Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 02:02 PM
starlite

'religion is man made.' A statement i dont think can be discussed without a deep look and knowledge of history and changes that occurred and trends that have long gone.
I believe man has very much tampered with religion and the laws of such for his own benefit (beware of false prohets). I find it interesting that with the majority of world religions u can find similarities - this to me suggests that at one stage there was one religion; one understanding and a way all communed with the divine notion of life. I find it gut-wrenching that religion into today's times is the catalyst for so much war and human astrocity towards one another - this i belive is the choas born out of tampering with the original order.
However, to argue that we all need to find our experience individually is wrong and a trend i feel born out of this current nightmare of a situation on earth. Whilst i fully believe we all have an individual spiritual path to follow (we are all individual) i do not think that people should mistake this in sake of a communal sense of religion.
Life, i fully believe, is meant to be an experience where we live in harmony with other men, working together to ensure peace for all. How can this happen if the generation of the new age see religion as a totally individual experience?
A forum needs developing, like stone henge once provided, for all us individuals to come together, share out our individual spirtual energies for one common purpose - peace and a harmonious society where there is no war, hate, and jealousy
love and light starlite x
Old 11-03-2006, 05:22 PM
silver swan

Here Here! Well said Starlight!
Old 12-03-2006, 04:29 AM
Pounamu

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite
'religion is man made.' A statement i dont think can be discussed without a deep look and knowledge of history and changes that occurred and trends that have long gone.....

....However, to argue that we all need to find our experience individually is wrong and a trend i feel born out of this current nightmare of a situation on earth. Whilst i fully believe we all have an individual spiritual path to follow (we are all individual) i do not think that people should mistake this in sake of a communal sense of religion.
Life, i fully believe, is meant to be an experience where we live in harmony with other men, working together to ensure peace for all. How can this happen if the generation of the new age see religion as a totally individual experience?
A forum needs developing, like stone henge once provided, for all us individuals to come together, share out our individual spirtual energies for one common purpose - peace and a harmonious society where there is no war, hate, and jealousy
love and light starlite x

To be honest with you, Starlite, I think we need to differentiate between "religion" and a person's appreciation of their spiritual nature. It is my opinion that religion forms a guideline for those who feel they need one to relate to spirituality and their world, but haven't experienced their "inner guidance" and are floundering somewhat as to how they should relate to life.

On the other hand, when one has had the experience of being connected to everything / everyone else, one can begin to "tune in" and get guidance for oneself (that is uniquely one's own truth), and then does not really need the external guidance of an organised religious belief, to navigate through life's situations. And since we all ARE connected with each other and with our Creator, harmony will tend to prevail naturally. The only problems that could arise then are karmic ones - which everyone has, and simply have to be handled within the guidelines of one's own understanding of honouring other people as brothers and sisters. And that can be difficult, but its what we're here to learn to do, and practice.

So if the younger generation can be pointed in that direction (perhaps by a religion at first that doesn't hinder or forbid one's efforts to become connected with one's own truth), then I know of no reason why they should not be able to relate with all of life harmoniously - when they get the hang of it! Its all a matter of growth; and you have to allow time for that to happen. Meanwhile, hopefully, the young ones will have some solid elders to set them a good example!

Pounamu
Old 12-03-2006, 10:06 AM
starlite

Thumbs up

VERY INTERSETING RESPONSE. tHANK U
i think in a sense we are talking about the same thing. But without a forum for likeminded people and the promoting of connecting to the oneness (our higher self and the cosmic order) how can harmony be achieved? I don't think spirituality and religion are separate - certainly not for me. My individual spirituality is my religion (my system of faith) and i practise, in my normal living/ working life, the truth that i think i should share - like you say treating fellow humans as ourselves and understanding the oneness.
However, we aint ever gonna get anywhere no matter how bleeding spiritual we think we are, if we think 'oh, i'm so progressed... my path most be much deeper than that person over there'. Sadly, a hierachiacal form of thinking leads only to a culture that we have today: a fragmented society.
In respect of elders; i learn from my youngers and my elders irrespectivelyand hope that i inspire similar understandings in the 60 year olds i converse with and the 20year olds. If the heart is there to share - then knowledge can be imparted. If the heart (led by the ego) has put intself upon a pedestal - we have a problem!
We need a state of 'collective conciouness' for peace to come about. How can that come about without a decent system of faith (religion) prevailing?
I look forward to hearing you ideas .
With love and light starlite x
Old 12-03-2006, 10:10 AM
starlite

sorry i think the answers i was asking you for were in the original post - but i would be interested to know how u promote the idea of oneness - and your views on the choatic order of our planet at present.
Old 13-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Pounamu

Starlite -
Have to get off the phone line now - will reply tomorrow!
Blessings and Namaste!
Pounamu
Old 13-03-2006, 12:10 PM
DASA

Unity in Diversity

Quote:
sorry i think the answers i was asking you for were in the original post - but i would be interested to know how u promote the idea of oneness - and your views on the choatic order of our planet at present.

