Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 28-10-2018, 05:57 PM
Experiencer
Discovered TF on accident, obtrusive thoughts

I discovered quite by accident that I have a twin flame. This is not something I was ever even interested in before meeting this person, as I am happily married to my soul mate.

Every time we are in the same room, there is this overpowering sensation that our frequencies have met and are intertwining in this harmony. My soul recognizes his soul, and his spiritual and physical presence resonates with me on a molecular level. I am an intuitive and an empath, so I know the feeling is mutual psychically, but there have also been comments made. “Do you ever meet someone and feel like you have known them before?” “You’re an old soul, aren’t you?”

I would never do anything to jeopardize my marriage, but this magnetism borders on a need, rather than just desire.

The problem is that this is a person I interact with on a weekly basis in a professional capacity. I don’t sleep the night before we work together, and it takes me about 4 or 5 days to “recover” from the energy surge after being near him.

I see him in my mind’s eye and think about him all the time. We had lunch recently (Chinese food), and my fortune read, “Be patient. Good things come to those who wait.” I blushed and I know he heard my thoughts.

Any suggestions for overcoming these intense energies? What am I supposed to learn or gain from this?
Old 30-10-2018, 06:08 PM
Newbie ;)

I think you're trying to fill a void in your life and this person meets all that you think you need, on a subconscious level. I personally wouldn't see why the universe would make you meet a twin flame while you are married... Seems very counter productive as twin flames are people that once they reunite, they cannot even get away from each other for a single moment.. They literally complete each other!
Old 30-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Experiencer
I agree. I had a hard week last week, which also could have had something to do with the energy from the full moon...

Anyway, Sunday night, I did an intuition reading on this person and saw more than I expected to see, but I did see that he has felt the same energy but just acknowledged it and forced himself to ignore it/not feel it (the image I got was of him kinking a water hose). He allows himself to feel this platonic admiration and respect for me, but that is all. I saw that he has tremendous self-control and a kind, gentle spirit. He is approaching the formal end of a long, almost exclusively unhappy marriage, but he is currently involved with a woman to whom he is attracted, but she does not interest him or challenge him mentally or spiritually.

I have a friend (who incidentally is a medium) who gives me spiritual advice from time to time and she said she feels like he and I aren't meant to "be together" in this lifetime but that I am meant to learn something from our interactions here. After I did that reading on him, the energy has become much more subtle (approaching a tolerable level) and my feelings echo his own: platonic. My contract with his company will be over late next Spring and our interactions will be infrequent after that. I think we can continue a relationship as friends
Old 30-10-2018, 11:12 PM
Experiencer

You can meet a TF at any time. I'm starting to really like the term "soul connection" though. Because, you know, there's so many types and sometimes it's hard to separate one from another.

At any rate, the connection you have is interesting. Yes, sometimes it is about filling a void. But, sometimes, it's about learning a lesson or having an experience. Regardless, if you can keep it platonic, you can learn a great deal of yourself through these experiences. Best wishes.
Old 30-10-2018, 11:46 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralwanderer
I discovered quite by accident that I have a twin flame. This is not something I was ever even interested in before meeting this person, as I am happily married to my soul mate.

Every time we are in the same room, there is this overpowering sensation that our frequencies have met and are intertwining in this harmony. My soul recognizes his soul, and his spiritual and physical presence resonates with me on a molecular level. I am an intuitive and an empath, so I know the feeling is mutual psychically, but there have also been comments made. “Do you ever meet someone and feel like you have known them before?” “You’re an old soul, aren’t you?”

I would never do anything to jeopardize my marriage, but this magnetism borders on a need, rather than just desire.

The problem is that this is a person I interact with on a weekly basis in a professional capacity. I don’t sleep the night before we work together, and it takes me about 4 or 5 days to “recover” from the energy surge after being near him.

I see him in my mind’s eye and think about him all the time. We had lunch recently (Chinese food), and my fortune read, “Be patient. Good things come to those who wait.” I blushed and I know he heard my thoughts.

Any suggestions for overcoming these intense energies? What am I supposed to learn or gain from this?

It is not unusual for one or both twin flames to be married or in relationships when they meet.

Someone explained to me that when the twins are together, they merge. When they separate it's like ripping a bandaid off and it hurts, for you have merged. I too take several days to recover after spending time with my twin.

