Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 04-01-2016, 10:11 PM
Master
@Flexi-Girl and Mogenblue,

I finally tried Cashew Milk and I have to say is pretty good. I even bought the unsweetened one cause I figure if I like the unsweetened cashew milk then the one with sugar most be even better. I have to admit I like it better than the almond milk. Thumbs up!! It had a bit of the roasted taste. :)

Old 05-01-2016, 01:05 AM
Experiencer
I tried it too. It's really ok, kinda creamy and soft kind of taste with the unsalted and unroasted cashews, even though it didn't make me fly, but neither of the other milks make me fly.

But I will stick with almonds and hazelnuts because I also use them to make sweet hummus spreads with soybeans and sugar. So delicious.
I use the roasted cashews for more savory hummus.

My kitchen cabinets are packed. I hardly have any space left for anything.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:31 AM
Ascender
Heaven, that's fantastic! I tried it to for the first time last week. I sipped it a bit and it did have that roasted taste. As for me I am not much of a milk drinker of any kind but I used it in my coffee.

Mogenblue. It didn't make me fly but I did a few cartwheels.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:20 PM
Master
It didn't make me fly either Mogenblue and Flexi-Girl! lol but is not as bad as I though it was going to be.

Next thing I need to try is hummus, I never had it and I heard from people is good. Will see!
Old 05-01-2016, 06:37 PM
Experiencer
I used to think hummus was for softies. But I got bored with the regular stuff on sandwiches and started to look for something else.
I bought it a few times in the supermarket and daymarket and then realized I could easily make it myself.
I suppose everybody who makes hummus has their own recipes. There must be a million different ways to make it.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Ascender
Yum! That's one of my all time favorite staple foods. I just ate baby carrots and hummus for lunch. It's so good, and so filling. I would make it if I could, but don't like to cook so in the mean time, I get mine at the store. I did once make hummus from scratch and it was amazing! I used the recipe from the Silver Palate Cookbook. Here is the recipe.

http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/853459-Hummus
Old 05-01-2016, 09:05 PM
Master
I be buying the hummus from the store, since I haven't try it I don't know if I will like it. If I like it then I will take the next step and I be making it at home! I will take both of your words for it! :)
Old 05-01-2016, 09:51 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
Yum! That's one of my all time favorite staple foods. I just ate baby carrots and hummus for lunch. It's so good, and so filling. I would make it if I could, but don't like to cook so in the mean time, I get mine at the store. I did once make hummus from scratch and it was amazing! I used the recipe from the Silver Palate Cookbook. Here is the recipe.

http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/853459-Hummus

That's about the recipe I started with. Tahin is very healthy. But I only started making my own hummus a few months ago. And it's been about six years since I stopped eating meat. So it did take me a while to get there.

My favorite recipe is like this:
350 grams cooked kidney beans (150 gram dry, soak overnight, cook 60 minutes)
250 grams peanuts or cashews
6 tbs arachid oil
200-250 grams water
95 grams indian curry paste (tandoori, vindaloo, etc.)
3 tbs soysauce
Flip everything in the foodprocessor and turn it into a crunchy pulp. That's all.

Another one, so sweet:
200 gram cooked soybeans (90 gram dry, soak overnight, cook 40 minutes)
120 gram almonds
2 tbs canola oil, or any other oil at hand
10 ml lemon juice
120 gram extra sweet sugar
120 gram regular sugar
75-100 gram water
Again: flip everything in the foodprocessor and turn it into a smooth pulp.

These recipes cost me between 2 to 6 euro per kilo. That is very cheap. Cheaper then cheese and cold cuts. And that's how it's supposed to be.

I'm sure you can make good hummus with beans and cauliflower as well. I also make my own chocolate paste with cocoa and soybeans. But that is still under construction....
Old 06-01-2016, 09:48 AM
Experiencer
As I said before the cashew milk didn't make me fly, but I DO fly in my dreams.

Last night in my dreams I was very clearly flying.
And I had done this before.

Just for the record....
Old 06-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogenblue
As I said before the cashew milk didn't make me fly, but I DO fly in my dreams.

Last night in my dreams I was very clearly flying.
And I had done this before.

Just for the record....

I love dreams where I fly too! I have those quite often. Did you fly any place special?