Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 31-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Knower

Magic/Affirmations and Word Exactness

For any who perform magic, what is your experience with the necessity to be precise with words? Is there any room for creativity?

I know the old adage about the person who performs a money spell, then has a relative die and leave them an inheritance. My issue isn't exactly with something like that.

I'm trying to reinforce my personal energy boundaries, and also help deplete some fear that has been throwing me for a loop for far too long.

And my issue is with the word invisible. It technically means not to see. But you can say seeing is to perceive something, not necessarily just with your eyes.

Of course, invisible does me no good if other avenues such as hearing, feeling, touching, etc. are left open.

Mind you, I am wanting to stick with invisible because it is brief and there is less for me to stumble over. When I'm walking around in public I have to be on guard and paying attention to keep my body from being moved by a spiritual parasite that has gotten too entrenched into my energy field. If I relax my muscles, they move my body. So it just makes it easier on me if they are turning the heat up mentally to not be trying to recite this heavily worded incantation. Because I still need to be able to give enough focus to actually releasing my fear and distancing myself from their nonsense, while also not turning into something like the exorcist movie in public.

I know many people say it is in the mind and intent. And the intent to me seems as such that it won't necessarily get polluted by the means of execution.

But some also say you need to be very careful with how you say things for the sake of your subconscious understanding your meaning.

I don't know.

What is your experience with such things? I mean again, is there room for creativity in phrasing?

Thank you.

(May I note that I really don't want to get into the discussion of the spiritual parasites here, that is not what I'm asking about, and if you want more details, I have umpteen million threads where I've gone into this issue, so you're free to read up if you want)
Old 31-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Guide

If you want to create personal energy boundaries why don't you just use that term?

Are you looking more for suggestions of different terms which mean energy boundaries?
Old 01-09-2017, 08:39 PM
Lorelyen

Yes, you need to be precise, not only with words but visualisations if you're doing ritual magick, with the right correspondences like incenses, colours, eucharist.

If you want rid of this parasite spirit there are various issues. A banishment may work. If it doesn't and you want to bring the spirit out to chain it down you'd be into some advanced stuff about which I can't help. I've read about evocation. There are antique rituals; there might be things more up to date, like drawing and working with kamea squares but whether you'd draw them forward or reverse depends what you want to do.

A meditation may even work where you objectify this spirit - manifest it in your vision before you then, depending on your temperament, ask it nicely to leave in peace and return to where it came from because you have no quarrel with it. Or blast it apart with a bolt of energy immediately replacing it with "goodness" maybe a luminous blue life force speckled with starlight drawn into you; a violet or pink light, anyway, an atmosphere visualised as light that you find particularly peaceful but energising.

Old 03-09-2017, 03:32 PM
Master

Hi Ianm1192,

Since in Spiritual Forums, this is the General Beliefs Forum , for “any other spiritual and metaphysical discussions”, I’d like to offer the following in response to your OP:

Quote:
For any who perform magic, what is your experience with the necessity to be precise with words? Is there any room for creativity?

I know the old adage about the person who performs a money spell, then has a relative die and leave them an inheritance. My issue isn't exactly with something like that.

Sure it is.
And in said approach, it is virtually unavoidable.

Ritual complexity; intellectual management of excruciating detail; reality manipulation; wants, desires, dislikes, etc.

It’s trying to be a self-styled ‘god’ by having ‘reality’ surrender to one’s own ‘power’.

Just a suggestion, but…
Why don’t you try spirituality?

e.g. Surrendering in some way, to God’s Love, Compassion, Will/Vision for you.

This is infinitely more certain, more expeditious, more satisfying; less tedious, less fraught, less subject to the vagaries of one’s own obscurity.

And there’s that vexing invisibility issue you introduced, that is often mysteriously so clear, but only in retrospect (with or without regret!).

Of course, if ‘God’ is the anthropomorphic male senior-citizen embodiment of Aversion to ‘my’ autonomy, then this presumed definition, attitude, and orientation could perhaps be more seriously meditated on and examined for the purpose of a deeper more holistic and truly subjective circumspective reality expansion and transformation - which seems to be exactly the object intended according to your OP anyway - only through a more effective, more meaningful and more satisfying means....

That being: by direct Identity…iow - allowing God to appropriately be the ‘Magician’, which does btw happen to involve a significant Creativity. But importantly, that creativity both aspires to and utilizes truth-consciousness as its means, whereby one becomes the instrument of Truth, vs. the mere wannabe puppet-master of forms and forces.

Just my tuppenceworth & I hope I've as well been sufficiently precise with words.

~ J
Old 03-11-2017, 12:24 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

Hi Ianm1192,

Since in Spiritual Forums, this is the General Beliefs Forum , for “any other spiritual and metaphysical discussions”, I’d like to offer the following in response to your OP:

Sure it is.
And in said approach, it is virtually unavoidable.

Ritual complexity; intellectual management of excruciating detail; reality manipulation; wants, desires, dislikes, etc.

