Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 19-07-2017, 12:39 AM
Newbie ;)

I see floats?

Ever since I was young I would see floats due to bad eyesight I was told. I went on Prozac when I was 15 and since then the floats and stuff seemed to of went down a lot. Like I wouldn't see them as much or as many at a time. Its usually in the dark where I see the most. Anyways I recently started weaning myself off of Prozac about a month ago. I'm nearly 21 and feel like I've been on it too long and that its been hindering My spirituality. Just recently I noticed I'm seeing the floats more, especially in my room at night when its dark. I see what looks like a sky full of stars with like blobs sort of hovering around. Is this just my bad eyesight or what is it? I just find it weird that its become more apparent now again that I'm coming off the antidepressant .
Old 19-07-2017, 01:21 AM
Experiencer
Ok, so before I write anything else, here is an article on eye floats. It explains what they are and so on; http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/benign-eye-floaters#1

Maybe read on this first, and then the rest of my post. So here is my own experience with this. I have a bad eyesight as well. Well its not really bad, but it requires me to wear glasses in order to see well on long distances. I usually never wear them because I just don't care, and my eyesight kinda stays the same, so.. On to floats. Well, the thing is, I have been seeing things with my eyes for a long time. When I went to check on internet what is this thing I am seeing the answer I found was it is eye floats, but this conclusion didn't seem right for me. What I would see, were tiny tiny little specks of light. I would call them sparkles, or little stars. Normally during the day completely randomly, one would suddenly appear in my peripheral vision, and would travel left or right. The ones that appeared like that were always quite strong and bright. If I tried turning my head or putting my eyes on it, it would vanish quickly. After reading certain book, I found a mention of this in that book and a way on how to see it. I tried doing it, and to my amazement it was very easy. I also can't remember seeing this before that point as a child, when now I can hardly not see it every time I go out and look in the sky. So if I go outside and I look in the sky, whether it is blue or white or cloudy I can see little sparkles, tiny stars flying everywhere. It looks like a swarm of tiny fireflies. This phenomena is very easy to observe, but again as with the ones that pop up in my vision when I am inside of a house, I cannot track those I see outside as well. They come and go, and I am unable to track their path, to see how they fly. So seeing this I was naturally curious what it is, and the answer I found on google was they are eye floaters. Well I never was satisfied with this answer and mostly for two reasons. Here is how eye floaters are supposed to look like when I see them:

Black or gray dots
Squiggly lines
Threadlike strands, which can be knobby and almost see-through
Cobwebs
Rings

None of these fits the tiny specks of bright light that I am able to see. The closest thing is black or grey dots, but it is as well as far as it could be. What I am seeing are little really bright sparkles flying everywhere. You saying that it looks like stars, suggest that you might be seeing the same thing? Hard for me too tell, but I don't think that you would describe seeing something grey or black as a star?

As well as seeing this bright sparkles, quite many years ago I noticed I was able to see something else as well. This thing was different, and after seeing it many times I was able to recognize it, because it always gad the same shape. it looked sorta white, with a certain transparency to it. Almost like when you are looking a hair under the microscope. It appeared to be a thread, a bit tangled on some parts that would slowly flow pass my field of visions. This one behaved differently. If I forced to keep my eyes straight I could observe it, and after it appeared to leave my field of vision I could bring it back into center by small movements of my eye. After some time I noticed I had another different structure in my eye, that remains the same shape and I am able to see it when looking at something white or bright. I wonder what it was, and If you go back to description what eye floaters look like, it fits this description perfectly. It is an aye floater I am seeing. Fascinating thing to observe. But, seeing how I was able to see eye floater now, I realized that they are completely different to those little lights I could see if I tried. They looked differently and behaved completely different. So my conclusion was and is, that little sparks are something different. The difference between you and me is however that I never saw them in the dark. I tried looking in different places, and when inside I could see some, but there appeared to be considerably less of sparks, when compared to outside. Also I can see them when it is bright. I never tried looking when it is dark. Maybe I will try tonight when I go to sleep. I hope that you will be able to discern from my description if what you are seeing are really eye floaters or something else entirely. From your description it seems though, that you see this a lot, and without really wanting to, perhaps to the point of it being a bother to you?

This might be farfetched, but if this little lights are something else, and not eye floaters, a connection between medications and seeing them is an interesting one.. I have no idea why someone would see less eye floaters due to antidepressants, but if tiny sparkles have to do with something different, connected to spirituality, energy, universe, what you are noticing in relation to your medication could make more sense. I don't want to put any idea into your head what you might be seeing or what I am seeing could be, because I still haven't decided for myself, but one person once asked me, if I am able to see gold sparkles outside, and when I replied yes, they said that they have no idea why I am asking them for advice then if I am able to information myself. Try looking at the sky next and see if you can see the specks as well.

