Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 07-07-2017, 10:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Nor would I call anyone a bigot for a belief in religion.
A fundamentalist who claims their religion is the one true religion, is a religious bigot. That's exactly what that belief is about, and what it exposes: their bigotry.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
All paths lead to the same One Spirit source. That's all one needs to understand and contemplate upon as far as "where we end up."

You are still talking about Hinduism here. Not any other path or religion.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
A fundamentalist who claims their religion is the one true religion, is a religious bigot. That's exactly what that belief is about, and what it exposes: their bigotry.

Yes. Perhaps.

But, does not your own beliefs work for you? They do not seem very religious, yet I have not spoken to you for other than a few posts here and there on an online interface, so I would not know this. However although you yourself from what I have seen do not claim your beliefs are the one and true beliefs everyone should follow, you do feel they are right do you not? Mayhaps they are not right for all, but they entirely are right for you.

It is same for all who believe. They believe what they do because it works for them.

What I do not understand is why you let what others choose willfully with will and intent bother you so much? Stating you disagree that their way is the only way, is sort of a wide belief as is, many believe that the religion of Christianity is not the only way. I agree with this. However I do not understand why you react to this so violently? And realize it is a violent reaction to call someone a bigot, regardless of whether it is true or not. Others can very well see that Christianity is not the only way- but feel no need to comment as such.

I also do not see a need to call anyone elses beliefs delusional.

Personal experience for me realizes the difference between what is delusional or not. I've been delusional. It isn't pretty. Perhaps misguided would be better terminology.

My point is everyone is free to believe as they wish, if not in a physical sense as in some places this is very very restricted, even in my country it is getting harder and harder, but in a spiritual sense this is unequivocally true in my view.

I do not condemn the religious, the spiritual, the atheists or anyone else for any belief.

Condemnation is not a act for me to take any part it. Imo. Why would I? I am not God.

I am human, I would not condemn my fellow human beings not any of them.

Whether they have a beer, watch tv, go to a strip joint, or believe their way is the only true way.

That is how a true believer in Christ should feel anyway. There are Christians whom are not bigots.

Saying the opposite is a misleading generalization of an entire grouping of people based on their belief in Christianity. No two individual is the same. There have been Christians I have met more compassionate to me, than some of the more spiritual people I have met. And we didn't agree at all.

Character makes a person who they are, not whether they believe apples to be oranges, and oranges to be a race all their own...