Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 10-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Joshua_G

Are channelings always reliable?

Over the years I encountered quite a few channellers. Some of them were truly amazing (for a while). At times I also receive information from within, especially when it concerns assisting others.

However, there is a phenomenon I observed with all the channellers I new personally. Each and every one of them started as a genuine channeller, who channeled amazing things from very high sources, at times from probably the highest source. Each one of them started to gather fame, or students, or both. Some time after that happened, they stopped receiving genuine messages. I assume it is because of their egos swelled, due to their fame and students' admiration. So, having fame and/or students but not having genuine channellings, they started to fake it - at times knowingly and at other times unknowingly.

Once I was a student in a channelling school. The teacher/channeller was a very honest person in his personal and spiritual life. One day he took me aside and asked me to give him a "reading". What I received from within was that he stopped channeling. I told him that and he acknowledged it to be correct. I had the impression that he suspected it, but wasn't sure about it. He acknowledged what I told him out of (probably) his responsibility for me as my teacher. (However he didn't stop giving readings and he didn't close the school, not for a while).

Other channellers didn't know they stopped being a genuine channel, though I could tell it for sure, because of they delivered erroneous messagees.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Quintessence

The answer in nearly all cases when you ask if something is "always" this way or "never" that way is a resounding no. All there has to be is one exception to the rule - and there usually is - and the statement is disproven. Doubtless there are some channelers who are not reliable if not frauds. Doubtless channelers who are usually reliable sometimes have trouble and mess up. We're only human, after all, yes?
Old 10-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Joshua_G

I wrote only about those channellers I know personally, I did not and I cannot say anything about all channellers.

Indeed, we all are humans, with all it takes, the good and the bad. Therefore, to my view, probably blind faith may be misleading at times.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_G
Over the years I encountered quite a few channellers. Some of them were truly amazing (for a while). At times I also receive information from within, especially when it concerns assisting others.

Like all things what is given can also I feel be taken away. We as one's that can connect to Spirit or other levels have to alway remember that we are to work from that place of LIGHT and Higest and Greatest Good. It is when I personally feel we warver from that path from what ever reason greed, EGO, fame ext that we are taken down a peg or two.

However, there is a phenomenon I observed with all the channellers I new personally. Each and every one of them started as a genuine channeller, who channeled amazing things from very high sources, at times from probably the highest source. Each one of them started to gather fame, or students, or both. Some time after that happened, they stopped receiving genuine messages. I assume it is because of their egos swelled, due to their fame and students' admiration. So, having fame and/or students but not having genuine channellings, they started to fake it - at times knowingly and at other times unknowingly.

I was given that 'opportunity' to study under one of the best when I was 18 but I said NO. I am still from time to time in touch with this person and he stil feels honestly I took the WRONG path....but what I have been able to do is work from that place of being ME and giving back to those whom could so not afford help otherwise. For me that serves the Higest Good for me and the Soul I have with me.

I feel at times it un not on a conscious level that one strays from the purer paths in life there is always that EGO in us that wants more once we get a taste of better things. We might get a nice new car and then want a newer and better car ext. That is alot how we as humans are.

What I have personally come to find is that thre is "forced" down times one is given, but one might not always SEE that clearly and one pushes forwards. What happens is that one might well become ill or off in what one is putting forth. It is when one has that place of balance with inner peace and knowing well how one feels internally that one does not waver from that path. That is easy to say and harder to do if one has CHOOSE to use one's gifts to make an income. MORE and more I am personally noting that one's are working at something for income and the readings ext are side line income not the FULL income. Its hard to be always ON.

Once I was a student in a channelling school. The teacher/channeller was a very honest person in his personal and spiritual life. One day he took me aside and asked me to give him a "reading". What I received from within was that he stopped channeling. I told him that and he acknowledged it to be correct. I had the impression that he suspected it, but wasn't sure about it. He acknowledged what I told him out of (probably) his responsibility for me as my teacher. (However he didn't stop giving readings and he didn't close the school, not for a while).

Here we can all "take" a message but there is nothing saying we have to embrace that message....that is where personal choice comes into play. Right or wrong to keep doing something is again a personal choice. Knowing full well that Karma does have a bite to it I listen well to the messages I get.

Other channellers didn't know they stopped being a genuine channel, though I could tell it for sure, because of they delivered erroneous messagees.

It is a personal awareness place and we do not have to hear our Gudes or see the writting on the wall if we do not choose to. Right or wrong to keep going is not always an easy choice to make. Like all professions there is good and not so good out there it is up to the individual gettin the message at time to feel out what is right for them and what is not.

Lynn

Old 10-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Enya

The ego aspect is always a stumbling block in this area of development. Although I do receive payment for my work, I am always careful never to put the payment first or to work solely for that. If I do, then something always happens to remove the payment. I was given an excellent affirmation last week which fits the bill:
I am a medium, therefore, I am a servant.

Keeps me humble.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Deactivated Account

hello Joshua,

Interesting, I didn't know there were channeling schools. I would think channelers might have an off day, now and then and perhaps for whatever reason, might not be receiving messages as they usually do.

Or perhaps, as mediums who acknowledge that their readings are not 100 % correct all the time, maybe a channeler isn't 100% all the time either ? ... or when prediciting the future they ( mediums ) tell you that the future isn't written in stone, but subject to change if circumstances or events change.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 10-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Joshua_G

Hello Enya,
I like both your post here and your name.
Of course you are right on, that the ego aspect is always a stumbling block in this area of development. However all human beings (save, perhaps, the fully enlightened ones) have an ego. The ego is the sense of individual existence. So it seems to me that the ego should always be accounted for.

Hello Dream Angel,
There was a channelling school in my country. There may be such schools elsewhere.
I agree with you that people have at times different degrees of efficiency, or of "tuning-in".

I bother to mention it because of it's my view that all messages, from all sources, would better be taken with a grain of salt. It seems to me counterproductive to believe and accept fully and blindly all messages, out of a belief that "if it's a message, it must be correct, a true message from above and from Light".
Old 10-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Administrator
I can only speak from what i have seen myself but i too have seen a few mediums who claim to be excellent chanellers, some were ok nothing special, but they always start by telling you what they do etc, but by doing this they make themselves to look as though they were something great, their egos were so big it didnt matter what anybody said they were always correct,

nobody is always correct its human nature to make mistakes, after all thats what they are human beings. but i have always said the best mediums are those who keep it quiet, if you get to hear of them its by word of mouth,

Namaste
Old 10-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Joshua_G

Hi Native spirit,
I agree with all you wrote.
Namaste
Old 11-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Neville

Approaching or tuning into a consciousness stream is as reliable as the discarnated person that you are in touch with..If the Person told fibs.. So too will the residual and free flowing energy/consciousness now liberated from the flesh.

I once got a "Jack the Lad " Cockney from London come through... He was likeable and indeed very endearing.. but , I would not have bought a used Car from him under any circumstances.

Your discernment works right across the board... You know instinctively, what you can and cannot trust.

If it don't feel right to you..chances are, It ain't right...Go with your gut...You will know what is kosher and what is guff