Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 11:33 PM
BLAIR2BE

Color David Blaine

Are You Guys Familiar With The "street Magician" David Blaine?
This Guy Fascinates Me. I Never Really Cared About The Dramatic "smoke And Mirrors" Magicians Such As David Copperfield, Or Escape Artists And The Like. But This David Blaine Is Extrodianary. He Seems To Have Mastered The Manipulation Of Perception And, Well... I Dont Know...: From Looking Into Someones Eyes And Have Them "make Up" A Number He Has Already Written, To Reading Folks Eyes About People They Know Or Knew, To Levitation. Sure Hes Got Lots Of Card Tricks (very Good Ones). But He Does Some Amazing Things (burn Paper With A Name Someone Has Written On It, Rake The Ashes Across His Body, The Name Appears On His Skin). How Skilled Is This Guy? Any Thoughts?
Old 07-09-2006, 11:40 PM
Deactivated Account
hmmm i don't care for this guy
Old 07-09-2006, 11:59 PM
BLAIR2BE

No? Why Is That?
Old 08-09-2006, 04:04 AM
Light Mage

He's got some very intriguing tricks. I wish I knew how he did all that stuff! I want to be able to levitate!

He does have a reputation for being a bit of a "weirdo" though, what with his living in a perspex box above the Thames that time...
Old 27-10-2006, 03:37 PM
kundalini

I find that it is true that he has some amazing skills, although I am not sure whether this is just sleight-of-hand or genuine psychic power. One thing that 'put me off him', so to speak, is that he claimed that 'he had no ego'. I don't believe that.

Kundalini.
Old 27-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Lee

I watched a program on how David Blaine done his tricks, and it spoilt my perception of him.The fly that he brings back to life is frozen to hibenation in a fridge, then Blaine shows the fly in his warm hand come back to life. The headless chicken is a real chicken that he uses apart from a false head. What he does, is that you can push the head of a bird into it's shoulder, so this made it look like the bird had no head, and he used the fasle head to create the illusion. The levitation stunt he uses a small hoist connected to his back with shoulder straps and like most stunts he uses an invited audience to make his tricks look real. When he rubs the name of somebody on his chest with burnt paper, he uses a grease that the charred paper adheres to , so hence the name appears as the burnt paper connects to his chest stomach. What annoys me is why some TV shows have to expose magicians, it ruins it for us all
Old 27-10-2006, 03:52 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
I watched a program on how David Blaine done his tricks, and it spoilt my perception of him.The fly that he brings back to life is frozen to hibenation in a fridge, then Blaine shows the fly in his warm hand come back to life. The headless chicken is a real chicken that he uses apart from a false head. What he does, is that you can push the head of a bird into it's shoulder, so this made it look like the bird had no head, and he used the fasle head to create the illusion. The levitation stunt he uses a small hoist connected to his back with shoulder straps and like most stunts he uses an invited audience to make his tricks look real. When he rubs the name of somebody on his chest with burnt paper, he uses a grease that the charred paper adheres to , so hence the name appears as the burnt paper connects to his chest stomach. What annoys me is why some TV shows have to expose magicians, it ruins it for us all

Well, I guess it is all in the name of entertainment Lee.

Kundalini.
Old 27-10-2006, 03:54 PM
cweiters

Well, Well, Well, Kundalini if he has no ego, did he say how he lost it?

cw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
I find that it is true that he has some amazing skills, although I am not sure whether this is just sleight-of-hand or genuine psychic power. One thing that 'put me off him', so to speak, is that he claimed that 'he had no ego'. I don't believe that.

Kundalini.
Old 27-10-2006, 04:00 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweiters
Well, Well, Well, Kundalini if he has no ego, did he say how he lost it?

cw

Hi CW, as far as I know, no he did not say how he lost it. The reason why I don't believe that he has no ego is that I would have thought that anyone who truly as not got an ego ( such as Eastern gurus, perhaps ) would not parade around on television saying they have not got one!

Kundalini.
Old 27-10-2006, 04:04 PM
cweiters

I agree ha..hee.hee.

Love
cw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
Hi CW, as far as I know, no he did not say how he lost it. The reason why I don't believe that he has no ego is that I would have thought that anyone who truly as not got an ego ( such as Eastern gurus, perhaps ) would not parade around on television saying they have not got one!

Kundalini.
Closed Thread