Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 05-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Knower
Pressure on forehead when meditating

Any significance? I get it most the time when I try to meditate I would like to know more of why I get it
Old 05-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Seeker

My guess is your third eye I feel pressure on my forehead to whenever I'm meditating and concentrating on my third eye.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Guide
Slightly higher than your brow is 3rd eye. You should begin to feel it pulsating over time.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:53 AM
Deactivated Account

Make sure you are not straining your eyes muscles when meditating.

By trying to keep your eyes closed, where you focus your eyes (you may not be seeing but they still focus), or even keeping your head upright can pull those muscles around your eyes, in between your eyes and over the brow ridges.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by daverigler
Any significance? I get it most the time when I try to meditate I would like to know more of why I get it

As you see by responses, it's very common. I have it there, it's been there for years, but I don't know 'why'... though I've heard some really farout theories. teehee
Old 07-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Master
When you engage in meditation you are practicing an exercise which is designed to stimulate the spiritual energies in you which raise your consciousness.
we have three big spiritual channels one of which runs up the centre of the spine (called in yoga sushumna) and two smaller which switch from side to side as the rise up the spine (called ida and pingala in yoga). All of these channels meet at each chakra, but the point between the eyes , the ajna chakra, is especially important as this is also the seat of the atman and soul.

When your meditating you stimulate these energies to flow up the channels, they meet at ajna, and interestingly what feels like a physical sensation, is actually a spiritual one.
Another thing that happens when you meditate is that the divine also sends energy down to you too, you often feel this coming in thru the top of the head, thru the 7th chakra.
Hope that helps mate
Old 07-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by daverigler

I get it too. Try pointing a finger at the space directly between your eyes, then bring the finger slowly closer. The bridge of your nose should start to ache and tingle gently.

That's what it feels like when I get pressure in my forehead, only its right over my third eye (a centimeter higher) and it doesn't hurt. It just feels like a finger trying to push a little hole in my skull, from the inside!

I had aches, pains, tingling and various feelings at every chakra as my energy rose. When it met my crown chakra I got sick, started trembling and ended up hanging my head out of the car, trying not to puke! Energy moving in your body can have all sorts of funny physical effects - more more precisely, your RESISTANCE to it can. I think the third eye ache is just more energy being shifted there, which is quite encouraging, because shortly after i started having that...I started seeing angels
Old 11-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Experiencer

The pressure, if it comes as if in a snap/click it signifies the area reaching a slightly higher level of crystalization.
The regular wavy pulsating feeling is just telling you energies are active in the area.. just like how the solar plexus burns when active.
Old 20-08-2012, 05:52 AM
everything

I get this too. But it's not a pulsating, its just a pressure. I get it quite often, but most often when meditating or trying to sleep, possibly because I sleep w/an amethyst + quartz in my pillow.

When I put the amethyst above my forehead I can feel the pressure in the forehead, not where the stone is, the pressure is always in the same spot.
Old 22-08-2012, 01:19 AM
nothingmatters

try spreading it to the other chakras. good luck!