Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 31-12-2017, 07:37 PM
Master
a bit confused by a reading, an outside perspective might help

so I did a year ahead spread yesterday and struggled with it a little bit, especially the overall theme card after coming up with mostly positive interpretations of the other cards. maybe someone will have some insight that I haven't thought of.

1. 2017 summary: 5 of Swords: at first this threw me because overall 2017 was a really positive year for me. but then, the positive changes did come from discord and conflict so I suppose that makes sense. and there is definitely a sense of having defeated an opponent, so to speak, and I definitely conquered my fears in spite of the odds against me so in the end that made sense.

2. what I learned from 2017: 6 of Swords: this made sense, as I learned a lot from the challenges the 5 speaks of. I moved away from difficulties, recovered, gained a new perspective, began to be more positive about life, had improved communication and solving of problems with key people in my life.

3. what I aspire to in 2018: 5 of Cups: okay this frustrated me at first. but I think this card is trying to say that I will aspire to let go of attachments, not fear the loss of something which will be replaced anyway, embrace change, go with the flow, acknowledge my mistakes, and get back into the flow of my life.

4. what empowers me in reaching my aspirations in 2018: Justice: this seems pretty straightforward, no confusion here

5. what may stand in my way in reaching my aspirations in 2018: 10 of Swords: exaggerating my problems, playing the victim or martyr to wield power over someone, basically saying I need to not wallow in my depression or negative emotions I think

6. my relationships & emotions in 2018: 9 of Cups: this surprised me but I'll take it haha

7. career/school/volunteering/finances in 2018: King of Pentacles: not sure if this is representing me or someone else who will be significant to me in these areas next year but either way it seems positive.

8. my health & well-being in 2018: Ace of Swords: this seems to suggest my mental health will improve, that I'll not be too hindered by my emotionality but instead will be able to be more logical, see the way forward clearly, face reality instead of being caught up in my inner world, and that I'll need to give expression to my ideas or feelings and will make something better of my life

9. my spiritual energy & inner fulfillment in 2018: The Fool: I feel pretty positive about this one

10. what I most need to focus on for 2018: Knight of Swords: self-assuredness, knowledge, analysis, speaking up, not fearing criticism or worrying I'll upset someone. so in other words being assertive lol

11. my most important lesson in 2018: 2 of Swords: I feel a little unsure about this one but I think it's saying I need to face whatever I find myself in denial about, be honest about my blocked or repressed feelings and barriers, face my unwillingness to make a choice and fear of being hurt

12. where I'm headed overall in 2018: The Moon. okay this is where I get stumped! overall this reading seemed quite positive in every area, then my summary card is The Moon?! what is that about? all I can think is maybe it's saying I'm going to wind up somewhere I've never been before, a realm beyond the known, the comfortable and the predictable. that I won't let deceptions or distortion of the truth lead me away from my purpose. but I'm also worried it might be saying there will be dishonesty around me, or that I'll be so wrapped up in my emotions that I won't have a clear, rational view of the truth of a matter. but that doesn't seem to line up with all the Swords energy in this reading so hopefully not? I don't know.
Old 31-12-2017, 08:53 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow.sprinkles
so I did a year ahead spread yesterday and struggled with it a little bit, especially the overall theme card after coming up with mostly positive interpretations of the other cards. maybe someone will have some insight that I haven't thought of.

1. 2017 summary: 5 of Swords: at first this threw me because overall 2017 was a really positive year for me. but then, the positive changes did come from discord and conflict so I suppose that makes sense. and there is definitely a sense of having defeated an opponent, so to speak, and I definitely conquered my fears in spite of the odds against me so in the end that made sense.

This suggests 2017 saw you acting in your own best interests and that's not to be thought of as a bad thing, especially if there is something or someone bringing discord in to your life.

Quote:
2. what I learned from 2017: 6 of Swords: this made sense, as I learned a lot from the challenges the 5 speaks of. I moved away from difficulties, recovered, gained a new perspective, began to be more positive about life, had improved communication and solving of problems with key people in my life.

This sort of backs up the 5 of Swords.

Quote:
3. what I aspire to in 2018: 5 of Cups: okay this frustrated me at first. but I think this card is trying to say that I will aspire to let go of attachments, not fear the loss of something which will be replaced anyway, embrace change, go with the flow, acknowledge my mistakes, and get back into the flow of my life.

Perhaps this is telling you to look back over the past and recognise any 'triggers' ie things that happen now that throw you back to feelings of hurt. I love this card as an indication that a situation I may feel negatively about comes from something much deeper in the past and, unless addressed, the positive lesson of the current situation can't be felt.

