Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 15-06-2016, 05:56 PM
Guide

Huldufólk, Icelandic elves/fairies

Icelanders claim these beings still inhabit their island, does anyone have any experience with them?
If so, please share!
Old 15-06-2016, 07:43 PM
Suspended
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsandee
Icelanders claim these beings still inhabit their island, does anyone have any experience with them?
If so, please share!

In all actuality, people in Europe, particularly eastern and deep regions of southern / central Europe, have had experiences or know someone who has with similar creatures as the Huldufólk. There was even something of a celeb a few years ago who claimed to be attacked by such a creature from eastern European.

They just generally don't talk about it, particularly to outsiders. Why? Well outsiders generally don't possess the ability to understand what is being recounted or think that tales of such encounters, even if possible proof exists or the person is indeed of completely sound mind, marks someone suffering more than a few disorders. Religion did, after all, beat the belief of such creatures out of many peoples' ancestors generations ago and it is rather hard to grasp what others never forgot. Believing in such would, after all, be a rather harsh kick in the backside to a number of religious [well mostly just Abrahamic] concepts.

I do know someone from the Faroes where the Hidden Folk also exist who claims to have encountered one. What do you one to know? Ask something specific. I'll see if I can get permission from him to recount his story.
Old 15-06-2016, 09:39 PM
Guide

Very interesting, I'm going to eastern Europe soon, who knows what I'll find. Lots and lots of hills, valleys and caves which people seldom visit, might be because of the numerous mine fields.

It's amazing if they've managed to live right underneath our noses all this time.
Old 15-06-2016, 09:51 PM
Suspended
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsandee
Very interesting, I'm going to eastern Europe soon, who knows what I'll find. Lots and lots of hills, valleys and caves which people seldom visit, might be because of the numerous mine fields.

It's amazing if they've managed to live right underneath our noses all this time.

We don't know everything of the world we think we know. Scientists have, after all, said we've driven more species to extinction in the Amazon than we'll ever discover.

I'll just say when you go to keep an open mind. And open eyes. If you want to PM me a location I can see what I can do to point you in the right direction.

Also please don't think fae and other such beings look like Disney "fairies". The Huldufólk, for example, are sort of itsy "hill people". They are just one of the fae and others which don't, and never will, have wings. There's also the álfar and well not all álfar / elves are nice.

Last edited by GlowWorm : 15-06-2016 at 11:10 PM.
Old 15-06-2016, 10:25 PM
Guide

Sounds like trolls to me, those small norwegian ones to be exact.
I actually got interested in these things because someone from Iceland told me about them, he also said these beings aren't the only ones on the island and that these trolls for example are there too.
Old 15-06-2016, 11:09 PM
Suspended
Knower
Hm.. to my knowledge, and I won't say I am an expert, I believe the majority, or what most Icelanders choose to acknowledge, would be closer to what the English once called gnomes [no not quite the things on your lawn] actually.

Huldufólk are actually fae. They are not just fairies nor elves, regardless of what some sites say by promoting just the elf idea. The term applies to trolls, dwarves, goblins and elves and probably a few other creatures. Ogres for example.

Troll itself is considered a species "title" by some and there's "subspecies" inside that; gnomes, hobgoblins, etc. are "subspecies" of the dub troll.

Majority though I believe in Iceland are álfar / elves because generally elves are the more neutral or good of such fae. Easier, in a way, to respect. But as said not all elves are good because well there is a story, not sure how accurate it is, of a woman actually being 'kidnapped' by them. Ask your friend of the woman found inside or near one of the Elf Rock caves, see if she/he'll tell you anything.

It is quite interesting when one digs around and as said there's things people will just never tell to outsiders.