Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 03-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Medium_Laura

As a Pagan, we do use a board but we are taught how to use it properly. It's part of our culture as Pagans. While I don't agree that they should be sold as toys or used as a game, there are ways to use them properly. Just as Mattie and I have explained about vetting the negative energies, we are taught ways to know if this is our relative or just a trickster, how to properly protect and close the connection. Circles are cast, quarters and elements are called. It's a rite in itself, done on Samhain (Halloween) to bridge the gap to the Other Side.

Unless you know what you are doing though, a board can bring more trouble than connections. I never take it out and "play" to show my friends what it can do. It is not like just popping out a Tarot deck or swinging a pendulum, boards are serious and can bring even more serious issues with it.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Docha

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
were you aware that you can play it without saying one word? honestly, they can hear what you think of, (which if you pay attention to your thoughts, this is how they get the answers) and tell you that answer. tried and tested this method many times, ask a question (if you're playing it) and think of the wrong answer.......it will give you the thought you are thinking. that is until they figure out that you aren't playing fair either and then they'll quit playing with you and leave.

Lol I basically said the same thing, just a tad different perspective. From my understanding the entities didn't exist at all. There was no 'spirit' of any kind reading my mind..I was the spirit. I tried to tell my friends about the coolness of bringing the subconcious to light...

They refused to hear it. Perhaps they didn't want to face the dark parts of themselves?

You get what you believe. No more no less.

The spirit world really is nuetral. Thw means by which it manifests on this plane is through us. If we fear then that is the vehicle in which it will use. If we don't fear it uses the strength.

Its apparrent in the posts here. You have both sides of the experience being shared.

The mind is the most powerfull spiritual tool. I don't understand why anyone would wish to believe they are powerless, but that's just human nature I suppose.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:33 PM
hawkmoth65

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
i really know how to kill a thread huh?
Not at all Earthprowler,I'm just not at all experienced with ouija boards.However,my brother who is 13 years older than me,did have an experience with one when he was about 18.He tells me he was at a friend's house,him and two friends,and they decided to use an ouija board.When he asked the name of his maternal grandmother,which he knew his two friends had no knowledge of,the board spelled out her name correctly.He swears to me this was true and it is ironic because he's the kind of bloke who prefers anything to be tested in a laboratory.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkmoth65
Not at all Earthprowler,I'm just not at all experienced with ouija boards.However,my brother who is 13 years older than me,did have an experience with one when he was about 18.He tells me he was at a friend's house,him and two friends,and they decided to use an ouija board.When he asked the name of his maternal grandmother,which he knew his two friends had no knowledge of,the board spelled out her name correctly.He swears to me this was true and it is ironic because he's the kind of bloke who prefers anything to be tested in a laboratory.

While it may be true, spirits, even negative one's have access to your brother's mind and can manipulate the board into giving correct answers.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:23 AM
earthprowler

i was separated from my husband a few years ago and staying in my mom's house. my sister didn't like the idea of the board being in the house and threw it out the back door where it laid face down for a good three weeks (no idea why i didn't pick it up). i happened to come in one sunday after being on the run all day and stopped in my tracks to find the board sitting on a coffee table in the middle of the living room !!! now i do not spook or get creeped out very easy, but that day it finally went into the trash can, and then it took twice for them to dump the can right before it came out. i had another one another time that completely vanished from my house.....no idea where it went.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Medium_Laura

To dispose of a board properly.. you burn it. Or it WILL come back, some way, some how.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:36 AM
earthprowler

i have also read that the way to dispose of it is to bury it a foot and a half in the ground far away from your home so it can't find it's way back.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Medium_Laura

That can work too, but burning it dispels any entity or energy that is with the board, breaking the ties. The entity may still hang with YOU, but when you burn a board, you close the portal you opened.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Docha

Lol mine got given to goodwill or chucked I think unless its still in my moms basement...

I never had any weird or odd encounters with it popping back up.

The ouja board is actually fairly new in the 'spiritual' world think if I remember correctly it first made its appearance in the early to mid 1900's. There are urban legends about witches and things using them in the days of old, but no true evidence that such things were in existance.

It was invented when, magic/mediumship, and other such things became 'mainstream'.

I don't believe the boards are any more or less empowered than any other form of divination or what not. Its a tool, just like the tarot, pendelums, runes, I ching, etc.

What if people instead used the boards to contact their own higher self? Like automatic writing? Would that have involved fear and all the 'evil' that surrounds it?

Intent and desire changes it.

As with any tool of the trade.
Old 24-09-2011, 01:34 AM
Knower
My sister received an ouija board for Christmas I think when we were in our early teens. It is still in the closet at my mom's. Don't recall anything unusual happening when we used it; doing so just for fun, but I admit to not wanting to handle it when I'm over to visit.