Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 15-06-2018, 12:49 AM
Knower

Crystal Charging do's and don't's

Are there any general do's and don't's for charging your crystals? eg. can you have more than one intention for larger crystals? Does intention, moonlight/sunlight work better when you want to "deprogram/recharge" them?
Old 15-06-2018, 01:41 AM
Administrator
Cleansing

Whenever you get a new crystal or have been using one for a period of time, they have been exposed to a lot of different energies. They too might have been laying around for some and maybe been handled by others.

Some will suggest it is important to cleanse them when obtained and on a regular basis. For some this is daily, others suggest weekly or bi weekly or with the moon cycles.

There are several recommended methods.

1) Salt Water (not one that works well with all crystals) Soaking them in a water and sea salt mix for 1 to 24 hours.

2) Dry Salt – a much safer option, place sea salt in a bowl and put the crystal in the salt. It is recommended that the salt be rinsed from the crystal after this cleansing.

3) Cluster Cleansing – Placing crystals in a raw Amethyst node or a cluster Quartz. This will mean that the cluster will absorb the negative energy and replace it with cleansed healthy energy.

4) Smudging the burning of a Smudge Stick or Incense Stick, making sure to hold the crystal in the direct smoke. Or you can use a Feather Wand to move the smoke.

5) Visualization using your own thoughts. This is as simple as seeing the crystal in a ball of white or golden light. Do this when your mood is high and you feel in a place of contentment.

After Cleansing there is the need to energize them again.

1) Water, 10 minutes in a glass of water or with running water flowing over them.

2) Sunshine or Moonlight for a day or two. It is not good to leave certain colored stones in direct sunlight as they can fade.

3) Physical Contact just holding them in the palm of your hand. Some feel that your natural body energy is enough to bring them into harmony.

Progrmaing your crystals here again Smug can be used or simply sitting with a crystal in your palm or in front of you (if its large) and setting an affirmation over and into it. This is where you do need to be clear on what it is you’re expecting from it, and it from you. Do not over do this with too many request.

Lynn
Old 15-06-2018, 11:36 PM
Knower

Thank you for all the info Lynn, I have used the dry rock salt method once before.
I'll be sure to keep all this in mind.
Old 15-06-2018, 11:51 PM
Master
Charging?
I must admit I hardly ever do. I don't feel they need to. Hardly ever. I happened to have put a larger Lemurian Ice crystal outdoors on the grass this afternoon, in the sun, so it could charge. But I seriously hardly ever do this. I feel they keep themselves charged, with the help of all the other crystals in my home.
When you got mostly high vibrational crystals they keep themselves pretty much cleansed & charged.
I do have a few not so high vibrational crystals from the days where I first began with crystals. These need more work. But I hardly ever use those as they don't resonate with me so well anymore.
But the other ones, the high ones, help those too.

As for cleansing, I hardly ever do that at all, same thing, hardly ever necessary. Plus, I got too many crystals, so thank goodness it isn't needed that much.
I intuitively feel when a crystal does need it, and then I put them in water. That is enough. 12-24 hrs in water and they've gotten rid of most everything.
Since most clutter is emotional, and water is perfect for cleansing that, more is rarely needed.

It does depend on how vibrational your crystals are, how many you got (I think I got close to 400 so they create quite the energyfield) and also how much is going on in their and your environment. Is there lots of stress, negative energy?
I live alone, so no arguments and so on. I was in an abusive relationship before moving out, then I needed to cleanse AND charge my crystals regularly. Not just with water, but the whole lot: water, soil, air, fire.

In any case, if you want to use water, check if the crystals can handle that. Not all can (calcite, selenite, pyrite will rust at some point, chrysocolla, apatite and so on).

I don't program crystals. I do tell them to not use more than 80% of their energy in general or when I am working with them. That is so they always have 20% reserve to keep themselves charged and cleansed. A neat 'trick' I learnt on a course :)
Old 16-06-2018, 12:28 AM
Experiencer

Make sure you dont put certain crystals in water such as selenite ( Which doesnt need to charge)and celestite and certain matrix will dissolve. Sunlight can fade certain crystals color. Moonlight (Full Moon) is best.

I clear crystals with sage outsideand charge them with Selenite to me this is the safest option and wont damage the crystals.
If I am positive that water wont damage them and I have the time I charge them under a full moon and set intentions under a new moon.

It is better to set only one intention per crystal however if I make a peice of jewlery for someone that I know then I will bless it with my energy for certain things. For Example I just wire wrapped a peice of Botswana Agate. It is already a protection and fertility stone, but I also blessed it to help her get pregnant and protect her and the baby through her pregnancy. I never set more than two though.

Good luck sweetie.
Namaste`
Old 16-06-2018, 01:06 AM
Experiencer
So let me get this right, you can charge a crystal with the sun, moon, water or air, soil or salt. You can even charge it by holding it or even just thinking about it. Maybe we should have a thread on how to not charge them
Old 16-06-2018, 01:30 AM
Experiencer

We should do a thread strictly on charging and intentions.

There are a lot of ways to charge crystals and set intentions plus we could do full and new moon reminders for the different locations :)

Certain crystals like citrine can fade in the sun, I would think minerals would prefer soil charging since they come from the soil. Hmm....what does everyone think?

Namaste`
Old 16-06-2018, 09:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
So let me get this right, you can charge a crystal with the sun, moon, water or air, soil or salt. You can even charge it by holding it or even just thinking about it. Maybe we should have a thread on how to not charge them
Salt is not for charging but for cleansing. Salt absorbs negative energy.
Old 16-06-2018, 09:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compendium
We should do a thread strictly on charging and intentions.

There are a lot of ways to charge crystals and set intentions plus we could do full and new moon reminders for the different locations :)

Certain crystals like citrine can fade in the sun, I would think minerals would prefer soil charging since they come from the soil. Hmm....what does everyone think?

Namaste`
Sun... crystals don't fade from a few hours of sun every now and then. It takes quite some time for that to happen.
I've had 3 amethyst in full sun (south) for half a year or longer, night and day. None of them faded.
Have another yellowish quartz that I wouldn't mind fading. It has been in the sun, same window on the south so full stinking hot sun. It has been there for nearly 6 years. No fading whatsoever.
So don't be so afraid to use sun.

Soil... depends on what you want to clear. Be mindful to tell the crystal to not start cleansing/charging the soil (garden, plant). And don't use potting soil --> it's too acidic. It'll damage your crystals. Been there before with a new carnelian.
Old 16-06-2018, 02:47 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Salt is not for charging but for cleansing. Salt absorbs negative energy.

Not according to Lynn.