Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 04-12-2017, 07:03 PM
Administrator
Dream Catchers

Hello

Dream Catchers

The original web dream catcher of the Ojibwa was intended to teach natural wisdom. Dream catchers of twigs, sinew, and feathers have been woven since ancient times by Ojibwa people. They were woven by the grandfathers and grandmothers for newborn children and hung above the cradleboard to give the infants peaceful, beautiful dreams.

The night air is filled with dreams. Good dreams are clear and know the way to the dreamer, descending through the feathers. The slightest movement of the feathers indicated the passage of yet another beautiful dream. Bad dreams, however, are confused and confusing. They cannot find their way through the web and are trapped there until the sun rises and evaporates them like the morning dew.

I thought I would explore the world of Dream Catchers. Not having had one as a child I now am exploring that aspect of the night.

What brought this one was finding a silver necklace that is in the design of a dream catcher and the peaceful feelings it brought on wearing it.

I found a few at a thrift store that are more decorative than pure in the making and I did not really feel anything from them. Then I found one that is authentic in its making but its not flat like most. This one is a sphere that is wrapped in leather and hung with feathers.

I put it over the door of my walk in closet as there is a window there that passes light into the room. There has been a shift in the energy in the bedroom. I honestly never thought much on them being a spiritual tool for dreams, but there is something to it all.

I gave on to my Son's GF last night will see what she noted from it. She is native american so she is open to the energy of them. The one I gave her is traditional in shape.

What are your experiences with them ?

Lynn
Old 04-12-2017, 10:30 PM
Master
i luv thm i do i colet t i collet thm i do

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 05-12-2017, 02:49 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
i luv thm i do i colet t i collet thm i do

It seems they might be something that goes on my collection list too.

Lynn
Old 05-12-2017, 05:24 AM
Deactivated Account

I never owned one until recently. My daughter ( 8) was asking for one because of her 'bad' dreams. I purchased one at a metaphysical store during my travles, a brown leather Native theme, we put it up against her bed. One month later she tells me she no longer has bad dreams, although she has 'weird' dreams but they aren't scary anymore. Hope it continues working for her

Last edited by Clover : 05-12-2017 at 12:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-12-2017, 04:26 PM
Suspended
I used to own one. I did have a couple nightmares after the first week of having it. They were not very bad nightmares though and I got the sense that the dreamcatcher was simply clearing them out by letting me have the nightmares.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:28 PM
Master
I've never owned one, although I've bought one for my little nephew. However, hanging up on my wall is a metal star and along side that an aerial made from string, twigs, shells and stones collected from the beach ~ suppose they do the same thing :)

I guess that I tend to fall asleep quicker, and my dream recall (waking up during the night) is better.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:11 PM
Master
u can get grt 1s or try mak 1 yore slf u can
i got 1 yday if i saed it fell on me i bort it for a reson u wud thng im nuts i did by it coz it fell on me coz it seam 2 powr me lk by me wish i did just need 2 put it up

Old 06-12-2017, 10:37 PM
Administrator
I cant remember how old I was when I had my first Dream Catcher, it was that long ago I have had many more since .

Namaste
Old 06-12-2017, 10:39 PM
Master
i feal lk im hookt on thm i do

Old 06-12-2017, 11:15 PM
Newbie ;)

Does it matter where in the room the dreamcatcher is hung? Is it supposed to be more effective if hung close to the bed?