Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Old 29-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Suspended
A mobile phone in 1928...

This was on Yahoo News today. I've watched it over and over. It's interesting.

It's a clip from 1928 of a Charlie Chaplin premiere footage. It looks like someone in the background is walking along with a mobile phone in his hand.

Remember - this was 1928.

Have a look and see what you make of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=852aqI2sBB0

That is the edited part.

Here is a little more detail about the guy who found it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6a4T2tJaSU

It kind of intrigues me because of my astral travels. I've traveled back in time and told entities that I'm from the year 2010. I was also a 'future' ghost once.

Enjoy!

Squelp
Old 29-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Master
Time travelling, doubtful. As back then there would not be the antenna to use the phone with. They would not have any reception, and would not be able to use the phone for a conversation.
Old 29-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Time travelling, doubtful. As back then there would not be the antenna to use the phone with. They would not have any reception, and would not be able to use the phone for a conversation.

'Back then' - you're talking about our dimension. Have you even considered 'their' dimension?

Come on. Let's not talk about this from our point of view (and our limitations). Just think of what might be going on that we know diddly squat about.

Expand your mind.
Old 29-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
'Back then' - you're talking about our dimension. Have you even considered 'their' dimension?

Come on. Let's not talk about this from our point of view (and our limitations). Just think of what might be going on that we know diddly squat about.

Expand your mind.

I would think then it would take more then a phone to go back and forth between the different dimensions. And if one was able to pierce such fabrics of time, and space, they would speak telepathically instead of through a mobile phone.

However, I do like the concept that such a thing could of happened. And does make you think.

Last edited by innerlight : 29-10-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 29-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Suspended
Quote:
I would think then it would take more then a phone to go back and forth between the different dimensions. And if one was able to piece such fabrics of time, and space, they would speak telepathically instead of through a mobile phone.

However, I do like the concept that such a thing could of happened. And does make you think.

I agree Inner. However, I also disagree.

If those 'higher' beings want us to cotton on to their ideas, then telepathy ain't going to work. We're too thick.

A tardis is brill, but we'll miss it. Whereas a mobile phone back then is something we'll spot and wonder about.

As are crop circles (although I think they've been dis-mystified).

It's very rare I fall for stuff, but I've fallen for this one.
Old 29-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
I agree Inner. However, I also disagree.

If those 'higher' beings want us to cotton on to their ideas, then telepathy ain't going to work. We're too thick.

A tardis is brill, but we'll miss it. Whereas a mobile phone back then is something we'll spot and wonder about.

As are crop circles (although I think they've been dis-mystified).

It's very rare I fall for stuff, but I've fallen for this one.

If you've ever seen Night At The Museum 2 it is very reminiscent of what you are saying.

It's a neat premise that they had a phone back then, we saw it, and reverse enginered it.. but for some reason we couldn't get it to that level for 60 plus years. We could also say that such things have always happened thoughout history. That it was "given" to us. Some feel the Pyramids are such things as well.
Old 29-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Suspended
Quote:
If you've ever seen Night At The Museum 2 it is very reminiscent of what you are saying.

I haven't seen that film. I will look out for it.

Quote:
It's a neat premise that they had a phone back then, we saw it, and reverse enginered it.. but for some reason we couldn't get it to that level for 60 plus years. We could also say that such things have always happened thoughout history. That it was "given" to us. Some feel the Pyramids are such things as well.

Good call (the pyramids). I like the idea of that - it's puzzling. I suspect that the Chaplin thing is a hoax, but I love it just the same.

Last edited by innerlight : 31-10-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Old 30-10-2010, 01:48 AM
celery

I'm not too much into astral projection nor time traveling, and I have absolutely no idea how they work, what's impossible and what is not, but some people's comments on Youtube (like "How would she have a signal?") only show how closed-minded people can be.... whether the video is a prank or not.

So a BIG thank you Squatchit, not for sharing a 'proof' of time traveling, but for showing there's still a lot to work to do with humanity.
Old 30-10-2010, 02:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by celery
I'm not too much into astral projection nor time traveling, and I have absolutely no idea how they work, what's impossible and what is not, but some people's comments on Youtube (like "How would she have a signal?") only show how closed-minded people can be.... whether the video is a prank or not.

So a BIG thank you Squatchit, not for sharing a 'proof' of time traveling, but for showing there's still a lot to work to do with humanity.

It's not just a matter of close-mindedness it's just trying to understand how it would be possible. The past technology is still the same. Things that we have now are designed to work now. Such as a cell phone. Their were designed with the technology we have at present time. They also rely on a signal that we designed. Such as telephone antennas. A cell phone would not be able to get reception in the past because it is not setup that way. They didn't have the technology to make it possible. It's also like say going back in time to 1530 with your telephone and making a call. Who would you be calling you would have the only telephone available?

Unless we imagine that it's possible to be in the past, and to be able to call the future. I'd hate to see what the bill for that very long distance telephone call.
Old 30-10-2010, 02:40 AM
celery

First off, I apologize if you felt address or even worse, offended by what I said earlier.

Again, I don't know what's possible in AP or time traveling (Einstein and his twin theory should know more about this than anyone else), but if you could stop thinking with your mind stuck in 2010, knowing you need poles, and emmiters, receptors, an operator and a space satellite in order for a cellphone to work, and just think from a timeless objective point of view, for instance, like some AP stories I have read here, like traveling to other planes for just a few minutes, and that it doesn't matter if in other planes there is no bread or clean water to drink if you get hungry, then it's clear your mind is stuck somewhere betwen the time-dependent and the physical realm.

I replied here and won't reply in Youtube because I know it's going to be worthless there.

Last edited by celery : 30-10-2010 at 02:44 AM.