Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 14-06-2014, 01:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Have you ever actually listened to some of the Abraham-Hicks YouTube videos? It's not just about "thinking about something". There are some conditions--like you have to be sort of "connected"--feeling calm and OK. The thing you think about has to matter to you--more than just a passing fancy.

Anyway, if you listen to a few of those, with real people's questions and real people's skepticism--it becomes more clear. Then you can test it more fairly.

But, yes, sometimes we have to do some work too--or at least continue living and not just sit back waiting for the wishes to be fulfilled. And sometimes the thing we want comes in other ways, or ways that are slower---but they get answered. In my experience, anyway.

Lora

Hi IsleWalker,

I have read some of Ask and it is Given seen some of Abraham-Hicks videos.
They are inspiring, but in my experience it has taken me taking hold of the opportunities presented to me in life in order to get anything in life.

Things like The secret video, which I have watched make it seem like all one has to do is think and focus on a desire and there it will be.

Although, looking at my post may have come across a little blunt, the point being, for me nothing is a given without effort being placed into making it happen. Maybe got a little passionate in my expression.

The Universe or powers that be may give all the signals and messages one needs, but if one does not do his/her part, then to me the opportunity will pass on by, at least this is what life has shown me.
Don't feel you were disagreeing with this, just expressing myself further.
Yes, there is strong power in thought and some things do take time.

I know this from experience, have changed situations in my life by changing my thinking upon it and my attitude, but it took action as well. Which may be the part that one may overlook at times. The "Why doesn't this ever happen to me?" type of thinking. Somehow feeling or thinking it should just be given to him/her.

Yes, can see that the way one thinks can affect the way one lives life. This is also something life has taught me.

A question; do you think that some things just happen randomly in life?

Thank you for reminding of Abraham-Hicks maybe I need a little inspiration at the moment.
Old 14-06-2014, 01:06 AM
Master
Quote:
See, Capacity, this is what I'm talking about.

If you had said, "This is what gives me joy"--I'd say great, do what gives you joy.

But you said "depriving myself". That's really telling. It means that you notice that you've given up for others--and that, acknowledged or not, often leads to a sense of something owed back or else some resentments deeply held--maybe when the "sacrifice" isn't acknowledged properly.

One of my (surprising) favorite books is called Emmanuel's Book. He is a channelled entity--which I don't usually like. But the entire vibe of the book is so..reassuring that life is as it should be, that we are doing what we all need to be doing--learning and growing.

When asked the question: Is working for material things a hindrance to our spiritual purpose? he says:

"Not if you see material things as materialized consciousness. When one is in the material world one must have good and clothing. And one desires a home that is beautiful, comfortable, a place to be.

These are the acoutrements of self-love. When self-love is truly acknowledged you will not deny yourself any of these things. Self-love will open your hands to receive as well as to give.

And certainly it is not taking something away from someone else. Your universe is boundless. THere is more than enough of everything for everyone.

How does one take in the bounty that is there? What does one do to deserve opulence? You think this is not a difficulty? Wait and see.

Until such a time when you have mastered the art of receiving, you must supply yourself with the material necessities.

If you can release your guilt about money and accept it as part of the Divine universe and the physical reality of your earth, you will see that it has no more or less power than you give it. It is a necessity. You all hold the sense of money too tightly.

Next question: Sometimes I don't ask for "success" on this physical plane because it feels like I should find Joy in what is here and now and I get confused about wanting for myself. Do you have any feelings about this?

I have very strong feelings on that. There is a misconception permeating spiritual practice that says, "You must want nothing in order to have everything."

If that is taken in the context in which it was given, the "want" that is referred to there is greed.

However, when there is desire to taste the abundance of your world and to receive it with love, I see no reason at all why you should not have it.

There is only conflict where you believe there is a separation between the bounty of your world and the bounty of God's love.

He says it all for me.

Lora
Do you have kids? Have you ever done volunteer work? Both of which are willingly depriving oneself.
Have you ever considered risking your life for another. Another example and rescue workers do it all the time.
Old 14-06-2014, 02:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow

A question; do you think that some things just happen randomly in life?

I guess that depends on your definition of "random". Yes, people's choices affect others and vice versa. But other than that, I'm not sure there are any things that are totally random. Have to think for a while, but I can't think of one--I even assume "natural disasters" have reasons, balances, etc. that govern them.

What would be your definition of some random thing that happens in life?

Lora
Old 14-06-2014, 02:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capacity
Do you have kids? Have you ever done volunteer work? Both of which are willingly depriving oneself.
Have you ever considered risking your life for another. Another example and rescue workers do it all the time.

Yes and yes--but I don't consider either one "depriving". That's a very loaded word!

As a parent I think/thought often that I would risk my life for my kids.

It still doesn't change my feeling about the attitude. Rescue workers, I assume, do it because they get joy from the feeling of doing it--not because they consider it a deprivation for other people. I know it's semantics, but it matters, IMO.

