Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 28-10-2017, 10:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
There are at least as many definitions/concepts of love as there are people as some talk about different kinds of love. Honestly, this forum has deterred me from using the word, favouring something more specific: passion, yearning, adoration, at rest with someone, romantic excitement, lust; with unconditional love being the exception - a rare supremacy. I worked out that most emotions around "love" come from basic drives being suppressed holding someone back from something/ someone they want.
Mm... for me, true love is by its very nature unconditional, and all-inclusive. If one's attentions are fixated on a particular person, that to me is more likely to be obsession, infatuation, attachment, and/or neediness. I think people very often confuse those things for true love, but in truth I think they're fuelled by an underlying sense of lack.
Old 28-10-2017, 06:20 PM
Knower
Are you in it right now?
How did you meet? What have you been through? When did you know they were the one?
Are you alone? Do you miss someone? What happened?

Hearts out to all

I have feelings for someone, but it's super complicated.
To summarize things...
My friend works at a store with some guy that she calls positive.
It grabbed my attention because where i live, people aren't usually so positive...and positivity is a nice trait.
I would 'stalk' him at the store and eventually became attracted to him. As my feelings for him grew, I thought he'd recognized my face, and one day when I looked at him, he looked sad.
Well, I was misinterpreting things....
See, I'm shy around people I don't know, so I would 'stalk' him but get scared and make myself seem cold.
The day I saw him sad, i thought he was sad because he thought i was ignoring him! Assuming he was attracted to me too, I wrote him a letter saying basically i think he's cute, and I'm sorry he's sad, and i want to say goodbye because my feelings for him for so strong that i couldn't focus on important things in my life.
My friend ended up giving it to him because i chickened out. >.<
That night, he txted my friend saying thanks so much but why did you say bye when you didn't say hi?
I felt so embarassed!!

Well, anyways, we ended up txting each other...
he was sad that day, but it wasn't because of me, he never recognized me and so he doesn't have feelings for me...
we talked a few hours, but i ended up saying goodbye because my feelings were keeping me from focusing on important things.
...next night, i couldn't sleep and was sweating. I suddenly decided to txt him! we talked a bit for a few days, we even met once in person, but since he didn't have feelings for me because he only knew me a week, my heart was so sad. You know when you're into someone, you have expectations?
Yeah...one sided feelings were not good. Also, liking him opened up terrible hearbreak wounds from the past.
I cried thinking that one day he'd cheat on me or that something terrible was going to happen at some point if we ended up together.

So i wrote an emotional goodbye to him...
One week later, i txted him again.
I was thinking that maybe my feelings for him were actually platonic and so maybe it would be ok to be friends.
So just a few days ago i txted him if it's ok we be friends? He said yeah, but i keep txting him at the wrong times.

I'm the one stressing out and he still doesn't has feelings for me, but i just wished he'd make me feel like he cares like i do....but i can't because he doesn't know me well enough.
*sigh*

Everything just seems like bad timing....
I have the dark night of the soul and liking him gives me strong ambivalent feelings, yet i want him in my life...at the same time i'm really scared....
and i'm also defining him by his life choices, which i know is bad, but i can't help it... He smokes, drinks, had a child in high school...i don't smoke, drink, and want a child after marriage.
But he is a nice guy and everything he does is so cute to me...

smoking and drinking though,i can try to look past....but he has a child and he's not with the mother of the child because they broke off, and i guess i've always dreamed of loving someone who would wait until marriage to be 'intimate in bed...'

Man, everything is really confusing for me.....
Well, right now we're friends...but he's dealing with his own issues and there's a lot of bad timing involved between us.
Old 28-10-2017, 09:36 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Renew
That night, he txted my friend saying thanks so much but why did you say bye when you didn't say hi?
I felt so embarassed!!

Aw thats cute.
If theres one thing ive learned, its to not give a bleep how others see you. Do what is on your mind, say what you think, be weird, be yourself.

It doesnt matter what they think, but at least they'll have an opinion as long as they notice you
Old 29-10-2017, 07:29 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucely
Aw thats cute.
If theres one thing ive learned, its to not give a bleep how others see you. Do what is on your mind, say what you think, be weird, be yourself.

It doesnt matter what they think, but at least they'll have an opinion as long as they notice you

Your reply reminds of the saying, "You do you."
Aha, thanks.