Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 05-06-2018, 07:06 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownparadox
I myself never looked for any reward, if I do a good deed. It's just a kick in the teeth to take a loss for doing it. Whether it's emotional, financial, or physical.

Today it occurred to me that there is something even more painful than that "kick in the teeth" - not to help or offer assistance when you see someone in need. I have done it twice, went against what my heart wanted me to do, and those moments still haunt me today.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:30 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
What is a so called "good deed" anyway?
I myself define a good deed as a selfless act. One in which you do some thing for the betterment of some one or some thing without expectations of a reward. But I suppose you have to believe that good and evil exist in order to do good or evil.

Quote:
And why would someone be compelled to do them?
Good question. To better the human race? Kindness and compassion are traits humans are born with?
Old 09-06-2018, 10:33 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma
Today it occurred to me that there is something even more painful than that "kick in the teeth" - not to help or offer assistance when you see someone in need. I have done it twice, went against what my heart wanted me to do, and those moments still haunt me today.
I'm sorry to hear that. Some times you can't save every one. Don't be to hard on yourself.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:35 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
I guess you'd be in the same spot if you'd charged full price.
LOL. Not exactly, but a spot none the less.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator
I have never heard that saying before Miss H. But a lot of things are new to me.

I wonder if it might mean when a person does genuinely good deeds they are on a spiritual course which is not in perfect harmony with many gross ways of an imperfect World. However a spiritual course which is true to core values.
And that being such Souls, they can frequently feel that life is harsh for them ?
Very loving and giving people find the harshness of life here very difficult to cope with sometimes.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:30 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownparadox
I'm sorry to hear that. Some times you can't save every one. Don't be to hard on yourself.

Thanks. I'm working on that.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:34 AM
Suspended
Seeker

It means, Because you have done this, thIs Good deed, in an unfortunate event, this is what you will have come at ya with and because of it, hence unpunished.

So in saying:No good deed goes unpunished, it means even when you do good, sh*t can happen to you even then.
Old 10-06-2018, 04:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by uloDoe Youn
It means, Because you have done this, thIs Good deed, in an unfortunate event, this is what you will have come at ya with and because of it, hence unpunished.

So in saying:No good deed goes unpunished, it means even when you do good, sh*t can happen to you even then.

Or it means, the so called good deeds will not give you a free ride, one still has to deal with the solid waste (perhaps this is more exceptionable) one might have created in the past.

Last edited by Rah nam : 10-06-2018 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:58 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
No good deed goes unpunished.
Any exp with it?

I don't exactly get it.
I'll take all views. Thanks.

For me it is meaningless too.

No good deed goes unrewarded should it be called.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:02 PM
Wink

Hahahaha, some of these were priceless! Thank you all for posting!!!!
I don't have the ans...but, sometimes I see it is quite the phenomenon.

A classic...you help someone by the side of the road, then get hit by a car.
Ya give a homeless guy some money on the street and he punches ya!
Go figure!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru