Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 02-06-2017, 11:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Only if you believe the limited religious and/or scientific view of history and humankind, without taking into account soul evolution. There are spiritual philosophies that speak of the soul existing for eons. And of advanced human cultures having been around for millions of years.No not dead, and I didn't say that. I said belief in God is fading and being replaced with new consciousness understandings. I don't get the sense that you are at all interested in an honest and authentic conversation of these topics. That's always my signal to end the dialogue and move on. Thanks for the chat.

No problem.

Blessings.. from the heart.
Old 19-06-2017, 10:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Is it true that there are many people who do not actually believe in God who are spiritual? Maybe here lies the crux of the difference between religion and spirituality? Religion is a firm faith and belief in God. Spirituality is a spiritual practice which aims to help oneself and the human race (but God is not a necessity here).

I find that many people here at SF talk about spirituality but they often fail to include God. There are all sorts of methods mentioned which help this or that in the spiritual sense; but God is somehow omitted.

This is what strikes me about much mysticism - particularly Eastern mysticism. It talks of reaching enlightenment but it somehow circumnavigates talk of God.

I have faith and am a firm believer in God's existence. I'm not talking pure consciousness here or I AM; but rather a living breathing God. Much like a 'super-person'.

I think this may be the reason why I struggle with Eastern mysticism and the New Age.
After a bit of a struggle with this myself, I have reached my own personal catharsis within.

What I'm about to show you, others may vehemently disagree with and I fully expect that to occur.

It is hoped that by sharing this, you may find some peace within yourself that you have been struggling to come to grips with for years.

It has helped me out a lot in my attempts to understand all of it and it's written in a way that I can understand it.

Bearing in mind that my own brand of 'Eastern Mysticism' could have very well been written as per the Bible, with 'Shiva' just taking the place of 'Jehovah'...but no-one has struggled with this more than what I have...trust me!

What I'm going to show you now smacks and reeks of religious fundamentalism, but if you are a very fundamental person within your heart and being, it will make a lot of sense whereas to most, it won't because that's the nature of the whole deception.

I'm not out to discredit the New Age or rappers..or Beyonce, but merely pointing out how all these notions have infiltrated everyday life and awareness...yet there are others out there...the limited minority of us who are still not 'buying it'.

So, without further ado:

http://beginningandend.com/god-entertainers-today/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alYxWu554ac

It has helped me reconcile it all now. I hope it helps you out too. Enjoy.

Last edited by Shivani Devi : 19-06-2017 at 11:05 AM.