Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 18-06-2018, 12:12 PM
Knower

Why do I get drawn to religions without believing in them?

So my true beliefs seem to be close to Buddhism or Baha’i. But I’m far more interested in Judaism or paganism. Why would that be?
Old 19-06-2018, 07:46 PM
Seeker
ParanoidHippie,

I guess it depends on what you mean by "far more interested" - does this interest supersede your "true beliefs"?

Is there a gap in your true beliefs that these other belief systems seem to fill?

Maybe you're drawn to something a little more overtly theistic?

Regards,

Northern Seeker
Old 19-06-2018, 11:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParanoidHippie
So my true beliefs seem to be close to Buddhism or Baha’i. But I’m far more interested in Judaism or paganism. Why would that be?

My wife would say that, like in her case, it's just ADD.
Old 20-06-2018, 03:24 AM
Experiencer

Quote:

Can you define what "true belief" means in comparison to "far more interested"? It's hard to say anything without knowing that.

I don't think there's anything wrong in exploring all kinds of belief systems, there might be parts in them that help you or inspire you. If something resonates with your inner being go with it, no matter what the label.
Old 20-06-2018, 05:54 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Seeker
ParanoidHippie,

I guess it depends on what you mean by "far more interested" - does this interest supersede your "true beliefs"?

Is there a gap in your true beliefs that these other belief systems seem to fill?

Maybe you're drawn to something a little more overtly theistic?

Regards,

Northern Seeker
I think I like Judaism because it’s not a wishy washy religion and from my understanding it doesn’t seem as authoritarian as Christianity. I’ve never been too interested in Christianity because it seems authoritarian. I guess with Paganism I guess I like how powerful and in touch with earth they seem. I guess what my attraction to those religions have in common is wanting to feel respected and powerful.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:00 AM
Experiencer
Quote:

There are many reasons you might be drawn to religious/spiritual systems that don't conform to your personal beliefs, but one major reason would be aesthetics. The aesthetics of certain religious/spiritual systems might appeal to you for two primary reasons; it's either certain religious/spiritual systems seem fancy to you, or they seem taboo to you. For instance, Catholicism seems fancy to me, which means Catholicism has aesthetic appeal in my mind. On the other hand, Satanism seems taboo to me, which means Satanism also has aesthetic appeal in my mind.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:38 PM
Pathfinder

There is no power as great as the power of God Almighty and all who are with him will have power from him.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:06 PM
Master
Quote:

Perhaps you need to understand something about those religions, even so paganism is not a religion as far as I know, quite to opposite.