Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 11-09-2018, 07:12 PM
Pathfinder

Temple

Have you thought of taking the step to ordain as monk /nun?

Cons/pros on the question.

If you already are a monk or nun how do you deal with the many rules in the temple?
Old 12-09-2018, 06:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanaki

If you already are a monk or nun how do you deal with the many rules in the temple?

No I haven't thought about being a Nun/Monk, I am content with how I live. I have a Friend who is a Buddhist Nun and she is also content doing what she does. To each their own
Old 13-09-2018, 02:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanaki

In Buddhism the rules are designed to help you spiritually. Some can be very strict like Zen.

If you have a passion for learning, for practice the it should be a joy to devout your life to it.

If you have doubt, then you are not ready.
Old 13-09-2018, 05:20 PM
Pathfinder

I have already been some months in a Temple many years ago, But for me now i can study Dhamma just as good at home, and because there is still many morally challenges in lay buddhist life it is actually better condition to cultivate the dhamma in a normal life.

But what i experience as better is the meditation within a temple.

But i see both pros and cons with both ways of living
Old 15-09-2018, 03:54 PM
Suspended

To me, there is no difference. Both ways of life are identical.
Old 23-09-2018, 07:04 AM
Master
I was in one country when a tall chap that did not fit in with the other people in the vicinity approached me with a specific animal hide.

The animal hide was the type worn by exclusive Buddhist hermits wear. These hermits are never really seen and live in caves.

I always wondered if the chap thought I was a hermit type wannabe.
Old 23-09-2018, 07:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I was in one country when a tall chap that did not fit in with the other people in the vicinity approached me with a specific animal hide.

The animal hide was the type worn by exclusive Buddhist hermits wear. These hermits are never really seen and live in caves.

I always wondered if the chap thought I was a hermit type wannabe.

Mybe he thought you looked as if you needed ' Time out ' from the hustle and bustle of everyday life