Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 11-03-2013, 08:13 PM
PSemple

Personally, I would be suspect of it since it "called" to you and then answered with negativity, a bit scary. Maybe you should try shelving it and trying out another one and see if things are different. Certain objects can carry dangerous energy.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:52 PM
Niebla0007

Pendulums

Hello! MyKindOfLullaby.
I grew up watching my Grandma use her pendulum a lot.

The way I was understanding it, she was using it with necromancy magic,
but sometimes just toys with it if she was not taking the person inquiring seriously.

With making Talismans
& the pendulums as being at the same category,
especially metals & bought ones like yours,
Sunshineofthesoul is right with being adviced to sleep with it under your pillow for a few nights to see whether you are compatible with it before doing anything with it.
It should let you know if it is not - if not, just be passed it on to somebody close to you who may find some use for it or get it exchanged if possible.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:07 AM
Pathfinder
this is a good place to start.. pay attention to Pendulum Systems and
programs

- LETTER TO ROBIN -
A Mini-Course in Pendulum Dowsing
by Walt Woods

my personal opinion is that when people begin a journey to higher consciousness and self improvement.. the powers that be often test them to see if they really mean it. another option is that the Negative.. 'elements' will try to spook you out before you learn that they actually have absolutely no power what so ever over you... to ambush your path to unity with the forces of light. they can only plant seeds of doubt that you nurture to grow
Old 02-09-2013, 05:22 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSemple
Personally, I would be suspect of it since it "called" to you and then answered with negativity, a bit scary. Maybe you should try shelving it and trying out another one and see if things are different. Certain objects can carry dangerous energy.
__________________________________________________ __
wood is supposed to be more naturally "Clear" than crystals of 'hitchhikers'

carve one from a tree limb or dowel, there are little "eye screws" for the cord.. in the picture hanger area at Home Depot, Michaels etc
Old 02-09-2013, 05:35 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKindOfLullaby
Hello, I apologize if this is in the wrong thread, I browsed through them and thought this was the best suiting one.

I recently bought a pendulum. I picked it because it seemed to call to me a bit and it felt comfortable to hold. When I got home, I cleansed my pendulum with sage incense and left it in sea salt over night as well.

When I used my pendulum, I protected myself and stated that only high, pure, positive energy may communicate through my pendulum. I asked it questions, and I asked if I was speaking with an Angel. It stated 'no.' I then asked if it was a spirit and it said 'no'. I asked if it was good energy and it said 'no.' Then to make sure I wasn't getting a 'no' answer over and over, i asked if i was speaking with negative energy and it said 'yes.'

After that, I cleansed my pendulum with sage and tried again. The negative energy came back through again. I then had an urge to put my pendulum outside in a plant (I just had a feeling I should.) The next day, I put my pendulum in a bag with a citrine crystal to cleanse it. I have not taken my pendulum out since. It has been at least a month since i have touched it.

So my question is, do you think it is okay to try my pendulum again? Is there anything i can do to get the negative energy away? Is it attached to the pendulum? Any info is greatly appreciated!
__________________________________________________ ___________

I just had a thought...

did you "Tune" your Pendulum? if you hold it too low on the cord/chain it usually does or has a tendency to do circles[yes] no matter what you ask and if you hold it to high on the cord it will always or at least have a tendency to swing back and forth [usually no..] with some people it is reversed.

hold the curd high enough it swings back an forth while you think the word "Tune" slowly repeatedly. then take up a little cord a bit at a time till it does circles.. then back up till it remains stationary between yes and no. I tie a knot at that point or ink a mark or if it is a chain I thread a string thru a chain link and tie a knot in that. it makes it easier to find the neutral "Tuned" point.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Master
Here's a little different take to add to the mix:

Dowsing has been used to find water and minerals and sites for homes for as far back as we can go. Traditionally done with two sticks or a forked stick.

In modern times Dowsers are employed by oil company's to find deposits, people needing to find water for a well, and companies looking for specific mineral deposits and of course by all manner of people seeking to access that which is hidden. There is a National Organization of Dowsers with 1000's of members. It is apparently a known generalization that men have better results dowsing with rods while women achieve better results with a pendulum or using their bodies.

Among these groups and others dowsing is considered a way to access the knowledge available inside us when we focus our intent upon allowing it manifest through whatever tool we use. Or another way to say it is dowsing with a clear mind acts as a cell phone to our Higher Self from which nothing is hidden.

This thread is the first time I've ran into the idea that a dowsing method could be used by any other than the being holding it.

I do believe that clarity of intention and mind sets the playing field for any arena, if we believe therefore that some other entity could possibly use it - it immediately becomes a possibility, because we have given that permission to happen and the Universe always rises up to bring our mental creations into being. For that reason we must be mindful of what our belief systems are as are beliefs create the world around us.
If we live in a world in which inanimate objects can not be used by other forces then that is the reality we experience.
Old 15-09-2013, 02:40 AM
becklyn37

Exclamation

Check out the British College of Dowsing website. Also the American Society of Dowsers. There are some books by David Green about psychic self defense you could read too. I always start each session by asking if I am speaking with someone from the light. I follow this question with "do you love the light". If I receive a negative response to either of these questions, I put my pendulum away for at least 24 hours. So far, this little bit of caution has protected me. At first, I didn't realize that protection was a necessary part of dowsing, and I attracted some rather mischievous energies that liked to frighten me and kept me and my family up all hours of the night. It took some effort to get rid of these pests. So now I am a little more cautious. Good luck.
Old 15-09-2013, 06:29 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by becklyn37
Check out the British College of Dowsing website. Also the American Society of Dowsers. There are some books by David Green about psychic self defense you could read too. I always start each session by asking if I am speaking with someone from the light. I follow this question with "do you love the light". If I receive a negative response to either of these questions, I put my pendulum away for at least 24 hours. So far, this little bit of caution has protected me. At first, I didn't realize that protection was a necessary part of dowsing, and I attracted some rather mischievous energies that liked to frighten me and kept me and my family up all hours of the night. It took some effort to get rid of these pests. So now I am a little more cautious. Good luck.

I got rid of my pendulum because it refused to work with me. I forgot what I did with it, I believe I buried it in soil so it could become part of the earth and get rid of negative energies. I'm glad I forgot where it went because it was not a nice pendulum. I may try another pendulum at some point. Would you suggest making my own out of string and a crystal that I like? Or does it have to be a certain shape?
Old 07-02-2014, 04:59 PM
CaityBee

Maybe I misunderstand the use of a pendulum, but I thought it was about finding the answers that we hold with in us. To me, this means that we already know the answer to the questions that we ask, and we subconsciously decide the answer that it gives.

Are you grounding yourself before you use it? It's always good to clear your head before you use any spiritual tools and relax.

Give it another try. Maybe something about it just set you off and now you are just nervous about it and that is where the negative energy is coming from.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:51 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaityBee
Maybe I misunderstand the use of a pendulum, but I thought it was about finding the answers that we hold with in us. To me, this means that we already know the answer to the questions that we ask, and we subconsciously decide the answer that it gives.

I don't think that is always the case. I read on another site that you can use it as a mode of communication (only yes and no obviously) with your spirit guide. That is what I have done. I know the answers are not coming from me as I have had some unexpected answers. Having determined the Yes and No, I always start each session now asking if she (the guide) is there and if it's OK to ask some questions. I always get a Yes.