Lora
Old 14-06-2014, 07:14 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capacity
A vacation home is not a need. I don't see how that is a trap. No man should have two loafs of bread while their neighbor has none. IMO and in my heart.
Hear, hear.
Old 14-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Master
Quote:
I guess that depends on your definition of "random". Yes, people's choices affect others and vice versa. But other than that, I'm not sure there are any things that are totally random. Have to think for a while, but I can't think of one--I even assume "natural disasters" have reasons, balances, etc. that govern them.

What would be your definition of some random thing that happens in life?

Lora

Hi IsleWalker,

Just my take on the question.

Things that may occur by chance or "luck" would be random.

Such as winning the lottery. I don't feel that this is something I can necessarily manifest. It seems to be more the "luck" of the draw.

The effects natural disasters may have on me or my home, in a way are random. In the "wrong place at the wrong time" or visa versa kind of thing.

Yes, in hindsight and in the big scope of things may be that such things are meant to happen, but some things feel just happen without my control or desire.

Well that is the way I am looking at it at the moment.
Old 14-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi IsleWalker,

Just my take on the question.

Things that may occur by chance or "luck" would be random.

Such as winning the lottery. I don't feel that this is something I can necessarily manifest. It seems to be more the "luck" of the draw.

The effects natural disasters may have on me or my home, in a way are random. In the "wrong place at the wrong time" or visa versa kind of thing.

Yes, in hindsight and in the big scope of things may be that such things are meant to happen, but some things feel just happen without my control or desire.

Well that is the way I am looking at it at the moment.

Moonglow--

Yes, I tend to be on the far fringes of the spectrum in terms of what we control. I think spirit can influence things like lotteries, although you may be right that the rest is "random". [Then again you learn about people who just can't control the money they get and end up in debt again and you think--Hmm, some lesson being taught here.]

In my way of thinking, everything has consciousness--even things we think of as "inanimate matter". My definition is awareness (consciousness) and choice. Now, a molecule of copper, say, doesn't have the same kind of awareness as we do, but whether that copper ends up as part of a kelp plant, part of a pot, part of someone's body--I think they may have some "control" over (just not the kind of control we think of).

So, in that way, everything that happens is affected by the choices made by the many consciousnesses that make us and everyone up, that surround us all.

And perhaps the cycles of nature are balance-driven so that when enough creation has happened, destruction happens in order to balance out this huge system we have no concept of. And so it would seem random to us, and could affect us randomly.

However, how we choose to react to the natural disaster and it's effects on us--that's all us--IMHO!!

But, this is way over the theory edge and I could be totally wrong. It just makes me happier to see the workings as choices rather than random things or punishment or unfairness. That's a choice too I guess.

Lora
Old 14-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Master
Quote:
For me it seems that I can think about something all i want, but if I don't put any effort into making it happen, then it ain't going to happen.
Worth repeating again and for the fourth time or so.
Old 14-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Moonglow--

Yes, I tend to be on the far fringes of the spectrum in terms of what we control. I think spirit can influence things like lotteries, although you may be right that the rest is "random". [Then again you learn about people who just can't control the money they get and end up in debt again and you think--Hmm, some lesson being taught here.]

In my way of thinking, everything has consciousness--even things we think of as "inanimate matter". My definition is awareness (consciousness) and choice. Now, a molecule of copper, say, doesn't have the same kind of awareness as we do, but whether that copper ends up as part of a kelp plant, part of a pot, part of someone's body--I think they may have some "control" over (just not the kind of control we think of).

So, in that way, everything that happens is affected by the choices made by the many consciousnesses that make us and everyone up, that surround us all.

And perhaps the cycles of nature are balance-driven so that when enough creation has happened, destruction happens in order to balance out this huge system we have no concept of. And so it would seem random to us, and could affect us randomly.

However, how we choose to react to the natural disaster and it's effects on us--that's all us--IMHO!!

But, this is way over the theory edge and I could be totally wrong. It just makes me happier to see the workings as choices rather than random things or punishment or unfairness. That's a choice too I guess.

Lora
Isn't it wonderful the way people can make up their reality so as to make themselves feel nice.
I wish I could do it. Alas, I am too sensible.
Old 14-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Suspended
Quote:

I know this wasn't addressed to me, however I'd like to put my thoughts on the table.

Actually, thinking about what I'm about to type makes me realise that I'm quite the believer of LOA - but to a point.

The lottery is an oft-touted example of LOA (as is money in general).

Something I do keep in mind is logic and probability as well as LOA. I do believe in LOA to a point. (And I also understand/expect absolute believers to put me right).

To win the lottery, we are told (in the UK) that it's 14 million to 1. We are told that fact (possible propaganda) and most of us believe it. Secondly most of us still buy a ticket (are we stupid? we must be).

I'm losing the meaning of my post, but I know that it's to do with the extremity of winning lots of money. It's always given as an example when related to LOA, rather like Hitler is when talking about evil.

For myself, I experience a lovely middle ground where I'm able to manifest a "perfect" life for me. That will do for me.