Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorelyen

Hmm, it's nice that you've lived such a sheltered life!

You don't know me Lorelyen. That you pretend to says more about you than anything else imo (return to sender) and why you feel compelled to make allegations and assumptions about me is not really my concern. Flame away.

Come on, lighten up! Didn't you notice the grin beneath what you quoted?
The other day someone told me here that I should find a sense of humour. Looks like I'm not the only one!

Bests.

Edit: omitted username

Last edited by Lorelyen : 15-08-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 15-08-2014, 03:13 PM
Master

Hello Lorelyen,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen, reply #15
I agree with most of what you said but the highlit bits in this quote are, well, wildly wrong-headed!!! You use occult methods for precisely the opposite - to get things done!

If you've used occult techniques that reinforce the situation you're trying to break from...wha-a-a-at!?!?! That's crazy!

I've used certain practices myself to defeat the fallout of a pretty awful background and I can safely say that I'm among, what? the 10% here who are the most stable, level-headed, down-to-earth members who've made something of a success in life. I haven't repaired everything; I'm not a Sainte (yet!), but I look back seeing the long trail out of dereliction. And I know a few people in high places in the UK who are involved with "the occult". They aren't fools.
I was addressing the OP memo20 and was not intending to make a blanket condemnation of occultism, as you may have (hastily?) surmised. However, in giving the benefit of the doubt I will take responsibility and apologize for not being sufficiently clear to avoid this apparent misunderstanding. Rather, I thought I was explicitly recommending - as widely level-headed - the avoidance in this particular case of occult practices as misguided as a strategy; or tactically, not relevant - all within the given context of the OP for reasons also explained, which seemed self-evident. So to set things straight…
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir in reply #11 now edited
I agree with others about the need for detachment, but strongly disagree about trying to use occult methods for 'protection' specifically in your case as described, as that will continue to perpetuate the faulty self-perception and projection of blame - and as such will also serve to deepen the problem,
Additionally, this is because any attempted or successful ‘removal’ isn‘t the point, and so generating any number of posts* or pages thereof in presumptuous boasting and debating the relative merits of whether garlic, holy water or crucifixions are the most reliable remedy, amounts to only more of the same misapprehension.

Removal of superficial occurrence and circumstance - the results - by whatever means will not solve the originating cause of this problem, which in this case has imo been mistakenly attributed to residing ‘somewhere else’, in others - and as such any ‘solution‘ which does not address the root cause, which is the spiritual approach - would only be a superficial and temporary diversion which would further obscure, hence ironically occult the true issue. So…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
If you've used occult techniques that reinforce the situation you're trying to break from...wha-a-a-at!?!?! That's crazy!
Exactly my point.

however,
If you want to say that technically, some form of sincere psychological self-examination including as facilitated by those well qualified on the part of the OP constitutes an ’occult practice’ in a broad sense, fine.

“getting things done” means employing the wisdom of:
The what, why, if, then, how, when - holistically - which necessarily involves the discernment of context. I would think this of great importance to occultists as well. As one turns around to look back on “the long trail out of dereliction” one doesn’t see what they still may carry in their rucksack, and that is frequently the undoing of those who think, “They aren't fools."

Quote:
...of course, not to forget that occult means hidden and most of what happens on this site falls somewhere in that category. Hopefully their efforts at protection and self-improvement aren't generally perpetuating their plight though I do sense problems sometimes...
Sometimes?!? Please don’t alarm me with your sarcasm! Unfortunately imo it is true what you say about “most of what happens on this site“, but it is also true that failing a less spiritual approach is when many eventually try a more spiritual approach. And that is relative for each one as well as relative within one single lifetime. So ‘may a thousand flowers bloom‘…

Quote:
So, fine. I accord with your opinions but let's not get it wrong about "the occult”!
So yeh, let’s not get it wrong. And failing that, let's get it right.

…and sorry for any misunderstanding,

~ J

* I note that you are approaching the gates of SF master-hood and maybe that debate would expedite that attainment. For myself, I am a bit anxious about the approach of the dreaded ‘devil number’ in my post count ;-) Oops! It's here now - in this post! (better get busy with the next one)
Old 15-08-2014, 03:45 PM
Lorelyen

Hmmm.... your post count...
Code:
Jyotir Jyotir is offline Guide Join Date: Jan 2011 Posts: 666

As you said....best move on by answering this or someone else!!

