Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 11-12-2017, 07:13 AM
Newbie ;)

Help with tarot reading

Hi everyone!

The other day I met this guy working and even though I thought there was mutual flirting between us he didn't ask for my number. I did end up rushing home after we were let out. I'm not sure if I'll see him again because the job is more like a gig than an actual 9-5. Anyways, I did a spread asking "How he really feels." I'm afraid I may be too biased towards this reading so I'd appreciate your outlook!

1. His story / what he's telling you - 6 of Wands
2. What he's really thinking - 6 of Cups
3. How he feels about you deep down - The High Priestess
4. How he's walking his talk - The Moon
5. Outside influences on his walk - Queen of Swords
6. How he will be walking his talk within 6-8 weeks - 8 of Wands

*I'm not currently reading reversals. Only if they pop out reversed than I do. Not sure if that makes a difference but thought I'd mention it. I'm still fairly new to tarot.

I was confused by the 6 of wands & 6 of cups. Maybe the 6 of cups and the high priestess showing a familiar feeling when meeting me. I've also read where maybe it's more of a platonic connection (the high priestess). The moon showing he's all in his head therefor possibly interfering with him making a move. Outside influences - could there be another woman? Or maybe it's just reinforcing my take on the moon. Showing too much mental energy/thought getting in his way. As for the 8 of wands I see this as fast movement. Is that movement stopped though? From what I read people have mixed views on this card.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by druidess
Hi everyone!

The other day I met this guy working and even though I thought there was mutual flirting between us he didn't ask for my number. I did end up rushing home after we were let out. I'm not sure if I'll see him again because the job is more like a gig than an actual 9-5. Anyways, I did a spread asking "How he really feels." I'm afraid I may be too biased towards this reading so I'd appreciate your outlook!

*I'm not currently reading reversals. Only if they pop out reversed than I do. Not sure if that makes a difference but thought I'd mention it. I'm still fairly new to tarot.

I was confused by the 6 of wands & 6 of cups. Maybe the 6 of cups and the high priestess showing a familiar feeling when meeting me. I've also read where maybe it's more of a platonic connection (the high priestess). The moon showing he's all in his head therefor possibly interfering with him making a move. Outside influences - could there be another woman? Or maybe it's just reinforcing my take on the moon. Showing too much mental energy/thought getting in his way. As for the 8 of wands I see this as fast movement. Is that movement stopped though? From what I read people have mixed views on this card.

High priestess could mean a gut/ instinct that says of a connection. He feels an instinctual connection here. Six of cups could mean he sees potential of something more, an inner knowing and Six of wands could mean work, life , making money etc is priority in his life, so it isn't passionate yet, its still casual for him to make any serious move. Moon could represent one of nervous disposition, lack of clarity, just wanting to make immediate ends meet, finances stand out. Queen of swords could mean a relationship with a woman. There does feel like a woman in the background here for him, someone he might be obligated to in some ways, married or not. Eight of wands, being honest, upfront and more direct about himself in the coming weeks. Things not being unclear or hidden as they are right now.
Just my interpretation of this.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:55 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by druidess
Hi everyone!

Your from a different generation than mine, the young men in this one seem like they need an extra push/pull. Point in short, you may have to be a little more aggressive or assertive next time you see him. Coffee invite? Social media sharing of some sort? That to me is what 8 of wands is more asking; strike while the iron is hot on your next encoutour. Based on the cards, I think he is attracted to you and really likes your vibe. 6 of cups; Friendship The high Priestess has a hidden sexual connotation to me ( imho)! so he found you provoked something in him. However, unless there is some action involved, could all turn out to a nothing burger.

Queen of swords, sounds like a possible serious commitment to someone else. I only say this because I get this sometimes for people's wives/GF's. This Queen seems more of an 'obligation' vibe. Kinda cold too. The Moon card appearing, seems it is possible that this person tends to get himself in a fantasy world with women he meets. In short, He's could probably be looking for something deeper.

Just my humble interpretation
Old 11-12-2017, 05:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Your from a different generation than mine, the young men in this one seem like they need an extra push/pull. Point in short, you may have to be a little more aggressive or assertive next time you see him. Coffee invite? Social media sharing of some sort? That to me is what 8 of wands is more asking; strike while the iron is hot on your next encoutour

Sounds like needs a lot of effort there lol, the entire generation is ADD. Too much instant gratification for both men and women.
Earlier times people would commit to each other for lifetime, I don't think I have met a single guy in their 20s who has been faithfully committed to only one person and I don't think they ever well be. After the Pluto is Libra generation, people aren't faithful/ committed anymore.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:46 PM
Deactivated Account

You may have fallen at the first hurdle there because the questions are not clearly defined enough and are based on the assumption that he feels something for you when you don't know if he does which may invalidate the cards, I don't mean to sound critical or judgemental but suggest you try from the outset not to directly impose on anyone's privacy which will set you up for good future practice, an easy way around this would be to look at the future of relationship between you to see how things are panning out but you can't automatically assume they'll apply in a romantic context or if you're curious about romantic potential enquire about that specifically, simple 3 card spread might work nicely with a linear perspective but no positional titles but you do what works for you.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:02 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for your responses!

Headincloud - Maybe I’m not understanding you clearly. I was not trying to violate his privacy at all. I honestly just wanted to know if he shared the same interest/better clarity on the situation. I had a tarot reader use this spread on me in the past and felt it showed a lot of accuracy. So it caught my attention when I found it online. I’ve also read where people tend to stay away from yes or no questions as tarot is there to provide more information. Like I said I’m still fairly new to reading. Which three card spread would you suggest?

I definitely get the feeling work is top priority. He briefly mentioned his work situation. I felt like we were both in such a rush to leave the job at the end of the day he probably wasn’t even thinking of getting my info. I normally don’t have a problem being the more forward one. But, if I saw him again and he wasn’t interested I’d leave it be.

Unfortunately, there was another man there who was being a little more forward/possessive with me. Could he be the queen of swords? Although I did get the sense of a woman when I pulled that.
Old 26-12-2017, 04:46 AM
Pathfinder

I'm a little late. Anyway, it's hard to tell without knowing which deck you are using because I go by the pictures and how they make me feel, along with the "book meanings".

The Queen of Swords is controlling. In a love reading, it could represent a significant other who possesses this quality.

However, this card has popped up for my mother-in-law from time to time. It suits her. She's a piece of work. Go figure. Maybe this guy has an overbearing harpy of a mother too. The High Priestess in your reading also makes me wonder if this is a maternal figure rather than a girlfriend or wife. I may be wrong, though.

If he does have a significant other currently, bail out. You don't need that kind of mess in your life. Nobody does.