root for the past two days and I feel better with out it. When I was taking it, I noticed that I only had energy after I took it, then my energy wore off and I was very tired. My muscles were also tired too, which I have never experienced that before. Today I went to the gym and my muscles didn't grow tired. I am gonna have to talk to my diet doctor about this and see whats up.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:54 AM
Master
Quote:
That is awesome that you are continuing to lose weight and eating healthy.

I stopped taking the maca root for the past two days and I feel better with out it. When I was taking it, I noticed that I only had energy after I took it, then my energy wore off and I was very tired. My muscles were also tired too, which I have never experienced that before. Today I went to the gym and my muscles didn't grow tired. I am gonna have to talk to my diet doctor about this and see whats up.

Gracey.....one of the problems with useing plants containing saponins is that often after a couple of weeks the body starts recognizeing it as an outside influence so to speak.....it realises that its being spoofed info producing more hormones and builds a resistance to it and it stops working as well....or at all.

My answer has always been to cycle its use.....2 weeks on...a week or so off......to keep the results coming.