I think that a lot of people on these forums can see these sparkles as well. I told my friends about this phenomena and when they tried looking into the sky they could see it as well, though many said it is just some optical trick or illusion or that it had to do something with the eye. Who knows? Right? =)
Old 19-07-2017, 01:37 AM
Newbie ;)

In the dark I see lots of really small sparkly lights like you described. It looks like I'm viewing the universe because there is other larger shapes too but they dont resemble planets or anything, they are like blobs but the shiny star-like shapes in the dark makes it look like I'm outside looking up at a very starry night sky. I also see floats like the ones you described tho as well. Usually in the daytime I see them.
Old 19-07-2017, 04:07 PM
Pathfinder

I randomly see these specs too. I always thought I was going crazy when I saw them lol. Now this post makes sense. But sometimes I see mine more like a bull eyes. A circle with a dot in the middle.
Old 19-07-2017, 08:34 PM
Experiencer
Well like I said the easiest way to test this is going outside in staring at the blue sky. I just tried writing down <<specks of light flying in the blue sky>> for the first time and this is what I got: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_f...tic_phenomenon

This actually fits what I see perfectly, and supposedly it is still related to our eyes. Does it relay has to do something with out eyes, or is it just a distraction? =)
Old 21-07-2017, 01:41 AM
Knower

Light Yellow Dot

I do sometimes see a bit smaller than 1/8" tiny dot appears and disappear occasionally when staring at wall sitting on my toilet and at night in bed.

One time dot forgot to stay still trace a short shaky line. I do know who it is belonged was negative entity or bad one psychic.

Before that Yellow, I had bit larger several occasions of semi-transparent blue dot and bit larger.

Cheers, stonecollector
Old 22-07-2017, 01:27 PM
Knower

I've experienced the floaters/lights/sparkles as well.

Experiment with them. Both internally & externally. This is the only way I was able to confirm they were indeed spirits.

First, get an overall health review & most importantly eyes checked. Then, experiment. Use alternating eyes & simutaneously. Stare for long periods of time then short. Play with lighting: the whole spectrum. Experiment at varying states of consciousness: awake, meditative, trance like states, half asleep, sleep deprived, etc. Experiment when hungry, full, sick, tired, etc. Experiment in all different emotional states. All different life occurences.

Then, experiment (in a humane way) with people. I would purposely have certain contact with specific individuals under specific conditions at specific times. Doing all this allowed for me to fully experience & document the phenomena.

It never failed. When an action was taken with a specific entity - within a specific time frame (reaction time) the light/s would appear (depending on who/how many were involved. Lights would vary on color, intensity, and frequency.

There would be times where I did something completely out of character/outlandish/extreme to see the reaction- not just on the physical plane, but the spiritual.

You can become so we'll adapted that you can identify which lights belong to whom. I would also be able to read the minds of a certain number of individuals/feel their energy.
Old 23-07-2017, 03:28 PM
Seeker

If they were floaters, you wouldn't be able to see them in the dark, but would be more pronounced with bright backgrounds like the sky or a white wall. Most of the time floaters are dark dots, but can be squiggles and transparent dots that look like red blood cells. Now if you look to the left and quickly look to the right you will see them move in your vision. Think of it like a snow globe. The sparkles and other things you are seeing won't move like that.

You mentioned bad eyesight, but what is that really? Your eyes focus light at a specific distance uncorrected and with glasses. Just think of how people look at auras and things like that - they try to focus at a specific depth or location near or beyond what they want to see. Maybe you are just focused at the right spot and can see things without much effort?

I've seen sparkles in the sky like you described, but there are what seems to be an infinite amount. I thought it was inside my eyes, but when I looked left and right, there were different ones. I just relaxed my gaze and try not to blink as much - kind of like looking at auras on a person. I did that for quite a while and noticed some other strange stuff after focusing on the sparkles. The sky became very dark and dark waves of shadows rolled across the sky from behind me. They looked like the aurora borealis but dark and I could hear a low whooshing sound as the waves passed overhead. That was very bizarre.

But to get back to the floaters vs sparkles - I believe you are seeing something other than floaters. I'm an ophthalmic technician and I see people with floaters all the time and they never describe them like this, not to mention my own experience with them. Hope this helps.
Old 23-07-2017, 05:02 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoPeridot
If they were floaters, you wouldn't be able to see them in the dark, but would be more pronounced with bright backgrounds like the sky or a white wall. Most of the time floaters are dark dots, but can be squiggles and transparent dots that look like red blood cells. Now if you look to the left and quickly look to the right you will see them move in your vision. Think of it like a snow globe. The sparkles and other things you are seeing won't move like that.

You mentioned bad eyesight, but what is that really? Your eyes focus light at a specific distance uncorrected and with glasses. Just think of how people look at auras and things like that - they try to focus at a specific depth or location near or beyond what they want to see. Maybe you are just focused at the right spot and can see things without much effort?

