Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 17-09-2017, 02:24 AM
Master
Psychic Ability Questions, Concerns

Hello everyone.

I wanted to bring a topic to light to address some things concerning me, I wanted to know if others can relate, I do not know exactly where to post this. To start, is posting topics on Psychic abilities, or those who read psychically permitted in this forum section? The section says to discuss mediumship. I have ability but I do not often work with the dead. It is rare that I work with the deceased and am usually approached by the deceased, I do not seek to work in this area. But, I do have some comments, questions on psychism as of late.

First is how it works, or how it is normally perceived by others. Does anyone else feel that others come to you expecting you to essentially be Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) from the tv series Charmed?

As if I am wandering through the day and my gift works like a premonition that flashes across my view like a movie telling me exactly what is going to happen in two years?

This isn't how it works for me. I usually pick up on current situations others are in. I don't pick up their relatives passed. I do not know whether someone is going to have a skiing accident next month and break their collar bone. I am able to pick up emotional energies of present day issues and situations or past issues and circumstances. I am able to pick up a living person's energy.

I read Astrological charts for others. I look at the planets at the time of an individual's birth and get a sense of their energy. I am asked often if I can see the future.

I apologize but my intuition does not work in such a way.

I am wondering if anyone else experiences this? Picking up the energies of living people?

Can anyone see the future? Could you please elaborate on how this is done? Because for the life of me I can't and I truly feel that because I honestly tell people I am sorry I can not see your future- like it somehow means I have no gifts, and that even if I do, they are looked at as pretty arbitrary because they do not involve seeing the future or communicating with the dead.

I do not even understand what to call it. What do you call the ability to read the energy of others, and current situations happening in their lives?

Does anyone even understand what I am saying? Not telling the future or communicating with the dead? Is there anyone else here who does this, or knows exactly of what I am referring?

I have no mediumship ability. I wish I did. Atleast then I'd be able to describe what it is exactly I do. Right now I am at a loss of words.

Thank you all for listening.
Old 17-09-2017, 09:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Hello everyone.

I do not even understand what to call it. What do you call the ability to read the energy of others, and current situations happening in their lives?

Does anyone even understand what I am saying? Not telling the future or communicating with the dead? Is there anyone else here who does this, or knows exactly of what I am referring?

I have no mediumship ability. I wish I did. Atleast then I'd be able to describe what it is exactly I do. Right now I am at a loss of words.

Thank you all for listening.

Hello,

When I do these things I call it telepathy. I have been called a medium because I can converse with all spirits, living and dead(spirit is never dead?). When I do this connection, the degree of conscious awareness varies quite a bit. You can call it telepathy when a person is conscious of the connection and mediumship when they are not.

We get stuck using terms in our society. I do one thing, read a person's energy, then depending on their awareness level, I am either a medium or a telepath??

How I read a person's energy is by connecting telepathically with them. May be if you describe how you read another's energy, some psychics are quite adept at this, then we can put you into that classification.

I say forget about the words and the terms we use for these things. It is much better to understand how things work for you and proceed from there to evolve those skills.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 21-09-2017, 12:24 AM
Master
Hello. My response will be in the below text in green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello,

When I do these things I call it telepathy. I have been called a medium because I can converse with all spirits, living and dead(spirit is never dead?). When I do this connection, the degree of conscious awareness varies quite a bit. You can call it telepathy when a person is conscious of the connection and mediumship when they are not.

By a spirit dead or communicating with the dead I mean a human spirit or soul what have you no longer in the physical realm, but passed over to the spirit realm or realm of spirit. For quite a long while I had begun to think that this was not a possibility, until I remembered an encounter when in my younger years with a spirit whom claimed to be an uncle and who wanted to bring a message to my grandfather, this has been the only time I have been able to communicate with a possible human, and what's more benign spirit. For whatever reason the spirits that come to me are not quite the same as this spirit was, that is to say they do not seem to have lived a human physical life, and could be called anything but benign. This is not something I do willfully. It is simply the way it is. Those are the spirits that usually come to me. More often than not they are not benign. Or human past. I do not understand what you mean by someone not being conscious of the connection, could you possibly explain this more if you do not mind?

We get stuck using terms in our society. I do one thing, read a person's energy, then depending on their awareness level, I am either a medium or a telepath??

How I read a person's energy is by connecting telepathically with them. May be if you describe how you read another's energy, some psychics are quite adept at this, then we can put you into that classification.

In the case of reading for others I look at their natal astrology chart and I try to pick up the energies of the chart and attempt to pick up on what is going on currently in their life, and sometimes characteristics they have that could help them, sometimes there may be things they need to heal emotionally. I look at the present and have been able to pick up on the past. I do not call it telepathy, although I will say it is possible that is what it is, rather I call it intuition, or reading energy. I also have done tarot. I do not often do tarot for others. I do not feel as comfortable with it, I am unsure of myself- in the case of tarot I have been able to pick up a future family event. I do not have much practice reading future for others. I do not often even attempt it, I am still unsure of abilities in this area for one and for another I simply may not want to know. I have also been able to read the future through intuition at one or two times with certain circumstances- knowing when a gift is coming to me, and knowing when a stack of boxes were about to fall on top of me, and pushing them back into place as they were falling. My co-worker saw and responded with surprise and then for whatever reason proceeded to call me names. She was surprised I knew it was going to happen right as it began to. The name calling was simply unnecessary.

I say forget about the words and the terms we use for these things. It is much better to understand how things work for you and proceed from there to evolve those skills.

