Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 05-08-2014, 06:40 AM
Master
Are The Majority Of Spiritual Mediums Wrong

Most of the messages received at my local Spiritualist Church were wrong

This was within a period of 6 months

Only one medium stood out giving messages to everybody in 5 minute segments

She told me something that only me, my dad and my stepmother knew

Anyone had the same experience?

https://www.facebook.com/Sean Baker
https://twitter.com/Sean Baker
[/color]
Old 06-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Master

Yes, I've had that happen to me. Like you I've had a medium give me messages from family on the other side that were absolutely right on, even using the words and syntax of the deceased person! And I've had other mediums give me messages that I just did not relate to.

I don't know what happens but there is a very popular medium in my area who can attract big crowds but he's losing his touch I think - he prompts and prods and people are not as satisfied with him as they used to be.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Deactivated Account

I think most of them are wrong.. but there are some genuine ones.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Manifesting29/11

I find it helpful to get information from two skilled psychics. If they confirm each other, I am certainly going to listen very carefully to the message.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:17 AM
Master

Hi Serenity,
It may be worth considering, that a Spiritual medium reflects a Spiritual source reflection. If what they reflect is `not` a Spiritual source reflection, then they are not Spiritual mediums in that reflection. The right and wrong of it, is more reflective of whether they are Spiritual mediums, rather than whether Spiritual mediums are `wrong`.
Old 27-10-2014, 09:04 PM
mick

Hi,
As a frequent visitor to spiritualist churches, i have come to the conclusion that about 90% of platform mediums are not very good. They may believe they are genuine but they fish for clues from the audience. Of the remaining 10% i think around 8% are quite good. They give information that only you would know. That leaves 2 out of 100 who i think are the real deal. They know things about you that they shouldn`t know.
Never expect too much from a visit to a spiritualist church. It may take 7 visits before you get a message yourself. The more you go, the more you will be able to seperate the good from the not so good but above all, enjoy the experience.
Old 28-10-2014, 01:15 PM
Immie07

Yes I've witnessed this a lot. I always remind myself that if the message doesn't make sense, either the medium is wrong or the recipient is failing to place the information correctly. Spirit are never wrong.
Old 28-10-2014, 03:58 PM
Guide
It is truly hit and miss.

I am beginning to think it is not that the MEDIUM is wrong, but that the information they get from the entity on the other side or their spirit guide is wrong.

My partner himself is currently in Development Circle as a medium in his church. The stuff he comes up with is good accurate, but others in his circle seem to take the messages they get as Gospel, where I made it clear that you cannot do that.

I operate more on the psychic level and did a Tarot card reading a few wks ago. 3 Cards came up :
1) 4 of swords
2) Death
3) 3 of Swords

We were quite concerned that we would seriously experience a death of someone close to us.

The next day in his circle the others in his circle gave him a mouthful for doing Tarot Card readings, because it was too DARK, and he should rather walk in the LIGHT.

My first response was - What a load of B..S..t!!
Tarot is about the connection to my Higher Self to get a glimpse into the reality that transcends this reality we live in, which is only appearance anyway. I consider myself well connected to my Higher Self. I would much rather get guidance from my HS than from some Uncle who died 45 years ago whom I never knew.

The next day my Car packed up after 8 years, and died a death. The gearbox broke and the repairs would cost too much. That week I sold the car for scrap and bought a new car, but the loss was certainly felt. ( 3 of Swords)

I tend to feel that I cannot take the messages from the mediums as gospel. Non-physical entities can easily be as wrong as we are. As mick said - go for the experience and enjoy!
Old 28-10-2014, 11:07 PM
Experiencer

I became disillusioned with Sp churches and moved to an sp group, it was better.. But even so, there will always be mediums that think they are right and giving good evidence, yet they may be completely wrong and, if I say, 'No I cannot take that' I do not expect to have an aggressive Medium telling me I must!!!
I sat in Circle for 5 years and actually taught circle.. He did not know that... I was not about to tell him...
Churches and groups are not right for everyone, and yes I am critical of other mediums as I know how it should be and 'fishing' indicates a 'Cold Reader' just trotting out generalisations...
There are good Mediums about but maybe no so on your current circuit, try an out of the area group... You may well be surprised..
Old 31-10-2014, 01:54 PM
Guide
There is no right or wrong on the otherside. Even if it seems wrong, there are deeper meaning to everything.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in