I've seen sparkles in the sky like you described, but there are what seems to be an infinite amount. I thought it was inside my eyes, but when I looked left and right, there were different ones. I just relaxed my gaze and try not to blink as much - kind of like looking at auras on a person. I did that for quite a while and noticed some other strange stuff after focusing on the sparkles. The sky became very dark and dark waves of shadows rolled across the sky from behind me. They looked like the aurora borealis but dark and I could hear a low whooshing sound as the waves passed overhead. That was very bizarre.

But to get back to the floaters vs sparkles - I believe you are seeing something other than floaters. I'm an ophthalmic technician and I see people with floaters all the time and they never describe them like this, not to mention my own experience with them. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your input! really great information and experience sharing in your post. I can to some extent confirm your findings, but I am now very curious to try looking in to the specs for a longer period of time now, to perhaps see what you experienced. I am trying out ufo photography at the moment, and usually while looking at the sky, at some point, very quickly it becomes hard for me to stay focused on the sky watching out for any objects because naturally I start to see these specs very quickly and they completely swarm the sky making it hard to observe other things. I always considered this phenomena to be something else then eye floaters. If you look a bit up I posted some other link, that actually explained this phenomena as Blue field entoptic phenomenon. this one actually resembles our experiences quite right as far as I could gather, and it still explain it has to do with our eyes. Do you have any thoughts on that? Is it just a fake explanation to cover this up, or is it actually what it is really going on. Off course discovering and understanding something through science should never take away from it as a spiritual phenomena. It may still happen in our eyes, which makes sense because our eyes are tools with which to perceive this reality, but these specks may still have roots on something deeper. The problem with Blue Field Phenomenon is that I on random experience this specks of light while inside as well, away from any blue light or even screen light, when I would se a small very bright speck pass my view and disappear, so it is not just outside when looking in to the blue sky. Another phenomena, which could be the cause of someones experience and can be present even in the dark is called Visual snow. Wiki link to it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_snow
Old 23-07-2017, 11:21 PM
Seeker

Azmond,

Below is the best description of how I saw the dark waves in the sky I can think of.

The longer I looked at the specs, the brighter and more pronounced they became. Once that happened, I trained my focus just beyond the specs and held it there intently. After a bit of time doing that, the sky grew dark and shortly after I started to see the dark waves. If you are somewhere where you wont be disturbed for a while, it will work much better.

My experience with the specs is that they will be easier to see the more time you spend looking at them, which is probably why they just jump into your vision when you are trying UFO photography. UFO photography sounds very interesting and I'll definitely look into that and certainly will give it a try.

Some things stood out to me when reading about the Blue field entoptic phenomenon you linked above. They describe them as "short lived, visible for a second or less, and traveling short distances along seemingly random, curvy paths". Sometimes I do experience seeing these dots as described in the article, but there are differences compared to what we are discussing here. When I see them, in the context that we are talking about, they are not short lived and I can focus on one single little dot and follow it where ever it goes. Also, when I slightly look to the left or right, I see different sparkles, so they are not following the path of my blood vessels as described. "If the eye moves, the dots follow instantaneously, because they are contained in the retina."

I don't think they are trying to mislead us with science or medicine in this instance, even though it is obvious at other times. I think about the world of science and medicine as not being absolute, but being one perspective. Honestly, if science and medicine were the end all and be all authority, doctors wouldn't "practice" medicine and science wouldn't be based on theories and hypothesis.

As far as visual snow goes, I feel these are two different phenomena. I see visual snow all day everyday, but am able to ignore it. Years ago I asked one of my doctors what I was seeing and they didn't have an answer. The link you provided mentioned a few things I thought were interesting.

"People report seeing "snow", much like the visual noise on a TV screen after transmission ends." Which accurately describes how it looks to me all the time. But beyond that, it gets interesting with this next quote:

"Many report more visual snow in low light conditions. This has a natural explanation. "The intrinsic dark noise of primate cones is equivalent to ~4000 absorbed photons per second at mean light levels below this the cone signals are dominated by intrinsic noise"."

Normally that would seem to explain this phenomenon, but it doesn't seem to hold water when this happens in a colorblind person such as myself. They describe the cones as being the cause or source of this because of "intrinsic noise". Colorblindness is caused by a lack of or non-functioning cone cells in the macula. This would lead me to believe I'd have less of a chance to see this than the average person.

Here is a link to a video that hit the nail on the head as far as what we are talking about. It is about a 20 min video, but I found it very informative. You may have to copy and paste it into your web browser address line since I'm still a newbie and can't post links.

youtube.com/watch?v=IwEROO1Hpak

I'm just happy someone else is experiencing what I see!! I always have visual snow 24-7 and its been there as far back as I can remember. The visual snow doesn't really bother me much because I've learned to look through it or past it, almost like shutting it off. The dots are something I never noticed until last year, but I do have to concentrate a little to see them. Hope all of this helps.