Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Poetry

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 10:30 PM
sprite

From a loved one in spirit

11 years ago my mum passed away with cancer, and my close friend gave me this poem which really did bring me comfort & still does to this day. Although I'm not sure of the author, I hope it will also bring some comfort to others.....
From a loved one in spirit

I cast aside my earthly gown, and donned a robe of light.
My feet felt not the earthly ground, as my form it grew in height.
The pain of earthly flesh was gone, the weight I felt no more.
I knew my life had just begun, as I felt my spirit soar.
I thought of Dad, and in a flash, he was standing by my side.
He smiled at me, held out his hand, and tears of joy we cried.
He led me to the many friends I'd known and loved on earth.
They greeted me and nurtured me through my second birth.
We think of you and love you still and a place we will prepare.
When the time shall come to greet you,
you know we will be there.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Knower
Thumbs up

Those are lovely words, Sprite; thank you for posting them. They are indeed a comfort. I lost my father to cancer four months ago, and although I know in my heart and soul there is a life beyond, it helps to have it reinforced by things like your poem.

Thank you.

Love and Light,
Jeremy
Old 12-04-2006, 02:09 PM
sprite

jeremy im glad you find some comfort in my words, not a day goes by when im constantly questioning, is mum ok, although i know she is, people say time is a healer, in some ways it is but the pain never goes away, but knowing our loved ones will be there to greet us when our time comes, makes "the coping" a little easier. comfort goes out to you & your family & blessings to your father, xxxxx
Old 12-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Knower
Thanks again for all your kind words, Sprite. And positive loving energies to you, your family and your dear mother

Love and Light,

Jeremy
Old 28-04-2006, 12:25 AM
TheTreeLady

What a beautiful piece of poetry, thankyou for that little sprite. I can only pray that your pain is eased by each new day. Love , Light and serenity is sent for you from me. xxx
Closed Thread