Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 26-11-2014, 10:36 AM
Hypnoticalec

Dark pulses. Looking back-

I don't like going around admitting this stuff, but I'm kinda sensitive. I developed in spirituality at a fast phase because of this. With that said..

Sometimes as I'm meditating, a dark memory creeps up and I begin to breathe heavily. I've been told to not look back again but its easier to talk the talk that to walk the walk. Any experience is appreciated.
Old 26-11-2014, 10:47 AM
Master
The breath just regulates itself according to the experience, and if dark memories occur, then the emotional content affects the rate of breathing. It's best to let the breath do as it is wont to do because it knows just what to do. When the memory occurs, become acutely aware of the mind's reactions to it, and don't get drawn in to that drama. As best as is possible, be the witness that acknowledges it and observes it all in passing.

They say a lot about allow or accept, and you didn't intentionally conjure the memory, so you didn't look back and go seeking for it. It arises as it does, if it does, and fairly soon it passes again, may rise again and then again pass... That's of no concern to you. You just remain present and it just comes and goes.
Old 26-11-2014, 10:51 AM
Master

Sometimes as I'm meditating, a dark memory creeps up and I begin to breathe heavily. I've been told to not look back again but its easier to talk the talk that to walk the walk. Any experience is appreciated.

part of meditation is guided meditations. in this you pretend to walk in a meadow or such. I pretend to go to Starbucks and meet up with friends/guides.

anyway, when the dark memories come you can switch to a guided meditation. you can decide to put that memory in a box on the top shelf in the back of the closet. you can decide to allow the memory to be on a tv and then change the channel or turn off the tv. you can decide to ask for a guide/teacher to explain why things happened. you can put it in a baloon and let it go. you can. you can you can.
Old 26-11-2014, 09:14 PM
Hypnoticalec

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern

part of meditation is guided meditations. in this you pretend to walk in a meadow or such. I pretend to go to Starbucks and meet up with friends/guides.

anyway, when the dark memories come you can switch to a guided meditation. you can decide to put that memory in a box on the top shelf in the back of the closet. you can decide to allow the memory to be on a tv and then change the channel or turn off the tv. you can decide to ask for a guide/teacher to explain why things happened. you can put it in a baloon and let it go. you can. you can you can.
Hmm.. a controlled meditation. And Tv.. very helpful.
Old 26-11-2014, 09:19 PM
Hypnoticalec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The breath just regulates itself according to the experience, and if dark memories occur, then the emotional content affects the rate of breathing. It's best to let the breath do as it is wont to do because it knows just what to do. When the memory occurs, become acutely aware of the mind's reactions to it, and don't get drawn in to that drama. As best as is possible, be the witness that acknowledges it and observes it all in passing.

They say a lot about allow or accept, and you didn't intentionally conjure the memory, so you didn't look back and go seeking for it. It arises as it does, if it does, and fairly soon it passes again, may rise again and then again pass... That's of no concern to you. You just remain present and it just comes and goes.
I'm not concerned about the breathing at all oxigen is life. I just felt the need to mention it

I'll try to witness it next time..