Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-09-2014, 11:10 PM
candelight

voice inside one's head - Telling the difference? intuition/ego

hi everyone,

I have difficulty telling the difference between my intuition and my ego? The voice inside one's head . How do you know when its your higher self ( intuition) or your lower self (ego)?How can you sense and find the line between these two?

Also,how can you tell if your feelings and emotions are ego based or if they come from your higher self ?
Old 05-09-2014, 08:43 AM
Experiencer
It's not always easy,but in general the voice of the ego is loud,seems to make sense and doesn't offer any change.Intuition speaks from the heart,it doesn't care about logic and very often can lead us to a path of change.The ego is about convenience and benefits,it is like a trader,always thinks of a profit.And intuition,or the higher self leaves an impression of immensity and depth.Sometimes we know deep inside which one is talking,yet it's hard to follow the right voice,for our habits and routine and linear behaviour impede our steps.Bravery and a touch of healthy madness can help.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Master
The ego speaks, and is never at a loss for words.
Intuition is more of a feeling from within, likely more trustworthy as well. :)
Old 05-09-2014, 12:18 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by candelight
hi everyone,

I have difficulty telling the difference between my intuition and my ego? The voice inside one's head . How do you know when its your higher self ( intuition) or your lower self (ego)?How can you sense and find the line between these two?

Most often whatever voice is playing, you can listen and learn through all of you as you present yourself to you.
If you are unravelling, you may learn through the nature of the whole of you anyway to learn about all of you

Also,how can you tell if your feelings and emotions are ego based or if they come from your higher self ?

How you feel and your emotions are just how you feel emotions. Listening to how you feel and letting go often brings you to clarity of feeling and seeing, through the process..
Old 05-09-2014, 08:20 PM
Master
This is a really excellent question and one we all have to discover for ourselves because the answer seems to come in so many ways, depending how we perceive the world and which of our senses is stronger.

I live in my head a lot, too much in fact, so that is where Spirit gets ahold of me, cause that's where my attention is.
The difference for me, between my own internal thinking and ruminating is the verbiage length and layering.
I can not actually run thoughts on top of each other, two words said simutainously, though I can change sentences/thoughts quickly. Also when I think it's in long sentences, sorta like this... :)

When Spirit speaks it's usually one poignant word spoken over whatever I was thinking - it catches me by surprise "Where did that thought come from?!" Also the brevity, my higher self rarely speaks in more than one word, but that word is power packed with meaning. The EXACT word that would have been best to use to paint an entire picture of an answer when reflected upon.

Other people 'hear' with their bodies, a feeling in the stomach, goose bumps suddenly, certain feelings in large muscle groups....

Others go deep inside in the quite within and see visions which teach, instruct or give answers.

Others might smell a particular smell or scent that warns them to pay attention for the next few moments because an answer is coming.

Part of the Path is learning how to connect with Spirit, how our own physical or mental or emotional aspect is best lined up for being Aware and receiving that which defy the regular use of the five senses and the thinking/feeling landscapes.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:32 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
This is a really excellent question and one we all have to discover for ourselves because the answer seems to come in so many ways, depending how we perceive the world and which of our senses is stronger.

I live in my head a lot, too much in fact, so that is where Spirit gets ahold of me, cause that's where my attention is.
The difference for me, between my own internal thinking and ruminating is the verbiage length and layering.
I can not actually run thoughts on top of each other, two words said simutainously, though I can change sentences/thoughts quickly. Also when I think it's in long sentences, sorta like this... :)

When Spirit speaks it's usually one poignant word spoken over whatever I was thinking - it catches me by surprise "Where did that thought come from?!" Also the brevity, my higher self rarely speaks in more than one word, but that word is power packed with meaning. The EXACT word that would have been best to use to paint an entire picture of an answer when reflected upon.

Other people 'hear' with their bodies, a feeling in the stomach, goose bumps suddenly, certain feelings in large muscle groups....

Others go deep inside in the quite within and see visions which teach, instruct or give answers.

Others might smell a particular smell or scent that warns them to pay attention for the next few moments because an answer is coming.

Part of the Path is learning how to connect with Spirit, how our own physical or mental or emotional aspect is best lined up for being Aware and receiving that which defy the regular use of the five senses and the thinking/feeling landscapes.

great post
Old 06-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Suspended
Both are one and the same because feelings come before words.