Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 27-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
It's a funny thing, James, but for me the descriptions of what I and other people share about what we experience through the practice are inspiring and open me further. In fact, listening and expressing in this way is part of my practice.

Folks are different. No rules, eh?

Xan

My issue is not with sharing experiences and I probably could have worded it better. My issue is different than that. It's my issue though and I am just sharing that it flared up when I read the last paragraph. If it sparks a conversation then great, if not then that's ok to.
But yes I too enjoy people sharing their experiences as their expereinces.
Thanks for sharing...
Old 27-08-2012, 11:43 AM
avisitor

Please try to remember that those type of experiences are non linear and we are using a logical and linear mind to communicate. Makes it tough. So, please be patient.
Old 27-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by avisitor
Please try to remember that those type of experiences are non linear and we are using a logical and linear mind to communicate. Makes it tough. So, please be patient.

I really am not trying to 'understand' 'your' experiences. I am just pointing out my reaction when such experiences are written as everyones expereinces.
My reaction comes from a knowing that there is no understanding when the mind is clear. There is no walking away with anything. There is no experience there of it. There is experience, but that is not it. That is 'yours' only.
Hopefully that explains better what I am trying to say. It's kinda hard to do that with words on a forum but we try anyways.........

In any case I really enjoyed the first part of your OP. Coming back to awareness of the un-quiet mind and releasing and understanding its noise as oppose to ignoring it.
Old 27-08-2012, 12:46 PM
avisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I really am not trying to 'understand' 'your' experiences. I am just pointing out my reaction when such experiences are written as everyones expereinces.
My reaction comes from a knowing that there is no understanding when the mind is clear. There is no walking away with anything. There is no experience there of it. There is experience, but that is not it. That is 'yours' only.
Hopefully that explains better what I am trying to say. It's kinda hard to do that with words on a forum but we try anyways.........

In any case I really enjoyed the first part of your OP. Coming back to awareness of the un-quiet mind and releasing and understanding its noise as oppose to ignoring it.
The post is not mine. It comes from a man calling himself Riverstone.
He had the actualization. And wrote something about it.
I liked it very much and thought some people might actually enjoy it.
As for the experiences themselves, each person is on a different path ...
May you find what you're looking for.
Old 27-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Master
Quote:
The post is not mine. It comes from a man calling himself Riverstone.
He had the actualization. And wrote something about it.
I liked it very much and thought some people might actually enjoy it.
As for the experiences themselves, each person is on a different path ...
May you find what you're looking for.

Still my comments hold but it doesn't sound like you want to discuss them so I guess we are done here............
Old 27-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Master
Quote:
You never stop talking long enough to listen to other people.
I gave you conditions if you want to discuss Buddhism. You failed.
End of story. Now, please go away.

Dear Sir , do you realize your condition for us to discuss ? You ask me to answer 6 or less sentense for your question ......why ? sorry in advance are you afraid of my explaination ? Even now in Afganistan or North Korea does not have this kind of law .............why you stick to 6 sentense ?
Okey ......is very funny for me and now I take the challenge , I will answer your question in 6 sentences or less................so when can you start asking me question my dear friend ?
Oh ...my dear friend I did asked you on posting no #8 that on what basis you claim my cup is full...but I did not recall you answer me ......if you choose not to answer , is okey with me , I just curious perhaps you know something about me which I did not realize.................sincerely I really hope you could stay and continue debate with me , you are great source of learning for me and sincerely you always is a teacher to me .
Thks
CSEe

Last edited by CSEe : 27-08-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 27-08-2012, 04:25 PM
avisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
Dear Sir , do you realize your condition for us to discuss ? You ask me to answer 6 or less sentense for your question ......why ? sorry in advance are you afraid of my explaination ? Even now in Afganistan or North Korea does not have this kind of law .............why you stick to 6 sentense ?
Okey ......is very funny for me and now I take the challenge , I will answer your question in 6 sentences or less................so when can you start asking me question my dear friend ?
Oh ...my dear friend I did asked you on posting no #8 that on what basis you claim my cup is full...but I did not recall you answer me ......if you choose not to answer , is okey with me , I just curious perhaps you know something about me which I did not realize.................sincerely I really hope you could stay and continue debate with me , you are great source of learning for me and sincerely you always is a teacher to me .
Thks
CSEe
The offer was for a limited time. You failed. Now go away ... please.

Read this and let it sink in ...
"When there is no awareness, you are controlled by your notions and will do much to protect the truth of your beliefs."
Old 27-08-2012, 04:47 PM
avisitor

Quote:
Still my comments hold but it doesn't sound like you want to discuss them so I guess we are done here............
I'm sorry. Too much discussion makes me weary.
Here is a little more of Riverstone.

Let me tell you why no one will tell you all of this.
All of the information put forth here generates an image, a concept, an idea,
which becomes a powerful barrier to what is essentially the releasing of all ideas, all imaginings and all concepts.

Imagine a dagger, it has two edges and a point.
The non-conceptual mind is one edge .. the conceptual mind is the other edge.
Where duality ends and insight into ones true nature begins, there exists the point.
The danger in saying this .. is that there is no dagger, no conceptual mind, no non-conceptual mind, ...
Yet it was given birth here as it was spoken of.
And now, you will seek for the dagger rather than the experience.
That is the danger of using words.
Old 27-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Master
Quote:
I'm sorry. Too much discussion makes me weary.
Here is a little more of Riverstone.

Let me tell you why no one will tell you all of this.
All of the information put forth here generates an image, a concept, an idea,
which becomes a powerful barrier to what is essentially the releasing of all ideas, all imaginings and all concepts.

Imagine a dagger, it has two edges and a point.
The non-conceptual mind is one edge .. the conceptual mind is the other edge.
Where duality ends and insight into ones true nature begins, there exists the point.
The danger in saying this .. is that there is no dagger, no conceptual mind, no non-conceptual mind, ...
Yet it was given birth here as it was spoken of.
And now, you will seek for the dagger rather than the experience.
That is the danger of using words.

That sounds great and all and it has a ring of truth to it but the fact is that I don't know...........do you?
See, my experience says the mind wants to believe that......needs to believe that while never realizing it so that it can be it's god. I am suspicious of others who quote others because it sounds nice. I am suspicious of myself when I do that.
So the question is, do you realize all he has said that you quoted and if so why not share in your own words..........if not, why share them at all? Cause it sounds good?
Just asking.................no arguing or anything. I'm a little curious is all.
James
Old 27-08-2012, 09:15 PM
avisitor

Quote:
That sounds great and all and it has a ring of truth to it but the fact is that I don't know...........do you?
See, my experience says the mind wants to believe that......needs to believe that while never realizing it so that it can be it's god. I am suspicious of others who quote others because it sounds nice. I am suspicious of myself when I do that.
So the question is, do you realize all he has said that you quoted and if so why not share in your own words..........if not, why share them at all? Cause it sounds good?
Just asking.................no arguing or anything. I'm a little curious is all.
James
I understand perfectly well your skepticism when others quote others. It use to drive me mad. But, now I just take everything as a learning experience for myself. I don't care what your or their agenda is anymore. I just take care of what is right for me. This way, I am able to keep an open mind and continue to learn.

Yeah, as you know, Buddhism isn't about faith. It is about learning and experiencing for yourself the truth you find. But, mostly about practice.
After all, even Buddha himself needed the practice to become awakened.