Quote:
4. what empowers me in reaching my aspirations in 2018: Justice: this seems pretty straightforward, no confusion here

nuff said

Quote:
5. what may stand in my way in reaching my aspirations in 2018: 10 of Swords: exaggerating my problems, playing the victim or martyr to wield power over someone, basically saying I need to not wallow in my depression or negative emotions I think

Not seeing that 'when one door closes, another one opens'. I also feel there is a tendency to think others shatter your dreams or block your goals but why are you so bothered in what other people think? Just because it's not their goal doesn't invalidate it

Quote:
6. my relationships & emotions in 2018: 9 of Cups: this surprised me but I'll take it haha

Quote:
7. career/school/volunteering/finances in 2018: King of Pentacles: not sure if this is representing me or someone else who will be significant to me in these areas next year but either way it seems positive.

This sounds like a sponsorship, apprenticeship or funding from someone or place that is willing to support your endeavours.

Quote:
8. my health & well-being in 2018: Ace of Swords: this seems to suggest my mental health will improve, that I'll not be too hindered by my emotionality but instead will be able to be more logical, see the way forward clearly, face reality instead of being caught up in my inner world, and that I'll need to give expression to my ideas or feelings and will make something better of my life

Clarity, especially if you have a mental health issue (I know from my daughter that foggy, muddled feeling that can come with mental health issues can be frustrating) so maybe an improvement in your mental health so your thinking becomes more clearer.

Quote:
9. my spiritual energy & inner fulfillment in 2018: The Fool: I feel pretty positive about this one

Quote:
10. what I most need to focus on for 2018: Knight of Swords: self-assuredness, knowledge, analysis, speaking up, not fearing criticism or worrying I'll upset someone. so in other words being assertive lol

Quote:
11. my most important lesson in 2018: 2 of Swords: I feel a little unsure about this one but I think it's saying I need to face whatever I find myself in denial about, be honest about my blocked or repressed feelings and barriers, face my unwillingness to make a choice and fear of being hurt

Patience, take time to deliberate over what you need to, there's no need for hasty decisions.

Quote:
12. where I'm headed overall in 2018: The Moon. okay this is where I get stumped! overall this reading seemed quite positive in every area, then my summary card is The Moon?! what is that about? all I can think is maybe it's saying I'm going to wind up somewhere I've never been before, a realm beyond the known, the comfortable and the predictable. that I won't let deceptions or distortion of the truth lead me away from my purpose. but I'm also worried it might be saying there will be dishonesty around me, or that I'll be so wrapped up in my emotions that I won't have a clear, rational view of the truth of a matter. but that doesn't seem to line up with all the Swords energy in this reading so hopefully not? I don't know.

Whoa...........hold back with the negative side of the moon, have you thought that you are headed for a year of tuning in to energies, moving with the ebbs and flows of life and following your gut instincts more.
The Moon can also mean taking the middle road (see the 2 of Swords coming into play) or the unseen path, a direction that you've not got a clear vision of but just feels right. The Moon, for me, can be about not being able to see where we're heading but having to rely on our own senses and instincts, so trusting in yourself.
Hope that helps a bit.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
This suggests 2017 saw you acting in your own best interests and that's not to be thought of as a bad thing, especially if there is something or someone bringing discord in to your life.

this is very accurate.

Quote:
Perhaps this is telling you to look back over the past and recognise any 'triggers' ie things that happen now that throw you back to feelings of hurt. I love this card as an indication that a situation I may feel negatively about comes from something much deeper in the past and, unless addressed, the positive lesson of the current situation can't be felt.

well I suppose that makes sense.

Quote:
Not seeing that 'when one door closes, another one opens'. I also feel there is a tendency to think others shatter your dreams or block your goals but why are you so bothered in what other people think? Just because it's not their goal doesn't invalidate it

interesting.

Quote:
This sounds like a sponsorship, apprenticeship or funding from someone or place that is willing to support your endeavours.

I'll be doing a practicum in the fall, could be related to that I figure. or maybe a summer job.

Quote:
Clarity, especially if you have a mental health issue (I know from my daughter that foggy, muddled feeling that can come with mental health issues can be frustrating) so maybe an improvement in your mental health so your thinking becomes more clearer.

agreed.

Quote:
Patience, take time to deliberate over what you need to, there's no need for hasty decisions.

always good advice

Quote:
Whoa...........hold back with the negative side of the moon, have you thought that you are headed for a year of tuning in to energies, moving with the ebbs and flows of life and following your gut instincts more.
The Moon can also mean taking the middle road (see the 2 of Swords coming into play) or the unseen path, a direction that you've not got a clear vision of but just feels right. The Moon, for me, can be about not being able to see where we're heading but having to rely on our own senses and instincts, so trusting in yourself.
Hope that helps a bit.

well that's a not so bad interpretation. thank you so much for your thoughts, it was helpful :)