Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 12-01-2017, 01:14 PM
Knower

Your Feelings And Experiences Visiting Memorials

I would be interested to hear about this. I grew up in Denver, and had always wanted to visit the Sand Creek Massacre memorial site. I talked about it and talked about it since, what, middle school. I didn't start driving until about six years ago and since then I've had jobs that don't allow me practically any time off. I know, excuses, excuses.

I was finally going to go right before I moved out of state but things happened, I was doing back-and-forth road trips and looking for a job and apartment in my new state and had no time left over when my lease was up and had to start work as soon as I got out here.

I didn't really want to go alone to the site last summer but I didn't want to go with someone else either. Anyway I do plan to visit it at some point maybe driving back to visit sometime. Provided the yet-another-job-I-have-worse-than-all the-ones-before-it, ever gives me more than eight hours off work...
Old 14-01-2017, 08:18 PM
Master
About 10 gears ago I was in South Dakota on biz and when the business reason for my trip got wrapped up a day early I spent a whole day at the Chief Crazy Horse memorial.....

It's an amazing site and the land it sits on has a deep energy flowing through it.....

It sooo gigantic! More than 500 feet tall and they have been working on it since the late 1940's and it's still not finished!

It's a must see if you're anywheres near enough to go!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 16-01-2017, 12:18 AM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
I've visited many sites over the years in many places, I would just say go when you can. Just remember to be respectful and take a prayer offering like some Tobacco, Sage or Sweetgrass etc for those that are buried there.

Here's where we go off the map.
Out past the power lines,
up that little side road without a sign.
Hidden from the mainstream.

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it.....
They live it......!
Old 17-01-2017, 10:44 PM
Administrator
I would have to agree with Makoiyi they may be places that hold your interest but to the Natives they are very spiritual and should be respected at all costs.

Namaste
Old 03-03-2017, 11:30 AM
Experiencer

I have been to the Crazy Horse Memotial site too and it will not be completed in our lifetimes either..
I have also walked on the Site of The Battle of the Greasy Grass.
I did not pick up on any energy there a we were with my Native friends.
We too left an offering of tobacco and a small crystal and a small silver coin.. This was the marker for Lame White Man one of the 'Suicide boys'as they were know. it is my Northern Cheyenne friend relative..
I was not actually trying to pickup on any spiritual connections there as we had two young boys from the rez with us.. Normally only natives are allowed to walk among the markers of the native fallen..Sowe wew very privileged.

I think I would find it hard not to pickup energies at Sand Creek..
The earth will hold those enregies for centuries...Kmowing what Chivington and his band of Colorado volunteers perpetrated on peaceful people under a flag of truce . who had already signed a Peace Treaty..

We all know how 'Honored were those False promises, even today..

The theft of Native lands and desecration of sacred sites continues...which breaksmy heart .

I have experienced massive feelings at other sites..
Old 21-03-2017, 09:39 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wolf Medicine Woman
I have been to the Crazy Horse Memotial site too and it will not be completed in our lifetimes either..
I have also walked on the Site of The Battle of the Greasy Grass.
I did not pick up on any energy there a we were with my Native friends.
We too left an offering of tobacco and a small crystal and a small silver coin.. This was the marker for Lame White Man one of the 'Suicide boys'as they were know. it is my Northern Cheyenne friend relative..
I was not actually trying to pickup on any spiritual connections there as we had two young boys from the rez with us.. Normally only natives are allowed to walk among the markers of the native fallen..Sowe wew very privileged.

I think I would find it hard not to pickup energies at Sand Creek..
The earth will hold those enregies for centuries...Kmowing what Chivington and his band of Colorado volunteers perpetrated on peaceful people under a flag of truce . who had already signed a Peace Treaty..

We all know how 'Honored were those False promises, even today..

The theft of Native lands and desecration of sacred sites continues...which breaksmy heart .

I have experienced massive feelings at other sites..

What I've never ever understood is why is it always their sacred lands that everybody wants? There's more than enough land in this country and Canada and Mexico and everywhere else in the world, why does it always seem to have to be on sacred land? Makes me so mad.

Yes I want to be sure that if I ever do visit Sand Creek that I'll be ready because it will be very difficult for me. I read about this growing up and never forgot about it, the atrocities, not to mention the fact that Chivington had a town named after him? So yeah...
Old 21-03-2017, 09:41 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoiyi
I've visited many sites over the years in many places, I would just say go when you can. Just remember to be respectful and take a prayer offering like some Tobacco, Sage or Sweetgrass etc for those that are buried there.

How would someone dispense these gifts? Put them on the ground or in a medicine bag or something?
Old 20-04-2017, 03:15 AM
Experiencer
I've never been to an actual site, but I have been lucky enough to spend a week on tribal lands, and with the locals, and I must say I have never felt more at ease than with my feet in that dirt. I want to go to Canyon de Chelley, if I could ever find someone willing to be my guide and take me down there.

I get to travel near a site, locally, but it's not really a memorial in a "It's on a list" sort of way, but rather a memorial because of how many people died. The island is tribal access only, now that they have ownership of it back, and I get that. It's cool. (Look up Indian Island Massacre for Humboldt County, if you're interested. it's.... it just is.)
Old 24-04-2017, 12:13 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki
I've never been to an actual site, but I have been lucky enough to spend a week on tribal lands, and with the locals, and I must say I have never felt more at ease than with my feet in that dirt. I want to go to Canyon de Chelley, if I could ever find someone willing to be my guide and take me down there.

I get to travel near a site, locally, but it's not really a memorial in a "It's on a list" sort of way, but rather a memorial because of how many people died. The island is tribal access only, now that they have ownership of it back, and I get that. It's cool. (Look up Indian Island Massacre for Humboldt County, if you're interested. it's.... it just is.)

Thanks for the information, I'll be sure to do that!
Old 09-05-2017, 04:35 PM
Suspended

дешевый ориги