Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-05-2014, 02:50 AM
ArtistElect

Does anybody desire a True Religion? (Seriously)

What if it were possible for the big three of monotheistic religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) to be understood as One? What if this fusion also led to a better understanding of other religions - like Buddhism, Hinduism, etc.?

Does this NOT make a difference in society?

Do you think its possible?

And... How far would you be willing to go to put such an idea into action?

What if I said: "I am willing to meet you face-to-face and prove the authenticity of this Idea"?

Would you think I was fake? Would you think I was crazy (a "religious zealot")?

Asking the right questions has always led me to answers so I'm wondering if the same rule applies to All.
Old 13-05-2014, 03:11 AM
Royalite

I think it would bring those who are strongly attached to the concept of religion together. But like every other concept, it would create a system that ostracizes others...like myself.
Old 13-05-2014, 03:23 AM
Master

I have followed my path for 30 years. If you could combine to make the "perfect" religion, I would not join.
Old 13-05-2014, 03:57 AM
ArtistElect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite
I think it would bring those who are strongly attached to the concept of religion together. But like every other concept, it would create a system that ostracizes others...like myself.

What if it was unlike any other religion...? What if it brought those who confess atheism (or materialism; or agnosticism) into its framework? What if it was a logic, grounded in reason, and didn't allow of any dogmatism? What if - to be jest - it had a lot to do with getting the maximum yield in intelligence (IQ)?

Would you suspect this so-called religion as deceptive? What if - for some, it was a religion (?); and for others, it was a curriculum? Would you give it four hours to prove itself? Would you trust someone who admitted to the existence of such an idea?
Old 13-05-2014, 04:00 AM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistElect
What if it was unlike any other religion...? What if it brought those who confess atheism (or materialism; or agnosticism) into its framework? What if it was a logic, grounded in reason, and didn't allow of any dogmatism? What if - to be jest - it had a lot to do with getting the maximum yield in intelligence (IQ)?

Would you suspect this so-called religion as deceptive? What if - for some, it was a religion (?); and for others, it was a curriculum? Would you give it four hours to prove itself? Would you trust someone who admitted to the existence of such an idea?

I'd listen. I'm an agreeable person. But my heart wouldbt connect with the concept. It all just seems too concrete and 2D for what I'm looking for and need at this time in my life.
Old 13-05-2014, 04:02 AM
ArtistElect

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I have followed my path for 30 years. If you could combine to make the "perfect" religion, I would not join.

What if this religion were not "merely" a religion? What if it could unify peoples (Blacks and Whites, etc.) into a common communication for the sake of education? What if it did not claim to be "perfect" but UNIFYING? Then, you would not have to stray from your path. All the so-called religion would need from you is your recognition. Do you think you'd be willing to give this idea your recognition?
Old 13-05-2014, 06:27 AM
ArtistElect

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite
I'd listen. I'm an agreeable person. But my heart wouldbt connect with the concept. It all just seems too concrete and 2D for what I'm looking for and need at this time in my life.

What if this religion were demonstrated in a creative manner? What if it told you things about astrology, philosophy, metaphysics, religion, the mind, science, the creative process and language that you never thought of before; and yet, everything demonstrated in this demonstration confirmed all of your most optimistic beliefs about God and human evolution?

This philosophy has a blatantly imaginary quality to it (therefore, it is not 2-D; nor is it overly concrete). It speaks openly about imagination, thought, mind, power, truth, soul, science, freedom and choice; and does so in a way that does not contradict NOT EVEN ONE legitimate philosophical or religious idea in any manner whatsoever.

Does this seem possible? And, more importantly, would you want such an idea to be possible?
Old 13-05-2014, 06:36 AM
Experiencer
I like to use the parable of the cave and the elephant. Five people sit in a cave, on front of which an elephant passes by, and each sees only a part of the elephant.

Every one of them will describe a different animal. One will talk about the trunk, the next about the ears or the tail. But what they do not know is that its the same animal every time.

I lived my life finding connections everywhere. I have come to perceive a giant network of themes spanning all of science, philosophy and religion alike. Every time I see an apparent contradiction it is a clue to me that somewhere, somehow there is a reconciliation to be found. To do so it is necessary to transcend duality thinking and see more than only the differences.

Having said that, there is no need for a single religion. Each person's path is totally unique and the very concept of religion with its preset belief system runs counter to that. The Path is experiential and its different for each.
Old 13-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Master

Quote:
What if this religion were not "merely" a religion? What if it could unify peoples (Blacks and Whites, etc.) into a common communication for the sake of education? What if it did not claim to be "perfect" but UNIFYING? Then, you would not have to stray from your path. All the so-called religion would need from you is your recognition. Do you think you'd be willing to give this idea your recognition?

Again, I would have to respectfully decline because I find my answers to my spiritual growth from my heart not a pulpit.

When I choose to read a spiritual book I read it at the time I want to, not not when someone dictates what I learn and when I learn it. Putting that kind of trust in a mere human just won't happen anymore. Humans can become corrupted and led astray. And I just am not flock mentality anymore.[quote=ArtistElect] Would you trust someone :/QUOTE]

Quote:
Would you trust someone.......

There you have it. The answer is, no.
Old 13-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Administrator
Quote:
What if it were possible for the big three of monotheistic religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) to be understood as One? What if this fusion also led to a better understanding of other religions - like Buddhism, Hinduism, etc.?

Does this NOT make a difference in society? I feel it is already one its the EGO of the individual that holds that from being so. We can all meet and get along and discuss if we can leave the "dogma" at the front door.

Do you think its possible? I run a Metaphysical Society and I find that some really put up a wall if "God or Jesus" is mentioned but its all a part of the whole. Many times the message is that they need to clear some old wounds around family faith upbringing and make peace there.

And... How far would you be willing to go to put such an idea into action?

I try and find that balance on SF and on Sunday all the time. I too try to do the in the spiritual community I am a part of. So how far is a personal comfort zone. One has to be ready to take in the positive and not so postive thoughts of others.

What if I said: "I am willing to meet you face-to-face and prove the authenticity of this Idea"?

I would welcome that....as there is no proof that can be carved in stone that will not be washed away by winds or waters over time.

Would you think I was fake? Would you think I was crazy (a "religious zealot")?

No I would think you were human, nothing more nothing less. We all have our message our way of putting forth things. I have many times been put on that stage with a critic in the audiance or worse a heckler that security would rater remove. For me to be able to not go into having to prove but finding understandings on some levels. In that we find common grounds.

Asking the right questions has always led me to answers so I'm wondering if the same rule applies to All.

I would ask on what is the right question to me there are none that are right and none that are wrong.

lynn