As with any skill I like to know what it is I am doing. This includes what to call it that others might understand. The point of communication is indeed for understanding.

Thank you very much for your response John. I wouldf like to work on intuitive abilities but have been struggling attempting different skills ways of reading for others. I am trying to work through the fear of trying.

John
Old 21-09-2017, 02:55 PM
Master
Hello,

The term you use 'intuitive abilities' is fine with me. It does not require an additional classification. Yes working through this fear of trying/doing it is quite understandable. Consider that in past lives you were killed for doing these things. That memory is still in your body, but not your brain.

I do a considerable number of what we call telepathy sessions with others. They are conscious of our connection as we exchange energies and concepts. When I receive some thing like that from a person when we are not doing a session by appointment, some times they are aware they sent me this information but most of the time they are not. My intuition picks up the insights from their subconscious/higher self/soul/body awareness. I get it from them in a way that their intellect is not aware of. I hope this explanation is helpful. I suspect that you do the some thing similar as you read others.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 21-09-2017, 03:12 PM
Experiencer

Hi, from my understanding everyone's abilities or mix of them are as unique as the individual. And even people who do channel can't always access every level of consciousness to channel from. Not sure if I am using the right wording haha. I sometimes see glimpses into the future based on patterns. It is not something I actually do at will. It just happens all at once, but most of the other stuff I can't usually do. I wouldnt worry about it. Everyone is unique. Maybe seeing the future isnt your thing. Maybe just tell your clients that's not one of the things you do in the beginning.

Take nothing I say too much to heart. I am just speculating. Hope that helps!
Old 23-09-2017, 04:34 PM
Master
Hello,

Brief background, I do readings for people using oracle cards and other types of cards multiple times a week and sometimes for 8 hours a day seeing a client every 20 mins. Occasionally and if asked to do so I see Beings associated/accompanying them.

My understanding of how it all works is we are 'reading' math mathematical probabilities based on current energies. So this means if they were to make a radical change suddenly anything that was seen at the previous energy would be unlikely to come true. This is rare though. Usually things seen in the near future do come to pass. As we move out to 1-4 months in advance though random energy influence effect timelines so much that it's not worth saying what is seen as it may well not come to pass. I used the stock market to study this. Things seen within 2 weeks are pretty stable and likely to come to pass close to as seen, beyond that it gets 'wobbly' with each passing day.

Divining the future is based on Inquiry (asking questions). The better the question is phrased the more precise the results. I find how the question is phrased is critical.
Hope that helps :)
Old 24-09-2017, 03:29 PM
Master
Hi.

Thank you all for your thoughts and help. I am still thinking of some things, but that is to be expected.

I have been thinking much about past lives, and lately different ways of practicing intuition. I am also confused about spirit guides at this time and have been for quite a while.

I essentially need to take some time for reflection.

Thank you guys very much, you have been most helpful.

Blessings.
Old 25-09-2017, 09:57 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
I have been thinking much about past lives, and lately different ways of practicing intuition. I am also confused about spirit guides at this time and have been for quite a while.
I too have been confused about spirit guides. Though lately I have been using a mental visualizing method where upon I visit the spirit guide rather than the guide visit me.
I have had some good results, meeting the guide half-way so to speak, in the hope of being guided further along.

On past lives, I have no real interest.
I've tried using trance-work, but found it very exhausting. Getting only dim colourless footage that left me nauseated. I'm sure practice makes perfect, but ... meh

I had been wondering about future events, I might add before reading your posts. And it seemed to me that there should to be some sort of grounding point in order to solidify the experience; separating the real from the unreal. By which I mean, what may be very intense and flighty speculation from a highly psychic probability.
This train of thought had caused me to shiver. It was as if the cold snowy winter light of day had shone cleanly through my living soul. All too quickly!
I was unable to get a clear fix on anything other than the weather,
of which I'm certain was only partly memory.
Old 25-09-2017, 04:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea
I had been wondering about future events, I might add before reading your posts. And it seemed to me that there should to be some sort of grounding point in order to solidify the experience; separating the real from the unreal. By which I mean, what may be very intense and flighty speculation from a highly psychic probability.
This train of thought had caused me to shiver. It was as if the cold snowy winter light of day had shone cleanly through my living soul. All too quickly!
I was unable to get a clear fix on anything other than the weather,
of which I'm certain was only partly memory.

Pick a volatile stock on the stock market. On Monday view what it will close at on Friday, write it down. Come Friday see what it closed at.
Do that a few months. Then move the date out - look two weeks in advance. Check the closing price - do that for a few months.
Keep moving it out - it'll give you a really good idea how prediction works and the wobble that happens with elapsed time.
This helped me immensely.
Old 26-09-2017, 03:53 AM
Newbie ;)

When I was a kid I could look into my own future and see the probabilities of this or that happening. I did not really have the same ability when it came to other people or events which I am thankful for looking back now.

I remember that it was somewhat a pain in the rear to decipher time to pin point say a date of something occurring in my life or an age I would be when X happened. For those that do predict things or the television psychics that can rattle off a list of things occurring and when I have a strong feeling of their predictions being wrong either as not happening at all or dates off. It is not an easy thing to "predict" things happening with certainty or at least getting the date and time right.

For me it was like feeling for an ever expanding ribbon that you couldn't quite get a hold of no matter how much you try. Then the ribbon splits off into hundreds of thousands of copies and your like, what the hell, which one am I suppose to follow? It gets crazy.. Though for me it was more a feeling thing than actually seeing say a ribbon, I just felt the energy waves I guess but if I got too caught up in it I would feel like throwing up because I would get really dizzy.