Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 06-04-2013, 06:42 PM
amy green

Sourcerer - you are quoting me out of context. My post was about those who saw themselves as gods; I said we are "just humans...subject to human error". Would you dispute that we make errors? Does a god make errors?

My view that we have the spark of the divine relates to our soul. I'm somewhat surprised that I need to explain that to you. Yes our essence is divine...NOT our ego, i.e. how we mostly live.

Furthermore, I resent you telling me to 'remove the blinders'. We are supposed to respect each other's views on this forum. You make lots of black and white statements without backing them up I find. If you are making an argument/case for something, it would be helpful to see how you come to that conclusion. Otherwise anyone can say anything and state that it is true, i.e. it is rendered meaningless.

Tolle does not view that the ego is divine.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:59 PM
Sourcerer

It wasn't out of context. It was plain as day and VERY clear. You made a statement that clearly reflected your belief, and I pointed out its obvious limitation.

I clearly stated that all *things* are illusion, because there are no "errors" in Truth. There's only the PERCEPTION of errors. Know the difference. Errors actually do not exist, for Divine Consciousness makes no errors. When I speak of "errors," I am clearly speaking of something that doesn't really exist (except existing as Divine Essence, but not really an "error"), for I always speak of manifestation as being illusory. There's NO contradiction with what I am essentially saying here and what the original post says.

What I say and Tolle says is actually essentially the same. Take another look! You are nitpicking with words. "Avatars" and "gods," is an illusion, and Tolle realizes this too. I am well aware he used *some* different terminology than I. Still, this means nothing. There is NO contradiction with the actual teaching of The Power of Now and what I speak of here. None. When I speak of "Avatars" and "gods," Tolle sometimes calls "creators," and actually HE DOES recognize the essence of "Ye are gods." In case you haven't realized this yet, that ancient statement actually means "You are all the same Essence." It is NOT actually a statement referring to separation or plurality, as far as Jesus's understanding of what the metaphysical concept really means.

There's nothing you "need" to explain to anyone. That is your ego speaking. Ego has this sorry "need." Your explanations are worth nothing, just as mine are worthless, my dear. I didn't "need" to point out anything to you, and never have. I don't operate by "need," at least not in a context of the ego thinking "I MUST do this" in order to "clarify" or "correct" someone. That is the ego's thinking--and your buddy Tolle obviously teaches this.

Believe what you will, my friend. I am confident of what I speak of here, and I will not speak of this further with you.

Next time you read Tolle, REALLY READ what he is saying, my friend. Peace.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:11 PM
amy green

I see what you are saying about errors. Perhaps I used the wrong word....I meant that humans are not pure, i.e. not saints.
(Just take a look at the state of the world! Enough said I think!)
I accept that you view otherwise. On this we will have to disagree.

So be it.

I am at peace - I trust you are too.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Sourcerer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
I see what you are saying about errors. Perhaps I used the wrong word....I meant that humans are not pure, i.e. not saints.
(Just take a look at the state of the world! Enough said I think!)
I accept that you view otherwise. On this we will have to disagree.

So be it.

I am at peace - I trust you are too.

I love how you communicated that, my friend. Bless you. Like our old friend, LIFE, I see that you too are brilliant in communicating your ideas, no matter what so-called "differences" or "disagreements" we may have in terms of "human interaction."

Peace Be With You, Sweet Amy.

Old 30-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Master
First off we all have intuition. And I may not be psychic but I have cultivated an average level of clairvoyance.

When I first began reading Paramhansa Yogananda's works I thought- "This teacher, this guy knows his stuff!" when I read Edgar Cayce I said- "Seems like a pretty good psychic, not great but overall good.". When I read Sylvia Browne I thought-"Hmmm this Woman HAD something and must have lost it. She is so selfish and greedy." When I first contemplated Guatama Buddha I said- "Yeah, Buddha was definitely a rare soul who manifested Christ Consciousness besides Jesus." When I re-examined my obsession with Jesus I thought- "The man was definitely a universal teacher and the foreseen Jewish Messiah who opened a way for the world".

When I came across a photo and video of Saytha Sai Baba all I thought EVEN BEFORE I read such claims was- "What a Disgusting Horrible Soul". And my intuition hasn't changed since.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Master
I couldnt disagree with you more animilius.
I have had profound beautiful spiritual experiences through Baba. Baba has been a major player in my growth and development and I can only consider him to be divine; an avatar just like Jesus and Krishna
sadly your `intuition` is not unusual in the west.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:34 PM
amy green

Amilius - you saw a photo of Baba and was disgusted?
This is hardly intuition - more like superficial judgement based on appearances in my view.
Which leads me to wonder whether or not you could then be open minded when listening to the video....

Old 02-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Master
It has nothing to do with his eccentric hairdo or his unsavory features.

It has to do with what I felt off of him. And then the stories just proved my point.

I don't believe in Avatars. It is such a sick twisted concept. I don't believe in priveledged God beings.

We are spirits, coming here to bring spirit into the world.

God-Supreme Being whatever doesn't need an avatar. God is within everybody.

The Man is Evil. Anyone who claims to be an avatar, God-man, and lives in such self-deification is a mad man. India is full of poverty. I have a friend from India. He is now an agnostic. He said I could easily go to India and make millions, just claim to be an avatar, learn a few magic tricks, hypnotic techniques etc and you can start a franchise. Same way priests and fringe pastors make their own Mega Churches.

Its sick what people like Saytha Sai Baba do. Same goes with Ghandi. Always keeping the poor and downtrodden in poverty, sickness, and constantly influenced to worship god-men and "mahatmas'>

If I am wrong, how do you explain this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNMxQtwkIuk
Old 02-05-2013, 08:43 PM
TThor

It's everywhere on the net and made it's way to the news a few times. Surprised no one brought it up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-h7F2fCb6g

I also have known personally someone who lived for years in his most inner circle, and that person confirmed the following:

http://www.saibaba-x.org.uk/6/saisex4.htm
Old 02-05-2013, 08:46 PM
TThor

We wrote the same thing at the same time, you clicked before... :)