Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 31-01-2017, 11:40 AM
Master
End of Kali Yuga - 2025

Namaste.

I've been trying to work out what is going on in the world...I have posted in the Buddhist section about alternate truths, lies, maya and the world getting less religious...dharma fading etc

You know something is happening, or something is about to hit the fan big time when 'personal truths' are seen as 'all of reality'.

When people deny the nose on their faces or knowingly lie because it is socially acceptable to do so now...a lot of things have become 'socially acceptable' that goes against everything the scriptures are teaching us and it's getting worse...almost on a daily basis now, you can see it getting worse.

It is spinning faster and faster as it winds down into total societal breakdown and degeneration.

At first, I was confused as to the whole nature of the 'real world view'...then I became disgusted 'how can humans knowingly do this?' and then I go 'yeah...Kali Yuga'.

So the way the world is now and is going, there's not much more 'bad' that can happen except for everybody killing each other or the world blowing up.

So, I sought to find out just how much longer we all have to endure this...and then I came across this article:

https://grahamhancock.com/dmisrab6/

This makes a lot of sense and it fits with the whole timeline and I can honestly see something huge happening in 8 years that will shift the whole focus and change the whole world view.

I mean, something has to happen pretty soon, because the universe can only tolerate such a total imbalance for just so long.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 06-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
At first, I was confused as to the whole nature of the 'real world view'...then I became disgusted 'how can humans knowingly do this?' and then I go 'yeah...Kali Yuga'.

So the way the world is now and is going, there's not much more 'bad' that can happen except for everybody killing each other or the world blowing up.

So, I sought to find out just how much longer we all have to endure this...and then I came across this article:

https://grahamhancock.com/dmisrab6/

This makes a lot of sense and it fits with the whole timeline and I can honestly see something huge happening in 8 years that will shift the whole focus and change the whole world view.

I mean, something has to happen pretty soon, because the universe can only tolerate such a total imbalance for just so long.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Kali isn't one of my favorite world-stage characters. Having gone through and come out the other side of 'despair' (many a time), I am 'finally' able to feel (and trust!) the benevolent result of such action. As the saying goes, it is always darkest before the (next) dawn!

Here's a link to excellent article which also deals with the topic: http://www.rebellesociety.com/2016/1...alambert-kali/
Old 08-02-2017, 07:52 AM
Master
Namaste.

It is a common misconception that these times have something/anything to do with the Goddess.

It is all in the pronunciation.

The Goddess, Kali is pronounced as Kaali, while this yuga is pronounced as Kalli.

Two different things and two different concepts entirely, but thank you for the article and yes, recent events on the world political stage only goes to highlight the times we are living in.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 08-02-2017, 03:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
It is all in the pronunciation.

The Goddess, Kali is pronounced as Kaali, while this yuga is pronounced as Kalli.

Two different things and two different concepts entirely, but thank you for the article and yes, recent events on the world political stage only goes to highlight the times we are living in.
Ahhh, enlightenment! What would we do without it? I appreciate the clarification, necromancer.

On researching it, I came up with (from http://daughtersofthekaliyuga.com/20...li-vs-kalki/):

"It’s easy to get confused. The Goddess Kali is pronounced with both vowels long: Kaaaaah-Leeeeee. She is the fierce aspect of the goddess Durga, and in some cosmologies depicted as the wife or consort of the god, Shiva. Her name means “Time” or “Death.” She is the Goddess of Time and Destruction, charged with devouring human sin and ego, fearsome mouthfuls, indeed.[/color]"

And from http://hinduism.stackexchange.com/qu...li-and-kaliyug , I came up with: "She is Supremely merciful and mother of all and at the same time She is also terrible Annhilator of even time. Kala means time and Kaali is one who rules or even annhilates time"

I have to confess however, that despite the apparent 'distinctions', the 'end' result of Kali Yuga and the 'characteristics' of the Goddess Kali figure remain connotationally quite closely connected, for what I hope are apparent reasons - if nothing else, I think the word 'destruction' which is associated with both phenoms should make a reason for my associationally connecting them apparent.

I hope you realize that my saying this doesn't mean that I think that you and/or others should think and feel as I do about such matters.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:41 PM
Master
"The end of the Yuga will inevitably be followed by cataclysmic earth changes and civilization collapses, as is characteristic of the transitional periods."

Graham Hancock site of all people spreading End Of Times hysteria. I prefer older, mystical Yuga knowledge to new-age redux versions with prophecy timelines (2025) used to stir up present-day worry and concern. The whole Mayan calendar thing was the same. The 1970s were the apex of 666 movies; the 2000s, asteroids and such. A new fear every decade.

Yugas mark the end/beginning of great new impulses in our collective evolution. Example: it is said that Atlantean consciousness was much different that ours. It was still tied to spirit -- garden of Eden dream-consciousness so to speak -- and not the physical-material. So an Atlantean adult's consciousness was more akin to the consciousness of a new-born baby today. These are the sort of immense changes the Yugas signify: upheavals and transformations relating to our evolutionary make-up.

Last edited by Baile : 08-02-2017 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:48 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
[i]

Yugas mark the end/beginning of great new impulses in our collective evolution. Example: it is said that Atlantean consciousness was much different that ours. It was still tied to spirit -- garden of Eden dream-consciousness so to speak -- and not the physical-material. So an Atlantean adult's consciousness was more akin to the consciousness of a new-born baby today. These are the sort of immense changes the Yugas signify: upheavals and transformations relating to our evolutionary make-up.

I agree to this take. Generally Yugas are thought to be around 400 000 years. The transitions are compared to dawn and dusk of new eras. Even if the transitions were 1/100 of the yugas themselves, the transitions would would be 4000 years, which in terms of the way man views time, is an incredibly long period.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:51 PM
Pathfinder

Well said Baile.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:36 PM
Master
Namaste.

Thank you all for your replies.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 09-02-2017, 06:45 AM
Master

The Prajapita Brahmakumaris, too state similarly the same thing, that the Kali Yuga will end around 2036 setting the stage for the Satya Yuga or Golden age.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 09-02-2017, 07:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
The Prajapita Brahmakumaris, too state similarly the same thing, that the Kali Yuga will end around 2036 setting the stage for the Satya Yuga or Golden age.
Namaste.

I prefer the theory put forward by Sri Yukteshwar Giri, although I cannot put an exact date on it.

It has been noted that the Mahabharata ended @25,000 years ago, and the end of that war ushered in Kali Yuga. Before that, it was Dwapara Yuga.

25,000 years is also about one whole precession of equinox.

Maybe the scriptures meant 'months' and not 'years'...but anyway, Sri Yukteshwar Giri said we don't go back to Satya Yuga or Golden Age...oh no, we do it in reverse and go back to Dwapara Yuga and then slowly, our consciousness evolves again, after being in Kali Yuga for so long...and within the space of another full precession, we go back to it being Satya Yuga.

...or something like this anyway. It all has to do with the star Polaris.

I am not saying or condoning the world ending in 2025 and putting an exact year/time on it, but it's getting pretty close. Sri Yukteshwar Giri actually said 2100, but Graham Hancock said these calculations were slightly off.

I would think, not in my lifetime, not in that of my children...but any time after (when there's nobody left alive who will remember it) and then nobody can say "well, the time has come and gone now, what have you to say for yourself and your stupid theory?" but it will be within the next 100 years, no doubt.

Aum Namah Shivaya