Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 12-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Virtuality

Hey Light

You don't need to do anything wrong to get sued, any time you deal with people it becomes a possiblity. Some people are just out to make a buck and they make some stuff up. It doesn't matter if you make no claims or offer your service for free. People "slip and fall" outside shopping malls in the winter all the time and sue the owner or the chain store... or walk behind cars in the parking lot on purpose... or spill coffee on themselves. There is also the off-chance that your table breaks and hurts someone, they trip and fall over a rug or whatever.

The problem is this: even if you win you still have to pay a lot just to defend yourself. That is where insurance comes in handy. It hasnt happened to me knock on wood... but i've seen horrible things happen to other people.

Sorry for my paranoia... I spent a few too many years in the construction industry I think :)
Old 12-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Silverfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtuality
Hey Light

You don't need to do anything wrong to get sued, any time you deal with people it becomes a possiblity. Some people are just out to make a buck and they make some stuff up. It doesn't matter if you make no claims or offer your service for free. People "slip and fall" outside shopping malls in the winter all the time and sue the owner or the chain store... or walk behind cars in the parking lot on purpose... or spill coffee on themselves. There is also the off-chance that your table breaks and hurts someone, they trip and fall over a rug or whatever.

The problem is this: even if you win you still have to pay a lot just to defend yourself. That is where insurance comes in handy. It hasnt happened to me knock on wood... but i've seen horrible things happen to other people.

Sorry for my paranoia... I spent a few too many years in the construction industry I think :)

Hi Virtuality.

Everything you say is so true. This is the modern world in which we live in and I guess we have to live with that fact. Certainly feel more secure with having insurance than being without.

Take care out there friends.

Silverfox
Old 12-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Virtuality

And for those of us who are already slightly... or ermmm really paranoid, it takes the pressure off so we don't accidentally ATTRACT those negative experiences to ourselves. It frees us up to be a bit more ourselves

You take care too Silverfox

Love and light everyone!
Old 12-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ces
I'm not charging though so does it still require insurance.

Now that I think about it it is probably good to have insurance.. Especially with doing energy healing. More so when you are doing hands on than hands off. You have the possibility that one can claim that you put your hands in the wrong spaces, or they were not comfortable with your hands, and claim you harrassed them. Sadly, this type of things can happen when doing healing with your hands.

Even with distant healing one could make up stories that you harrassed them, or assaulted them with your energy.

So as a peace of mind it would probably be best to get insurance if you are planning on doing it professionally, or has a side. You may also want to check with your local laws as well to see what they require for you to be a holistic practioner.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Administrator
Hello

Having just completed me Level One Reiki and being told at Chuch I can go into the Healing Room with someoene as long as anothe Master was there. I get that as the hands are placed on the body. NOT all places are appropriate to touch.

ONE has to be very aware that a person might well have suffered from some form of abuse or trama and a touch in any of the mid section might open the wounds held there.

It is all energy and it is FELT by the person if there or if at a distance. It is all touch. I have done distant healing with friends for a long time now....and respct is always there.

Being Empathic and able to read other's will serve me well in being able to pick up on the surface fears that are there. To know if there is some area I should make sure I have permission to go there with.

I had that with the one I did me trainning with. She had been abused both in childhood and in her marriage. I could FEEL that with her. As we had to KNOW the full hand postions I was very aware to ASK it it was OK to move on each time I moved me hands. There has to be that trust with healer and pateint.

To practice independenly where I live i have to have Level 2 and do three months with SOMEONE that is a Master Healer before I can go to Level 3 and before I can work alone for a FEE. Then a waver is signed by the patient.

Its very strictly regulated in the place I live which I feel is GOOD.

Lynn