It is also not unusual for them to be on your mind 24/7. Even if you want to forget them and try, they still stay with you. You do get used to this after awhile.

Even though the feelings are intense these connections cause us to examine ourselves deeply to heal things we need to.

Hope that helps some.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:45 AM
Newbie ;)

Can you try to ground it or distance yourself from the feelings like you would do as an empath to feelings you experience that are not your own ?
Can you set boundaries and some distance and keep it as friends ?
I beieve that you you won't break this connection but it may weaken or subside after some time.

The purpose or benefit of the twin flame connection is to get us or motivate us to move into the correct path that we need to take.
It is supposed to be to get us to look at ourselves and to fix thigns in our lives and to heal.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:07 AM
Lorelyen

If I may be sincere, I can't honestly see that because you feel acutely attracted to someone and seem in agreement a lot, that it's definitely a twin flame. Others have said more what it sounds like and the trouble is, once committed to marriage it's a problem if you meet someone you find a greater affinity with. Being unmarried I can act without any of the anguish if need be...and find myself disappointed at the decision later on.

You'll never know what it's like living with this person unless it actually happens. People are dynamic and are never totally selfless. What's good today could fall into a dull routine tomorrow.

To me a big part of spiritual development has been getting control over my emotions; try to be honest about them (because most people aren't in spite of what they say). By concentrating on your duties and realising that a new prospect is no guarantee of a happier future without time and a lot of togetherness, may help relax things a bit.
Old 14-11-2018, 03:22 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
If I may be sincere, I can't honestly see that because you feel acutely attracted to someone and seem in agreement a lot, that it's definitely a twin flame. Others have said more what it sounds like and the trouble is, once committed to marriage it's a problem if you meet someone you find a greater affinity with. Being unmarried I can act without any of the anguish if need be...and find myself disappointed at the decision later on.

You'll never know what it's like living with this person unless it actually happens. People are dynamic and are never totally selfless. What's good today could fall into a dull routine tomorrow.

To me a big part of spiritual development has been getting control over my emotions; try to be honest about them (because most people aren't in spite of what they say). By concentrating on your duties and realising that a new prospect is no guarantee of a happier future without time and a lot of togetherness, may help relax things a bit.

Thank you for this perspective, and that’s probably what I needed to hear. I’ve been acutely attracted to others before (since being married) and always recognized it for what it was...I think this has been attraction mixed with the revelation that there are people out there who share my views on life, politics, spirituality, etc....and perhaps the fact that we have so much in common intensified the connection I feel to this person. It was hard to deal with at first.

I do continue to feel strongly connected to this person, but as the “newness” wears off some, I’m better able to control my feelings.

Thank you to everyone who responded and helped me through this difficult and challenging emotional time. Every response was valid, uplifting, and encouraging, and I have learned something from them all!
Old 17-11-2018, 06:12 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralwanderer

You have just pretty much described how I felt and feel around the man I realised was my 'twin flame'. I have been looking for ages to find someone to describe the feeling. For me, it was a 'filling up' or 'recharging' , balancing, recalibrating. It was an actual physical feeling that completely shocked me as I too was married (still am). This was done him that occurred in May 2008. Oh I have a whole story to tell as do so many of us here.
But to answer your question about what to do... observe, experience, FEEL everything. I thought back then that it was him interested in me, and my reaction was because I knew that and I tried so hard to fight it . Nothing ever happened and nothing was ever spoken about. Very long story, raw emotions, dark night of the soul, so much growth...
We recently reconnected face to face, only for 5 mins or so with other around But the energy around us was, for me, tangible. I know he felt it too, I could see it on his face. Then we had the whole intense kinda social media interaction and now he is in 'runner' silent mode again. The dance that goes in circles.
Old 23-11-2018, 11:17 AM
Pathfinder

Thank you for defining something that I always feel after being around my twin. Its like after I leave his presence i feel so overwhelmed and like I have a void at the same time. An intense feeling of loss and yearning. I have often wondered is it his energy - I don't know. And yes, need time to 'recover'. I feel overwhelmed. Once when we were together I wore a rose quartz - we were physically close, but not in a sexual way. The rose quartz cracked and these blooms of amber in a couple of places formed. I can only put it down to the intense energy.