It’s trying to be a self-styled ‘god’ by having ‘reality’ surrender to one’s own ‘power’.

Just a suggestion, but…
Why don’t you try spirituality?

e.g. Surrendering in some way, to God’s Love, Compassion, Will/Vision for you.

This is infinitely more certain, more expeditious, more satisfying; less tedious, less fraught, less subject to the vagaries of one’s own obscurity.

And there’s that vexing invisibility issue you introduced, that is often mysteriously so clear, but only in retrospect (with or without regret!).

Of course, if ‘God’ is the anthropomorphic male senior-citizen embodiment of Aversion to ‘my’ autonomy, then this presumed definition, attitude, and orientation could perhaps be more seriously meditated on and examined for the purpose of a deeper more holistic and truly subjective circumspective reality expansion and transformation - which seems to be exactly the object intended according to your OP anyway - only through a more effective, more meaningful and more satisfying means....

That being: by direct Identity…iow - allowing God to appropriately be the ‘Magician’, which does btw happen to involve a significant Creativity. But importantly, that creativity both aspires to and utilizes truth-consciousness as its means, whereby one becomes the instrument of Truth, vs. the mere wannabe puppet-master of forms and forces.

Just my tuppenceworth & I hope I've as well been sufficiently precise with words.

~ J

You appear to be speaking of one particular god, though you do not name a religion.

The source god I believe in is so completely nuetral, I can borrow energy from them but they will not act in anyone's favor. Unless of course I am wrong about there being no purpose. But then comes the messy issue of did they intend for me to suffer or to be relieved from suffering? When? Etc. There is no fighting against the will of the divine when there is a fated purpose. So prayer and asking for favors is hopeless.

Unless of course they change their mind. And I suppose if they had any desire to do so they could manage well enough the various strings affected. But I don't know. It all seems rather convoluted, and at the end of the day, any spiritual force could be communicating meaning and purpose to me, and it all might sound very pretty and appease my sensibilities. But that doesn't mean I know who or what I am communicating with, what true authority they have, and whether or not they are being honest with me.

As for picking a deity to work with, I only want to work with deities who do not require me to dedicate eternal or life long servitude to them. Although if I were capable of reaching them convincingly enough to debate a fair agreement, I may consider it.

Given my current state of being, this is impossible unless through another practitioner.

Also, not being able to communicate effectively with being makes me nervous to try and work with most, given my own behaviour patterns and not wanting to unwittingly draw out the wrath of any god or goddess.

I'm sure there is a force of love I can call upon, but even then, when dealing with independent beings I'm not entirely sure who is answering or who I'm working with- I've come to realize recently that even malevolent forces can put on a pretty face and seem good.

And if I am specifically calling upon an energy and not an independent being, well, I am still working with having to learn to harness these things myself.

So I'm not certain whether you are preaching a particular religious path or not. You said why don't I try spirituality, so I would assume not.

Thing is, I tried the new age version of spirituality. And for awhile it was calming. But eventually, **** kept hitting the fan. I can't quite look at spirituality with the same puppy dog and roses view of things as I did before. And I'm not quite sure I should be either. Existence is both good and bad. And I think we find truth more readily in balance.

I don't think our purpose and beings are love. Love is very utilitarian for our species. But when we go beyond ourselves into the greater world, well, there is so much more. And quite frankly existence can and will eat us up. Sometimes because we did things wrong and sometimes just because we are unlucky.

I can't pretend to have the ultimate answers of how the spiritual world works, because I frankly cannot verify anything one way or another. All I can say is what makes sense to me based on my experience. And if there is a force of love out there they have their own plans that aren't quite including what I want. And I don't have the patience to wait for them when I am quite incapable of putting absolute faith into them.

Besides I don't care who or what has made what plans for me. It is my life and I am the one affected. I know others are too, by extension, but not having this knowledge, I need to do what I can to help myself.

Because quite frankly, any deity could sweep down and pull out these malevolent spirits well enough. They could make more of an effort, more of a dent. And as things improved, I could very easily start to take control and do more myself and prevent this from ever happening again.

For whatever reason they can't or they won't. So why should I wait around for them?
Old 04-11-2017, 12:25 AM
Master
Words have great power. Different word combinations do different things. Intent is also complex, like a color, it has millions of different shades. One word combination can be used many times over but with a different intent each time, leading to a different result each time.

Getting a specific effect from a combination of words + intent is complex, think of magic like alchemy. The words are one ingredient, probably the easier one to work with. The intent is another ingredient. Mixing them haphazardly like an apprentice would is dangerous. People should practice long and hard before they attempt anything as dangerous as magic. I don't even believe in magic really, only unexplained phenomena, but having experienced "magic" before I know there is something there. Maybe not potions, dragons, witches, and demons, but certainly more than science is currently willing to accept.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:21 AM
Master
Instead of the word "invisible", try "intangible".

That is all.