PS In my case "Master" (ain' I glad my username isn't Bate) is Shangrilarian for "Sainte"

Last edited by Lorelyen : 15-08-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Old 16-08-2014, 12:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Come on, lighten up! Didn't you notice the grin beneath what you quoted?
The other day someone told me here that I should find a sense of humour. Looks like I'm not the only one!

Bests.

Edit: omitted username

Smile emoticon after insult does not = funny to me. If anything it's that much more condescending. What was the joke? 'You've lived a sheltered life' = funny?

Would you insult someone at a coffee shop who you are barely acquainted with? In the middle of a debate? Debate is about the merits of an argument, when you make it personal you're no longer debating. I'm not interested in personal fliffle flaffle.

OP's situation sounds serious to him/her, that's my focus. Can we add something that might give them some potential directions towards a solution? That's what I'm interested in.

And btw, (I need a sense of humour, you say) you're still pretending to know me. You do not know me. Maybe someday, who knows. You gain my trust, my confidence that you are someone worthy of my time, then yeah maybe me, you, or any infinite number of possible potential relationships could evolve on this forum, or any other place where people interact for that matter.

Otherwise, insults I tend to fin not great social etiquette and in poor taste if you do not know a person. Online interactions seem conducive to that though in many ways, I've probably done it myself at some point also, so not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

But in a thread about psychic vampirsm you put that out there and I feel obligated to call you on it. It may seem uptight, but take it how you wish; it's not meant to be personal at all; I don't hate you forever or anything lol, and for my part I'm honestly all good. Just making a point.

Peace. ~
Old 16-08-2014, 07:47 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
Smile emoticon after insult does not = funny to me. If anything it's that much more condescending. What was the joke? 'You've lived a sheltered life' = funny?
Ok, I'll bear that in mind in future.

Quote:
And btw, (I need a sense of humour, you say) you're still pretending to know me. You do not know me.
Of course I don't! But we can only gradually get to know people's on-line personas precisely from interactions like this.

So since I seem to have offended you, I'll try not to respond to your comments in future - no, I won't put you on an "ignore" list. Ignore lists are for wimps....I'm not one to stick my head in the sand in the face of contention as some around here do but I'll leave you alone unless something begs comment.

Quote:
Otherwise, insults I tend to fin not great social etiquette and in poor taste if you do not know a person. Online interactions seem conducive to that though in many ways, I've probably done it myself at some point also, so not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.
Like I say, one can only get to know an on-line persona. The limitations of this medium deny us the many (usually richer) components of communication of face-to-face.

Quote:
Peace. ~
Likewise.

Old 16-08-2014, 08:17 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Quote:
...of course, not to forget that occult means hidden and most of what happens on this site falls somewhere in that category. Hopefully their efforts at protection and self-improvement aren't generally perpetuating their plight though I do sense problems sometimes...

Sometimes?!? Please don’t alarm me with your sarcasm!

No sarcasm meant. Occasionally one encounters a practice/suggestion that may exacerbate someone's plight.
Unfortunately within the burgeoning New Age Spirituality Industry there are a few Snake-Oil merchants - some quite well known
- peddling a pseudo-spirituality that will lead to disappointment - thus probably doing more harm than good.

The pseuds here don't like me because they know my bullsh-ometer is quite sensitive.
They don't like to have their ideas examined for consistency and validity.

Old 16-08-2014, 03:02 PM
Master
Quote:

So since I seem to have offended you, I'll try not to respond to your comments in future - no, I won't put you on an "ignore" list. Ignore lists are for wimps....I'm not one to stick my head in the sand in the face of contention as some around here do but I'll leave you alone unless something begs comment.

By all means Lorelyen, respond away. I don't do ignore lists either. Just asking if you'd not take such liberties in future, it's the principle of the thing. Apologies if I've come across as cold.

It's honestly all good!

Return to sender basically (imo) means being in such a state where negative clingy on's can't stick b/c your energy level and spiritual connection will not allow them to. They pass right through if you choose not to take them on.

Belief in the hopelessness and helplessness of your situation OP would be the first thing to say goodbye to imo. If not, then what? Curl up into the fetal position on the floor?

There is always a solution. Don't let anyone (yourself included) tell you otherwise.

And I'm done with this thread.