Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 05-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Knower
First time using a pendulum, help please?

Hello, I apologize if this is in the wrong thread, I browsed through them and thought this was the best suiting one.

I recently bought a pendulum. I picked it because it seemed to call to me a bit and it felt comfortable to hold. When I got home, I cleansed my pendulum with sage incense and left it in sea salt over night as well.

When I used my pendulum, I protected myself and stated that only high, pure, positive energy may communicate through my pendulum. I asked it questions, and I asked if I was speaking with an Angel. It stated 'no.' I then asked if it was a spirit and it said 'no'. I asked if it was good energy and it said 'no.' Then to make sure I wasn't getting a 'no' answer over and over, i asked if i was speaking with negative energy and it said 'yes.'

After that, I cleansed my pendulum with sage and tried again. The negative energy came back through again. I then had an urge to put my pendulum outside in a plant (I just had a feeling I should.) The next day, I put my pendulum in a bag with a citrine crystal to cleanse it. I have not taken my pendulum out since. It has been at least a month since i have touched it.

So my question is, do you think it is okay to try my pendulum again? Is there anything i can do to get the negative energy away? Is it attached to the pendulum? Any info is greatly appreciated!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:04 PM
wothaluk

I have 4 responses with my pendulums, so each time i get one out i ask it to show me no, yes, not at this time, and never. (circles for yes no, and swing north south, or east west for not now and never). The second question i always ask, even with my favourite pendulum, is if it is willing to work with me.
I play with my pendulums, just sitting idly and watching them spinning, getting to know them. I would suggest you just spend time with your pendulum before you jump in at the deep end asking about negative energies.
I do have one pendulum that refuses to work with me, there's nothing i can do with it so it just looks pretty on my dressing table.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:05 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by wothaluk
I have 4 responses with my pendulums, so each time i get one out i ask it to show me no, yes, not at this time, and never. (circles for yes no, and swing north south, or east west for not now and never). The second question i always ask, even with my favourite pendulum, is if it is willing to work with me.
I play with my pendulums, just sitting idly and watching them spinning, getting to know them. I would suggest you just spend time with your pendulum before you jump in at the deep end asking about negative energies.
I do have one pendulum that refuses to work with me, there's nothing i can do with it so it just looks pretty on my dressing table.

I want to spend time with it, but now every time I think about my pendulum, I feel negativity. I don't know if I should just buy another or try again with my current one.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:02 AM
sunshineofthesoul

When I first bought my Pendulum I placed it under my pillow for a few nights in a row to connect with it. Right now I am actually doing a 7 day sea salt and water cleanse with all my crystals .
http://www.sunshineofthesoul.com/Pag...pendulums.aspx
Old 06-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Seeker
I never cleansed my pendulum. Still it works more than well with me. It answers all my questions, ever since the first time I used it. I haven't kept it with me, or kept it close to me.
But I suggest you try to keep it close to you and get it used to your energy. I can't answer better, I'm still kinda newbie to these kind of things :)
Old 07-01-2013, 12:59 AM
Knower
I have thought about carrying it with me, but something is telling me not to. I'll try sleeping with it, but if I get nightmares or anything, i'm burying it under nice soil and leaving it alone!
Old 10-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Mahdrek

Question

im totally new to Pendulums also and just got a rose quartz 1 i was drawn to yesterday....i didnt use it too much as I want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly.......it answered the basic questions wonderfully, swinging clockwise for yes and counterclockwise for no....are there any other answers i should be aware of, sometimes it stays still ?
I told a friend how excited i was about it, and it did not answer her questions she texted me correctly....i even told the pendulum, the reason i was asking wasnt for some "palour game " but to help my friend believe even more in crystals as I'm going to be programming 1 for her.
-anyhow is there any type of protection i should do prior
-should i treat the pendulum like all my other crystals: clear/cleanse/charge ? and what about programming< assuming comes with its own program, but i guess i should't assume ?
any advice would be greatly appreciated

Namaste
Old 10-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Knower
I think a rose quartz pendulum would be great. I really like rose quartz.
Old 23-02-2013, 01:59 AM
theramin

mykindoflulliby I don't really know why, but I believe pendulums are not %100 accurate. If they are %60 accurate thats above chance. Two sometimes (I think) we can swing the pendulum a particular way depending on what we may expect it to do. So, I don't know, but possibly the dowsing you did was off target. Maybe think of it this way. I am talking to a stranger and then I ask them "are you a horrible person?" The other person may be offended and not really care what they say to me after that point. They may feel a bit insecure. They say yeah sure and hang up the phone or switch the line to someone else. Who's really to say that a being can't drop communication at any time without the dowser knowing it. That's possible too I suppose.
Old 23-02-2013, 02:06 AM
theramin

My favorite is clear quarts that has been rounded off into a cone and instead of a cone point its more round at the end.