Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Loving Tributes & Remembrance

Old 23-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Kangarus

RIP my Grandma 1922-2013

A small tribute to my grandmother, Rita, who recently passed on a day or so ago from time of writing. I didn't know her very well, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it justice.

Perhaps she wasn't that close, and she was not the most comfortable of people to get along with. But she always meant well, and she was a tough character, for good or ill.

From what I do know for certain is that she was a survivor. She survived rejection by her own family after her father died at a young age, and lived through the dark days of the 1929-1939 recession, which hit Australia very hard in those days. She managed to marry my maternal grandfather, who went to war in World War II on the Allied front in the Pacific, and undoubtedly she would herself have made her own contributions to the war effort. After my grandfather died in the 1970s - before I was born - my grandmother was undoubtedly embittered, but she was a survivor, and though her body became decrepit over time, she never lost her faculties and her mind was sharp and unsullied until the very end. It was a relatively painless exit, and my opinion, that she at least had her wits at the end made it a good death.

I have only met her a few times, but though she tended to be bitter at times, she was a good woman at heart.

She is survived by my two aunts, one named Cherie and the other named Joan, my mother, Karen, and many grandchildren including myself, as well as a few great-grandchildren. May her soul find peace and a safe harbour with her husband on the other side.

Grandma, I'm sorry I never was able to make it to your side during those final days. I wish I could have made the time, there's a lot of things I had wanted to say. But, I guess that wherever you are, you're finally happy.

Rest well, dear elder. You have well and truly earned it. - Kyle
Old 10-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Master
My condolences to you Kyle. I hope your grandmother is resting in peace and in Gods arms.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:52 PM
It is all good

Kangarus,

Heartfelt sympathy for your loss and hope for healing for your heart.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Twilla

I think your grandma and mine would get along famously! That was a wonderful picture you painted of her. My condolences.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Administrator
Thinking of you

Namaste