I'm not sure if 'one-ness' is the answer, as we are all individuals. How about finding unity in diversity? Looking to common ground within all living beings and appreciating the differences, rather without white-washing them all out. Thinking more of the soul and less of the body?

"All you need is Love (Krishna)" - George Harrison
Old 13-03-2006, 05:51 PM
starlite

mmmm.... yes. I agree; unity in diversity.

Yes, again i understand the importance of our soul. But i feel that it is important to think of it in terms of learning to align the body, mind and soul as one. I think this because i've got a body whilst here and need to direct it as well as i can! I would be very grateful for any further comments you would like to make regarding how you feel we should be thinking more in terms of the soul.

Thanks in anticipation

Love and Light Sarlite x
Old 13-03-2006, 11:04 PM
Pounamu

Arrow

Quote:
Hi Starlite -
One of the points I was making was that in order to try to get a connection to one's own spirituality when one does not have this conscious connection, one may be helped by an organised religion; but once the inner connection is truly made, the need for the religious activities is no longer there, although one could still take part in them from a now self-realised point of view, if you still like the ceremonies and fellowship. You then become more sovereign, and its up to you, what you do.

You are right in saying that "we need a collective consciousness for peace to come about" - and the collective consciousness, of course, has to be one of peaceful and honouring orientation. And that's what we're aiming at inducing by all the "push" towards New Age and other spirituality. I believe that consciously "intending to ascend" is one of the fastest ways for an individual to achieve that; and the more do it, the more 'collective' that thoughtform becomes! After a while, the "hundredth monkey" effect takes over, and because the psychic atmosphere is lightening up, it suddenly becomes easier and easier for everyone to be drawn into behaving like brothers and sisters. Anything that promotes this is useful! But one hopes the habit of "being nice only on Sundays" will be replaced by something that is practiced every moment. People in general (the collective consciousness) don't yet realise, I believe, just how precious every moment of their present embodiment is - a planetary ascension hasn't been able to take place in this sector of our creation for billions of years, and here we are in the precise moment of time when its happening for Earth!!!

Now you have to understand that not all (in fact a goodly percentage of people) are not constitutionally able to ascend to any great degree or ready themselves for this momentous occasion. A major cause of this has been the interbreeding on our planet with several peoples from other star systems, and many were not compatible with the Earth energies and genetics of the humans already here. This has made for a mish-mash of genetics which denies many from being able to ascend properly; and its not their fault, it just is so. "There's no good nor bad, but just the karma and the dance" one self-realised person said. These people who can't become ready will simply die in the physical when or before we enter the Great Central Sun's aura, and become non-physical ancestors who are holographically attached to their lineage relations who manage to remain embodied. As I have also explained elsewhere on this board. So nobody gets "wasted"!

The mixing of the genetics with dissonant ones from other planets has caused a people who are by and large dissonant in their biology, thinking and energies. This is the basic cause of disease (inner-bound harmfulness) and war and competitiveness (outer-bound harmfulness). This being based in the very DNA of our physical beings, that has to be transformed for any major shift in approach to life to come to be - hence the vital importance of the ascension process, which addresses these very transformations... Pending this eventuality, Earth Mother is going ahead with plans to remove the dissonant human genetics from the gene pool by a planetay cleansing, of which you can see signs everywhere around you in the world news. Then incoming children will not have to be lumbered with the old genetics and develop with "more of the same, all over again"! Hooray for that, I say! I believe that human ascension will be very largely generational, as it is too hard a task to expect most adults of today to complete - but they can at least aim to go as far as possible... a few are map-carving the way.... its a most exacting task...

Hope this has helped!

Blessings,
Pounamu
Old 14-03-2006, 12:05 PM
DASA

Golden Avatar

Quote:
I would be very grateful for any further comments you would like to make regarding how you feel we should be thinking more in terms of the soul.

Hi Starlite,

Thinking more in terms of the soul ...

Remembering that we are eternal without any beginning or end.
Remembering that all other living beings are also souls and they are all equal to ourselves (or greater) in value, whether they be in the body of an ant, an angel or a fellow human being.
Remembering that the pleasures of this world are only temporary and real nourishment (love) is not found in them.
Remembering that this life is like a bridge, we should cross it as best we can, but build no house upon it.

I don't think spirituality is dependent on genetics, in my experience actual purity of heart comes more from mixing with those people who have it already.

Peace, love & Gouranga,

your servant,

Das
Closed Thread