Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 13-05-2018, 01:04 PM
Ascender
How can stretch a wonderful moment?

Ever have those moments, for whatever inexplicable reason feel wonderful.

It's a little after 8 AM this Sunday morning. The air is Springtime cool but not chilly, slightly cloudy but with hints of the blue sky. I am sitting in my bed looking out my window. I see and hear these lovely birds and watch squirrels scamper about the trees. There is nothing particularly special about this Sunday, but it feel so promising. Promising of what I don't know. Moments like these always seem so fleeting.

Is there a way to stretch these moments out? I could sit in bed all day, still the day marches on, and with it, this moment. Everything passes. Is there a way to capture this magic more often?
Old 13-05-2018, 03:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
Ever have those moments, for whatever inexplicable reason feel wonderful.

It's a little after 8 AM this Sunday morning. The air is Springtime cool but not chilly, slightly cloudy but with hints of the blue sky. I am sitting in my bed looking out my window. I see and hear these lovely birds and watch squirrels scamper about the trees. There is nothing particularly special about this Sunday, but it feel so promising. Promising of what I don't know. Moments like these always seem so fleeting.

Is there a way to stretch these moments out? I could sit in bed all day, still the day marches on, and with it, this moment. Everything passes. Is there a way to capture this magic more often?

Everything is in flux, nothing lasts forever. Your ' Wonderful moment ' has touched you because it felt different from previous moments, happier or content etc: but that also comes to an end, and life goes on Each moment can be wonderful, it depends on how you perceive your moments....
Old 13-05-2018, 03:33 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Everything is in flux, nothing lasts forever. Your ' Wonderful moment ' has touched you because it felt different from previous moments, happier or content etc: but that also comes to an end, and life goes on

Yes. This is so true that nothing lasts forever. I was reflecting on this a little while ago. Maybe the moment is something to be treasured while it's here but gently released.

Quote:
Each moment can be wonderful, it depends on how you perceive your moments....

I think it depends on your state of mind. Sometimes the daily monotony overshadows those perfect moments.
Old 13-05-2018, 04:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes. This is so true that nothing lasts forever. I was reflecting on this a little while ago. Maybe the moment is something to be treasured while it's here but gently released.

I think it depends on your state of mind. Sometimes the daily monotony overshadows those perfect moments.

Everything comes from the mind even wonderful/monotonous They are just thoughts.
Old 13-05-2018, 05:19 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Everything comes from the mind even wonderful/monotonous They are just thoughts.

Seems a bit nihilistic way looking at things.
Old 13-05-2018, 05:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Seems a bit nihilistic way looking at things.

No not at all, if your feelings don't come from your thoughts where do they come from?

The mind is everything, you become what you think.
Old 13-05-2018, 06:04 PM
Ascender
Quote:
No not at all, if your feelings don't come from your thoughts where do they come from?

The mind is everything, you become what you think.

Partly internal, partly external.
Old 13-05-2018, 07:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Partly internal, partly external.

Internal/external what?
Old 14-05-2018, 02:55 PM
Master

Quote:

How can stretch a wonderful moment?
Is there a way to stretch these moments out? [...]
Everything passes. Is there a way to capture this magic more often?

Hi Flexi-Girl,
One word:
gratitude.

~ J